Haven / Tutorial Feedback / First impressions

Xrayce

Sep 26, 2023
Hi!

Since I just started I can give some feedback on my journey so far (about to leave haven soon):

Character Creator:
-It should be made clear, that you can't change your Clade and race ingame
-It should be explained what the numbers in the brackets mean (I learned by watching youtube, that the number in the bracket is the most important and what does it actually mean)
-The Clade-Traits should be displayed just like in game with the circle (optional, but more authentic)
-All the settings that change your attributes/stats should be on the same page (I am talking about the weight here) - I understand that it is also cosmetic, hence it is in the appearance tab, but at the same time it influences your stats.
People, while customizing their appearance, may not realize this and then start to wonder why their attributes are suddenly mixed up
-display the difference each race gives, basically like on mortaldata.com e.g.:

9vZq3Vj.png

makes it easier to determine which combination is for you without using an external source

- state somewhere that everything on the attributes tab (including weight) can be changed later ingame, same for clades via an item

The tutorial:

-The tutorial in itself is fine, but: getting a message everytime or even worse the whole tutorial kinda scrolls through after I login is a very very weird experience
-give me some sort of a skip button with the option to start the tutorial anytime again please (I found the chat command for it, but that’s hardly customeroriented)
-have an ingame wiki/respectively an external one, in a game like this relying on random youtube-videos, of which most are outdated at some point is extremely harsh. I am not talking about secret recipes, but the most basic things, like how to mine, what the grinder is, armor types, weapon types and so on,

Overall
-If I right click a book to learn it should give me a notification window with what skill I am training currently and if I want to really replace it, instead of me having to open the char sheet right click the current book and then right click the new book again

-I have so many situations where I hold R to loot and mid-looting the window gets cancelled because seemingly my cursor leaves the bag-“area” so I need to hold R again to hopefully loot this time.
So something like: once the opening-bag-animation is done, basically lock the loot-window till the character stops the “loot animation” so I can’t accidently leave the “lootframe/target”-window (whatever it is exactly called)

if I can think of more stuff I will add it later.

Please be advised that my intention behind this post is 100% to provide constructive feedback, nothing more. The idea is to make it more accessible for players, who are maybe less affine with a game/interface like it’s currently.

Regards

Xrayce

Last edited:

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
I hate to break it to you but the UI issues and Haven stuff is the tip of the iceberg, you are in for a wild ride and a world of hurt my friend .d

Reactions: Xrayce