Horse spawn rates

Rulant

May 30, 2020
So I've been to all desert horse spawns a total of 10 times now without ever finding a desert horse.

You have tons and tons of people trying to tame like 15 total horses and on top of that one person is able to tame 4 or 5 at once and then you have people who will just murder spawns just to mess with people. Imagine you are a new player to the game you spawn into the game you realize the map is gigantic and EVERYONE needs horses to play the game so you go around to all these little spawns and oh look no horses weeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I get that you want to have breeding and all that and when breeding is implemented then sure do whatever then, but if you're going to start releases without the ability for thousands of potential people to be able to get a horse to just be able to play the game then you're shooting yourself in the foot big time. Straight sawing both feet off.

You NEED horses to play MO2 and there are too few spawns with WAY too long spawn times to support a decent population. Decide if you want a large pop game or a small pop game and stick with one because this half and half type stuff is annoying.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its because people tame them and then kill the rest so they can sell them for high prices. Just gets a steppe horse still loads of those.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Another reason to bring back Donkies !!
We have jotuns now. Absolutely garbage horse but you can use it a mule. We got jotuns out the wazoo here so If SV wants to help the horse market out make jotuns viable.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
We have jotuns now. Absolutely garbage horse but you can use it a mule. We got jotuns out the wazoo here so If SV wants to help the horse market out make jotuns viable.
Cool... I am looking forward to the balancing where its not just speed/stam, but also weight carrying. So a desert might not be able to carry 6 full stacks in bags, but the Jotuns and Mongrels can. This will then start to make some of the other breeds more viable.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'd love to see armor weight effect horse speed differently on different horses. Like a jotun in steel heavy running faster than a desert in steel heavy but a desert in light armor still faster than a jotun in light armor. I'm also hoping that when trample damage gets added it heavily favors larger horses. I think that change alone would make it so that different horses are preferred for different builds.

As to the actual topic at hand. I would love to see spawn rates adjust up and down with server pop. The spawns are fine when the game is dead but right now certain spawns are just constantly tapped. Even some of the more remote and lesser known ones are bad at this point.

Last edited:

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
Now see thats the problem I see. You need horses to play mo2. Henrik just refuses to do anything about that situation. Anywho

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Or wait until release and hope we get even more horse spawns. The bull horses, lykiators and molvas from MO1 are missing anyway. And riding of more animals is planned, e.g. bears or campodons. I believe the current state is a beta state and more will come.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rulant

May 30, 2020
Or wait until release and hope we get even more horse spawns. The bull horses, lykiators and molvas from MO1 are missing anyway. And riding of more animals is planned, e.g. bears or campodons. I believe the current state is a beta state and more will come.
As with breeding though the problem is now, not later when all the stuff is introduced. If there's a problem now you can't simply say "oh well in a year it'll be better" and expect players to keep going through the bad hoping that one day it's better. A new player isn't going to care if they plan to implement breeding in a year they'll not be able to get a horse, have a bad impression of the game, then quit and tell their friends not to play.

Increase spawn rates now and adjust down the road when other things are added.

Reactions: SilentPony
D

Deleted member 44

Hmm, sounds like the scarcity system is working correctly. If it were up to me the respawn rate would be even lower.

Reactions: Tzone

Rulant

May 30, 2020
Hmm, sounds like the scarcity system is working correctly. If it were up to me the respawn rate would be even lower.
yeah being stuck to one spot on the map because spawns are dumb is a good way to play the game

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
yeah being stuck to one spot on the map because spawns are dumb is a good way to play the game
There's steppe horses everywhere, most spawns are full. Obviously the better and thus more sought after desert horses are harder to aquire or more expensive. You asking for Cronite being just as easily available as Flakestone next?