Horses and murdercounts/Pushing

HandsomDan

Feb 16, 2022
Can we get MCs REP LOSS tied to horses and MCS tied to pushing resulting in death? Situation is getting worst daily.

Nakeds with bows are just gunning down horses all day, not a big issue but a form of game play that shouldn't be ENCOURAGED by the current systems lack of punishment for killing horses indiscriminately. The same players are using shields to push players off of cliffs after they become overloaded at the bank or crafting tables.

This isn't a playstyle nerf its a quality of life issue that harms the game. Yes the world is a dangerous place and should remain so but the system should favor the player, and not the anti-player.

Killing the horse of a blue player unprovoked should result in a murdercount REP LOSS. You should be criminally flagged for repeatedly pushing someone, and recieve a MC for pushing someone to their death.

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I think honestly that killing a blue horse within town should come with a "strong" rep loss(1-2). That should keep that down in the town areas at least. Murdercount wont really make a difference.

Mo1 had it so pushing too much within a certain timeframe made you criminal, we need that back.
Not just because people are being pushed to their death, but because pushing can generally be used for griefing and being an annoyance without repercussion. And being able to kill someone without getting a crime stat, rep loss or murdercount needs to go, too.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

HandsomDan

Feb 16, 2022
I think honestly that killing a blue horse within town should come with a "strong" rep loss(1-2). That should keep that down in the town areas at least. Murdercount wont really make a difference.

Mo1 had it so pushing too much within a certain timeframe made you criminal, we need that back.
Not just because people are being pushed to their death, but because pushing can generally be used for griefing and being an annoyance without repercussion. And being able to kill someone without getting a crime stat, rep loss or murdercount needs to go, too.

Agree rep loss would be good too.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
we need pushing with the way the banks are atm... we even need horse pushing or horses just going grey if they step inside the bank

Reactions: HandsomDan

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People crying about their horse being killed mean while we need miscreants in cities again so people will stop AFKing with horses out.

People who died to miscrents in the pass deserved it.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
People go gray when attacking a horse. And they loose rep once guards attack them. So I don't see the issue.

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
There is one reason why bad people kill another players horses. Its provocative. I know one such guy who regular kill another players horses on one spot near Toxai. He is mounted archer. Such players need to do you grey. Situation. He kill your horse and you want to revenge him and you try to kill his horse, cause you cant run him (cause he is on horse). Here is a trap. If you hit his horse you become a gray and then He can kill you without penalty.

Dont get in this trap!

HandsomDan

Feb 16, 2022
People go gray when attacking a horse. And they loose rep once guards attack them. So I don't see the issue.
Its just to deter those who want only to kill your mount for fun. I've heard it so many times and experienced it myself. They won't stick around to fight you, just pew pew your mount and ride off into the sunset. Typically happens while you are dismounted and they suddenly feel emboldened.

Murdercounts was the wrong answer, and rep loss would be a better solution.. I edited OP to reflect that.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
As I see it if someone kills your pet you should be able to walk back to town an report them at a priest. It not really rewarding or fun gameplay for a naked guy with just a bow to be able to delete a pet you spend hours lvling and for them to go unpunished for it as well.

This is especially bad when your doing a dungeon run with your guild an one naked with just a sword shows up an mass murders most of your horse. Well now your whole dungeon run is ruined an the naked who killed all your horses goes unpunished an loses nothing. This happened to my guild twice during Beta.

Last edited:

Rhime

Feb 1, 2022
Seems odd that a player with no gear(or clothing) and a sword can take out a fully geared player or mount. How or why is this possible?

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Seems odd that a player with no gear(or clothing) and a sword can take out a fully geared player or mount. How or why is this possible?
Because pets don't fight back or run automatically when attacked, an horse armor is a meme at providing def. An by the time you realize your pet taking dmg 9/10 times it will already be dead.

Also we're not talking about a player killing a player, were talking about how easy it is to kill pets an how the game rep system doesn't punish players who just run around mass murdering player's pets all day an nothing else.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You basically are just making mounted give double penalty for when they lose a fight. You commonly have to attack first before you get ganked. This means you go grey in order to protect yourself against aggressors that are about to gank you.

Now you have to kill the mount of the mounted to win. So you end up killing that player and their horse which means instead of sucking it up and taking the penalty for killing a person that was about to attack you, you get double the penalty based on that attackers build.

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
Something similar happened to me today ... you are not on horseback and you need to collect herbs, but in the meantime someone will kill you on horseback will leave and in 10 minutes there is no punishment .... I do not say it should feel like death, but definitely some reputation or something else should be .... either I'm blue, red or need chaos ... but this is illogical

Reactions: Vulpin

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Can we get MCs REP LOSS tied to horses and MCS tied to pushing resulting in death? Situation is getting worst daily.

Nakeds with bows are just gunning down horses all day, not a big issue but a form of game play that shouldn't be ENCOURAGED by the current systems lack of punishment for killing horses indiscriminately. The same players are using shields to push players off of cliffs after they become overloaded at the bank or crafting tables.

This isn't a playstyle nerf its a quality of life issue that harms the game. Yes the world is a dangerous place and should remain so but the system should favor the player, and not the anti-player.

Killing the horse of a blue player unprovoked should result in a murdercount REP LOSS. You should be criminally flagged for repeatedly pushing someone, and recieve a MC for pushing someone to their death.

I do agree that you shouldn't be able to be pushed when you are overloaded. It's def hard grief to push someone when they are transferring at bank. People have tried to do that shit to me, but unsuccessfully. The rest, tho, meh.

Like I said in beta I sat down by bank and someone pushed me all the way out of town while I was afk and killed me. I geared up and sat back down. Waited for awhile, didn't see anything happen... walked around and saw dude, and was like sup lol. You guys need to just realize these dudes are trollin an shrug it off. But yea if you are holding stax of valuable mats or stax of anything, you should not move, pushed or not, that's an exploit in many ways, both to help you move across town (people helping you) or to get you out of town (to kill.) That should be on the nono list, but they could simply make it so that if you are rooted, it's like pushing a wall.

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
The late render doesn't help cause a lot of time you don't see if they have armor or a weapon out until they are on you. Had a guy coming the other way last night zip by me and hit my horse twice to put it in mercy so it suddenly stopped. Before I can react he hit it one last time to kill it and I was trying to switch to a bow to fire back. He keep going killing the tamed horse I had following me as it came that direction. Than he went on to kill the last horse in that area that hadn't been tamed yet. I got maybe one arrow off that was in range before he was out of range. He slaughted three horses and keep going.....he was also in full metal gear so even if I had hit my arrow would of down little. All while I was in Haven leathers and just made some cheap leather armor for the horse. So had little protection.

I don't mind PvP, but every time I have had a horse killed there was zero PvP. It some dude in full gear that just kills the horse and keep going. In beta I did have one that turend back and my Dagger mage was able to kill his horse and than him....most these guys suck at any real combat so they just get there kicks off killing others pets/horses.

The only good about the tripple murder was I butcher all three horses to get the rep from them for my creature control. Than waitied for almost an hour before a new horse spawned.

Reactions: Vulpin

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If you hit someones horse they can suicide and despite being grey or whatever they can report u along time this happened. Looking to protect noobs from griefers just giving noobs the ability to grief back, great logic :p