How can I get a refund?

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
I've been stuck in Queue since Thursday January 28th. Steam will not accept my requests for a refund. MO2 Support is not responding.

Has anyone else been able to request a refund? This game is not playable, unless you consider a Queue gameplay. I don't sorry. I paid for a game, not a queue.

Any advice would help... I suppose going through my credit card is my next option, unless someone else has suggestions.

Reactions: Brewergamer

LoPing

Dec 14, 2021
Star Vault like any other publisher had to sign a TOS contract with Steam. That includes following steam's policy on refunds. Yes you can charge back thru your bank or credit card. But once you do Steam permabans you and delete's your account. Your move Skippy

Reactions: Balinor

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yes if you played more than 2 hours you are fucked.

They really have to stop selling this shit now. Anyone buying the game goin forward has basically 0 chance if getting into the main game, and will most likely be forever stuck in the queue.

Last edited:

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Star Vault like any other publisher had to sign a TOS contract with Steam. That includes following steam's policy on refunds. Yes you can charge back thru your bank or credit card. But once you do Steam permabans you and delete's your account. Your move Skippy
Cool thanks. I'm fine with them deleting my steam account. They can piss off if that's how they treat their customers. Thanks for the warning, I appreciate it.

Reactions: LoPing

Sneed

Jan 25, 2022
Cool thanks. I'm fine with them deleting my steam account. They can piss off if that's how they treat their customers. Thanks for the warning, I appreciate it.

Not worth losing the ability to play steam games forever; just bite the bullet on this one bud. Don't worry your money is going to a good place.

Cidpliskit

Sep 20, 2021
That's not quite how I see it... hah. Thanks though, appreciate you looking out. At this point in my life, I think I'd survive without Steam. :)
Put in a support ticket with steam unless u bought into beta then you have to put in a ticket with SV and good luck with that lol

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
Put in a support ticket with steam unless u bought into beta then you have to put in a ticket with SV and good luck with that lol

I have. I've asked for a refund twice, but got the standard 2hr playtime response everyone else is getting. I have like 16 hrs of playtime, and a big chunk of that is queue time... so it's not like I played to endgame and looking to get my money back. I put in a third ticket (not asking for a refund, since that seems to go to some bot that kicks it back), and explained the situation that the game is unplayable, and to ask to have my issue elevated to someone that can issue me a refund. I haven't heard back. I also sent a support ticket to SV, and haven't heard back from them either.

The whole thing is a big shit show, not worth the $35.99. I'm fine with never doing business with SV or Steam again, if this is how they run things.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

edit: and in my case I did "not resolved" and asked them to take another look. heh. Still waiting for that one. WE SHALL SEE, but yeah... it's in steam's hands. However, since SV handed to steam, I think that steam should be liberal with their policy. I also suggested they put a warning on the main page to let people know that you pretty much CAN'T PLAY THE GAME since they are intent on keeping it on the market. I assume if enough of us do this, we will eventually win out!

Brewergamer

Jan 31, 2022

Someone has no clue how actual contracting works.

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
Either wait it out and hope the MO support staff will handle your request once things are a bit more calm, force the transaction back through the bank or wait a few days/weeks and try the game again.

I think most users of steam know about the 2 hour rule and hence, should be aware of the issues it can bring with new releases like this. I agree a refund should be available but not much can be done at this point.

Tloluvin

Dec 6, 2021
I've been stuck in Queue since Thursday January 28th. Steam will not accept my requests for a refund.
Write to the man. Use the inquiry option to purchase. Describe the problem and ask how to get your money back. There is no guarantee, but there is a chance.

Morpen

Sep 18, 2022
Other games seem to be losing players as they dig up such an old and
out-of-date topic <rotfl>

EDIT: An example

CCC.png

DDD.png

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Contact steam directly its not hard to get a refund for this game due to false advertising as well as horrible optimization where the minimum system requirements do not give you a playable experience.

The automated refund system will decline it if you play for more than 2 hours and seeing as you aren't exposed to any real combat until after 2 hours you are unable to experience the issues within the time limit in the automatic refund policy.

7 month old post... Are you a necromancer?