House upkeep

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Change house/stronghold upkeep to be resource based. Use gold for taxes with the release of TC. Make better quality Wood, Stone, Metals contribute more to the upkeep per unit. Allow players to set a % of these resources to be used to passively repair damaged buildings, after a period of time since last receiving damage.

Why?
  • Creates greater utility for the raw farmable resources in the game.
  • Allows your house that might get partially damaged at any given point to slowly self repair with the appropriate resources, especially if you're not always available in game to repair it yourself.
  • Persistent, player-built world assets where physical space is taken up needs to carry greater maintenance requirements and in-game activity for those who hold them. Using farmable resources toward this end is a more effective way of achieving this than gold.
  • Houses closer to towns will benefit from easier access to brokers for these resources.
  • Houses further away from towns and therefore likely closer to rarer spawns, dungeons and resources carry with it the requirement to either farm upkeep resources nearby or transport resources from towns over larger distances.
  • If strongholds are appropriately more expensive to maintain, it better encourages their usage toward guilds and groups. Group farmers/crafters have greater impact toward maintaining these assets.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Maybe add random lightning strikes that have to be repaired, to make sure that people are around and not like 60 days paid out. Then maybe w/ a lightning strike (or w/e...) your stuff becomes more susceptible to mauling/sledger, too, til you fix.

But the idea of having to upkeep mats, too, came to me as well, but I don't think your idea is right per se... but I do think mats should be involved once in awhile just to switch the rhythm. MO is too 'loopy.'