Horse Armor

D

Deleted member 44

This is something that has been said one thousands times before, but you guys have to do something about horse armor and how terrible it is. I just got in a fight with my steel/ironsilk horse armor and I'm taking 55~60 damage against long bows.

This is insane.

The horses have 280~320 HP at level 125 and they are getting absolutely melted by arrows, weapons, and magic. Either double the horse HP or increase the armor values to at least match the lowest level of plate armor that a player can wear.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
This is something that has been said one thousands times before, but you guys have to do something about horse armor and how terrible it is. I just got in a fight with my steel/ironsilk horse armor and I'm taking 55~60 damage against long bows.

This is insane.

The horses have 280~320 HP at level 125 and they are getting absolutely melted by arrows, weapons, and magic. Either double the horse HP or increase the armor values to at least match the lowest level of plate armor that a player can wear.

Yeah, its stupid... no point almost in even using a nice horse or horse armor.

My 123str longbow decimates horses. 4 arrows = dead in your average heavy armor.

6-7 arrows in steel

Also, horse should flee when attwcked on foot rather than just stand there and die.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
4 arrows is better than 2.
wait till breeding is in, and standart horse is 500hp+ ...
you will understand the nightmare of mo1 with horses.

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
XD 1300 steel for a horse armor, to get 4-5 shot with arrows that cost pennies. If the arrows were crafted and specialized, sure... it would be added market value as well and can be reasonable when using expensive ammo. But 3 silver can kill a horse through steel armor at max level and quality........................

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021

i dont even remember where and when i heard that , but breeding compared with mo1 should be fkin heavyly nerfed xd so not much to expect here

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
Not sure why it should be changed. Maybe horse armor could be buffed a little but HP nerfed a little, but otherwise why? Make tribrids stronger?

D

Deleted member 44

There is no breeding system coming in MO2 and as far as I'm concerned Bull Horses don't exist. This is by no means a slight towards you, but I am talking about game mechanics as they are now. I don't give a flying waffle about what SV is going to implement in 2075.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

This is insane.

265 - Jungle
275- Mongrel
285- Desert
295- Steppe
335- Jotun

Then there is the fact that if you put 20kg of armor on a horse it will slow it down by 20% then there is the fact that players dont slow down at all while wearing the equivalent percentage of armor. Then there is the damage reduction difference steel ironsilk plate has better protection than heavy horse armor of the same materials.

Then there is the fact that a character with 110+ strength and ZERO archery skills can hit for 70+ with a longbow but a character with 100 archery hits for the same?

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
There is no breeding system coming in MO2 and as far as I'm concerned Bull Horses don't exist. This is by no means a slight towards you, but I am talking about game mechanics as they are now. I don't give a flying waffle about what SV is going to implement in 2075.
Then you will continue to complain about stuff in vain.
SV won't tmp buff something now for your pretty eyes if other plans for horses are in stock ... that's how it is ... complaining about it won't change anything ... and they already buffed jotun by giving it more piercing resistance ... but you don't want the trade off.
What kind of buff would make lv1 naked horses to not fall in 2 longbow shots?
a lvl 125 horse is around 290hp ... that's like 7 arrows+ with good armor ... that's already quit good.
problem is horses should kick and flee when attacked on stop mode, (and maybe comeback slowly to its home equerry if it has a lot of loyalty / daydreaming .... or a ultrasound whistle would be nice for not too much out of range loyal pets).
and yes 0 skill in archery should give you a wooble effect.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Perhaps there would be value increasing the defense stats for those who specialize in pet crafting equipment. This way, there is both benefit to having horse armor crafters and also a way to reduce the 4 hit pink misting for when youve added a ton of steel to a set? Theres practically no reason right now to make horse armor as a specialty right now

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Agreed, just give horse armour substantially more piercing defence. It will make horse armour worth it again, so people will spend more time getting materials for it.

Weis

Jun 1, 2022
Agreed, just give horse armour substantially more piercing defence. It will make horse armour worth it again, so people will spend more time getting materials for it.
I cross posted this in suggestions because there really isnt an incentive to be a pet equipment crafter either. Maybe making this a feature for having higher crafting profession

D

Deleted member 44

Then you will continue to complain about stuff in vain.
SV won't tmp buff something now for your pretty eyes if other plans for horses are in stock ... that's how it is ... complaining about it won't change anything ... and they already buffed jotun by giving it more piercing resistance ... but you don't want the trade off.
What kind of buff would make lv1 naked horses to not fall in 2 longbow shots?
a lvl 125 horse is around 290hp ... that's like 7 arrows+ with good armor ... that's already quit good.
problem is horses should kick and flee when attacked on stop mode, (and maybe comeback slowly to its home equerry if it has a lot of loyalty / daydreaming .... or a ultrasound whistle would be nice for not too much out of range loyal pets).
and yes 0 skill in archery should give you a wooble effect.
This has been an issue since they added horses. So a year? Since horse armor? 6 months? How much time to you expect me to just deal with it. 6 shots from a single player to kill a horse is not enough. Steel horse armor takes 35 damage from a short bow where as player steel armor takes 8. Do you not see what the issue is? Cronite merch plate literally takes 0 damage from short bows where the horse still takes damage. 123 long bows are hitting for 50~60 on steel horse where the player is hit for 20. Do I even need to mention that hitting a player is 1000x harder to hit when compared to a horse?