Higher fishing skill does not feel meaningful.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
I am not noticing a substantial difference between a lvl 1 skilled fishing and 100. Anybody with a pole can seemingly fish up any fish. There is no difference in speed as far as I can tell, and quantity seems completely random. I believe you can cast farther but who cares about that? The shorter your throws the faster the fish seems to be reeled in, so having the distance increase seems counter intuitive.

What I would like to see is skill level tied to the rarity/size of fish you can attain. It doesn't matter if you do the mini game perfectly if you get too big or rare of a fish it should break away or take much longer according to your fishing skill and zoology lores.

There could also be increased fishing speed according to your str/con and skill level. Maybe that could be a secondary skill that you go find.

Don't get me wrong fishing is ok right now, but it needs work. Let players make a character around being a master fisherman and have it mean something. Right now the only build you can really do is be a butcher master with fishing as a side thing.

Reactions: Goremor