• Maybe

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
At this point, the way things are in Myrland and the baby Myrlands, it’s still difficult to get clades and resources. Still overpopulated. Still 2 hour queues to get to the main. It seems Haven is the only stable server to play on. And it got nerfed to nothing. You guys gave us a bag vendor than you took it away and you took the equipment vendor. This means we have granum but no pick axes. Dapplewood but no wood axes. At this stage there is no point to even stay in Haven.

Haven was supposed to be a tutorial for new players now they can’t even find a bloody equipment vendor. And once they figure out that they can’t leave with anything they worked for do you think they are going to want to stick around?

I suggest that we go back to the foundation of Haven. In MO1 it was an amazing adventure with story and things to do. If you were clever you could discover the secrets of Haven and summon a demon boss to kill, that rewarded players with a rare cape. Now all we have is a bloody bandit dungeon with two chests: 50 flakestone and 10 bandages. Really? We have to do better.

I vote to remove the gold cap and allow players to bring all items with them. Why make the game harder than it already is. You want pvers to play but you punish PvErs in a tutorial.

I also vote to give us a Haven boss with a chance to get a rare cape.

I also vote to bring back the bloody equipment vendors.

@Henrik Nyström

zerolife

Nov 30, 2020
100% agree leave the new players to do what they need to do to get into the game properly.
Not like they going to be leaving haven with stacks of gold and if they do its lots of time wasted

Reactions: Serverus

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
No

q is fine now

I play everyday. 15 min q was the maximum.
Playing on alt to leveling and farm and feel pretty safe.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Nothing other than your equipment should transfer over. Haven should help you learn the main loop of rags to bit-more-than-rags.

MO1 haven quest was very neat and encouraged grouping which is a good skill to learn and was more interesting than what is there now.

I also still hate that its just a Fab clone as I detest Fab

Reactions: Vulpin and 666

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Idk what game you're playing but in all the alts (I've been in 1-3) seems like there's an abundance of resources. If your alt server sucks go to another, or go to another town.

Reactions: Vulpin and 666

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Nothing should transfer from haven and worn short swords should be removed. Keep your skills and clades only.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Only additions to Haven are better tutorials that it, beside that I'd rather see development time spend on content that actually matters in the long run, not done in a zone you'll never care about an will forget exist sooner or later once you leave it.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I also vote to give us a Haven boss with a chance to get a rare cape.

@Henrik Nyström

This is the one part I agree with. I remember in GW1, they had an early event that changed the game world, and a few people decided to just hang around in the pre-land, even got to max level there (lol immense grind,) I think there should be some cool stuff like that, but I am in general anti-haven. Taking out equip vendor just shows they couldn't address a problem, and honestly I could get tons of stuff in haven that would be useful. I wasn't running the springbok gold farm, but back in beta I'd make sure to bring cotton stacks. Super easy to get and helpful for spamming both wep and armor. It's always gonna be something that vets exploit more than new players gain. Could bring mad ama and blood ore, too.

I do think they need to FIX THE CLADE EXP ON ZOMBIES. Talk about ruining the new player experience. 2 clade zombies ZZZZ. I am surprised SV took a hard stance on nerfing zombies. I can see why they don't want people to clade 10+ off zombies, but let them get a few levels before it drops off. I thought 2 clade zombies was only a haven thing, and seeing it on mainland too was like :eek: You need to get some clade levels. You should def be able to do that in haven, and skill up, without having to kill 500 zombies. Yea you can move on to bandits, but the GY is where most of the action is and the spawns there are way better. When you add in how contested it can get, it's a FREAKING JOKE.

Zedism

Feb 14, 2022
I do think they need to FIX THE CLADE EXP ON ZOMBIES. Talk about ruining the new player experience. 2 clade zombies ZZZZ. I am surprised SV took a hard stance on nerfing zombies. I can see why they don't want people to clade 10+ off zombies, but let them get a few levels before it drops off. I thought 2 clade zombies was only a haven thing, and seeing it on mainland too was like :eek: You need to get some clade levels. You should def be able to do that in haven, and skill up, without having to kill 500 zombies. Yea you can move on to bandits, but the GY is where most of the action is and the spawns there are way better. When you add in how contested it can get, it's a FREAKING JOKE.

Why though? You should have to actually RISK something to get higher levels of clade XP, this min-max meta of grinding to 15-20 clade in haven was an absolute joke and in direct contention to the games design philosophy, to expect that in a major city graveyard in the mainland is frankly just whiny risk-averse behavior. You're risking minimally, so you get the minimum, why would you think you should get anything more? Just like the resources they drop, you get the worst of it because you require no skin in the game to acquire it. Go out and actually kill something challenging and you'll get more clade XP, super simple.

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Why though? You should have to actually RISK something to get higher levels of clade XP, this min-max meta of grinding to 15-20 clade in haven was an absolute joke and in direct contention to the games design philosophy, to expect that in a major city graveyard in the mainland is frankly just whiny risk-averse behavior. You're risking minimally, so you get the minimum, why would you think you should get anything more? Just like the resources they drop, you get the worst of it because you require no skin in the game to acquire it. Go out and actually kill something challenging and you'll get more clade XP, super simple.

I guess you’re right. I’ll have a GM close this thread. Thanks for the responses.

Kalistair

May 28, 2020
In regards to the current Haven cape drops and Mainland transfer system, isn't it true that you can just farm the red capes and effectively bypass the gold cap when leaving Haven? People are selling the capes for over 100g. Doesn't seem right that people can just farm capes without any risk and load up their inventory with soul-bound capes to take over to the mainland and sell. Doesn't matter if it's rare or not, people will sit there if there's no risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.