Horse Swim

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
And yes, i can ride on a hoprse IRl and do swimming with them. Also, not only horse canlisten the comand. My little cats (5) swimming with me in a river without a problem.
But i think you wanns say only one, horse got rabies.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Is this a problem with pathing?
U have a full swimm skill for kiting in water and save ur ass. u go in water after attcking from any amount of people, cuz you cant win 1 vs party and u have what u can lose in a horse bags\have a good horse\dont want to die.
U are cross the river in 5 second, but horse stay on the beach, take all dmg like a Mia Halifa in a god video and die. U lose it. Then u die, cuz enemises cross river and kill u.
And also, dont try to dismount in water. U are maybe survive, but horse go drowning and die.

SV think - we are make new mechanics.
How that feelings - beter use old and dont tuch it, u guys broke more then make in every patch.
And this talk about basic, i didnt say nothing about main mechanics.

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
It's not like they don't want horses to swim. Henrik wants guards and pets to follow players into the water they just can't code it. But be careful what you wish for. Aquatic terror birds and necro pets :oops:

Beatel

Apr 18, 2022
Pet pathing has been addressed multiple times: pathing in houses/structures requires collision mesh fixes that are being completed alongside territory control. As far as AI pathing through water, I'm not sure a timeline has been given for this, but it also requires similar work.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I had to stay, dismount, swim, and ride the 2nd one over, too. Horse swimming is not bad, imo, but yea jungles swam before iirc? It's way better than human swimming at 0. Haha can't even get out of the water. I almost drowned swimming across the river to get my other horse.

SV logic = you swim better on a horse than off one.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
They'd have to make an entire pathing system to interact with water. Which would all 100% be wasted effort once UE5 integration is in, as the water in UE5 is completely different. It can inherently do things like waves and currents and have them interact, push, pull and move actors.

They are most likely holding off on it for the UE5 update.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
It's not like they don't want horses to swim. Henrik wants guards and pets to follow players into the water they just can't code it. But be careful what you wish for. Aquatic terror birds and necro pets :oops:
Thats what i talked about. LOGIC!
Horse can swim, chikens like T. birds cant. And all about other. Just make it works, works like before. No need to make a bicicle if you already got it.