Housing Question

Kulrig

Mar 25, 2022
Heya,

So I looked into the housing system a bit and found out that you need a bunch of wood, metal, and stone to make a building, as well as some money for upkeep. You also need a deed to place a house, and apparently Engineering skill makes the building process a bit faster. But that info was in regards to guild houses and keeps and whatnot, and the example shown looked more like a defensible outpost than a house.

For personal housing, is it the same process and the same size? Can I build a cozy cabin in the woods near a lake using nearby materials by myself, or do I have to plop a defensible outpost in the woods near a lake with a small caravan of horses carrying thousands of kilograms of processed materials with the help of a guild?

Cheers!

a.out

May 28, 2020
It's your personal house. No guild needed. You just have to sneak a deed and some mats to get you started to the plot you want to settle on. I recommend bringing 1 stack wood, 1 stack stone and 5k metal (i.e. bleck). The rest you can farm on site.

Reactions: Kulrig and Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
There are three different types of houses. Small, large and the stronghold thing.

Each also has three different expansions that can be added if you place it in an area with enough space.

They all require different amounts of space.

So a player could choose to build the smallest house with no expansions in an area that will not fit anything larger.

When trying to place the deed it will show the outline of the house in green or red. Green means it could be placed and red not.

You can also tell if the expansions are going to be placeable in that space as well because they will be in the green part.

Reactions: Kulrig

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
Bring some guildmates to help gather/build it. Players can easily destroy your partially built house while you sleep.