HotFix Patch 0.1.13.11 Discussion

forcem

Apr 30, 2021
I'd put a limit how many clade points you can get by killing zombies/Task and other stuff. We need more options for farming them but also shouldn't be that farming thousands of zombies is the main way. Clade points by reaching 100 in lores.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
nothing is "essential" unless you want to be competetive. Min-maxin itself does not guarantee anything, but in a competetive environment, such as small scale pvp, they do make a difference. Gifts like 2x "+1.25% movement speed and +5stam" and "+25 levels to all archery skills" are the source of false accusations, as new players find themself in a situation where the enemy player has more speed, bigger stamina pool and effectively almost 100 "free" skill points. People are really underestimating the impact of these free skill point clades, in the best case scenario they can make or break a build.

Sure you dont need all 20 gifts for min-maxing, that +4 psy or +10% skinning yield is not gonna make a difference in anything, but a good 13-15 gifts are pretty much required for an even playing field

2.5% movement speed is barely noticeable in game. It’s not going to determine the outcome of a fight, even among the most advanced players.

Free skill points are great, but again, you’re overstating their value. A player with 75 aggressive stance vs one with 100 w/ thursar clade gift, for example, is still pretty much on an equal playing field. 0 vs 100 is noticeable, but even that is not going to outweigh player ability.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
2.5% movement speed is barely noticeable in game. It’s not going to determine the outcome of a fight, even among the most advanced players.

Free skill points are great, but again, you’re overstating their value. A player with 75 aggressive stance vs one with 100 w/ thursar clade gift, for example, is still pretty much on an equal playing field. 0 vs 100 is noticeable, but even that is not going to outweigh player ability.
2.5% speed can determine if You escape or catch someone, sometimes the smallest difference matters. What makes you confirm this is not true? I mean besides the lack of experience.
active thursar skills makes more possible to kill geared people while naked and survive and this is not speculation, we talking about solid buffs, alvarin passive and active speed boosts, huegars being able to heal with crack pipes and so on...

I don't get whats so hard to understand here, it's quite straightforward.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I'd put a limit how many clade points you can get by killing zombies/Task and other stuff. We need more options for farming them but also shouldn't be that farming thousands of zombies is the main way. Clade points by reaching 100 in lores.
Theres no reason to limit the amount of CP u get from whatever creature aslong as every single pve kill in the world gives CP.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
2.5% speed can determine if You escape or catch someone, sometimes the smallest difference matters. What makes you confirm this is not true? I mean besides the lack of experience.
active thursar skills makes more possible to kill geared people while naked and survive and this is not speculation, we talking about solid buffs, alvarin passive and active speed boosts, huegars being able to heal with crack pipes and so on...

I don't get whats so hard to understand here, it's quite straightforward.

2.5 speed alone will determine neither of those things. Stamina, combined with speed, might matter assuming the retreated starts retreating before the chaser gets in melee range. The 2.5 speed is nothing but a tiny advantage, as all non-active clade gifts are. A tiny advantage from clade gifts is nothing compared to gear or skill.

Actives can change a fight’s outcome, but at max it takes 3 clade gifts to get your bis active. Crack pipe can be taken as a t1 clade gift w/o a single point of xp.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
2.5 speed alone will determine neither of those things. Stamina, combined with speed, might matter assuming the retreated starts retreating before the chaser gets in melee range. The 2.5 speed is nothing but a tiny advantage, as all non-active clade gifts are. A tiny advantage from clade gifts is nothing compared to gear or skill.

Actives can change a fight’s outcome, but at max it takes 3 clade gifts to get your bis active. Crack pipe can be taken as a t1 clade gift w/o a single point of xp.
3 points to get 1 active, and some races have more than 1 active skill. You obviously haven't really fought against people otherwise you would know how speed works. If you can manage stamina well and have higher speed than the other player u can catch or run away, thats the truth here. Talking about wilderness pvp not dueling with your guildmates btw.

But im not sure what else to tell you, if the absolutly evident advantages of clades are meaningless or neglectable to you theres nothing else for me to say but to wish u good luck in PVP cuz u gonna get rolled over.

nazgo

May 29, 2020

it all stacks up

you dont have just 2.5% extra movement speed, you dont have just +10 stamina, you dont have just 100 (or possibly even more) skill points, you dont have just fancy active abilities like sprint, you dont have just fancy passive abilities like less fall dmg. You have them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
3 points to get 1 active, and some races have more than 1 active skill. You obviously haven't really fought against people otherwise you would know how speed works. If you can manage stamina well and have higher speed than the other player u can catch or run away, thats the truth here. Talking about wilderness pvp not dueling with your guildmates btw.

But im not sure what else to tell you, if the absolutly evident advantages of clades are meaningless or neglectable to you theres nothing else for me to say but to wish u good luck in PVP cuz u gonna get rolled over.

Have you actually tried to PvP w/o clade gifts? It’s really not challenging. I recently deleted my max character to mess around with the xp gain. I leveled up some skills a bit, but only had a few clade gifts when I tried to do some pvp and there was no noticeable difference. One gift was the crack pipe active too, so to the extent that this was conditioning my success/adequacy, it was easily obtained without grinding.

Biggest issue was low damage from trash gear and skill points. The lack of clade gifts was clearly not the problem.

Also, speed is important, but 2.5% is not lmao. It would take a long time running 2.5% faster than someone else to get enough distance to not be hit by their weapon from behind. If speed was the most important stat for pvp, you would see nothing but alvarin running around.

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Have you actually tried to PvP w/o clade gifts? It’s really not challenging. I recently deleted my max character to mess around with the xp gain. I leveled up some skills a bit, but only had a few clade gifts when I tried to do some pvp and there was no noticeable difference. One gift was the crack pipe active too, so to the extent that this was conditioning my success/adequacy, it was easily obtained without grinding.

Biggest issue was low damage from trash gear and skill points. The lack of clade gifts was clearly not the problem.

Also, speed is important, but 2.5% is not lmao. It would take a long time running 2.5% faster than someone else to get enough distance to not be hit by their weapon from behind. If speed was the most important stat for pvp, you would see nothing but alvarin running around.

xena-warrior-princess.gif

Jan 23, 2021
There are so many factors that go into a fight that small advantages from the clade gifts make little difference. Hell, distance from the server has more of an impact than the slight buffs from clades. So does a single miscalculation with stam management.

The bottom line is that there is no such thing as a 'fair fight', and arguing about it in the forums is a waste of time and energy.

Reactions: pooternackle

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There are so many factors that go into a fight that small advantages from the clade gifts make little difference. Hell, distance from the server has more of an impact than the slight buffs from clades. So does a single miscalculation with stam management.

The bottom line is that there is no such thing as a 'fair fight', and arguing about it in the forums is a waste of time and energy.
depends on the clade gifts. Most of them are just extra edge but some of them like rock solid, pipe, veela speed clades, veela jump clades make the class.

Also if a thursar has the regenclade then they will be at a sever disadvantage in group fight while doing better in solo.