Haven and Keeps

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
SV has allowed keeps to be claimed without any mechanics to tear them down.

this is the most egregious error sv have made imo, i dont know why they dont take the obvious and easy solutions; prevent keeps from being claimed for the first month & disallow all items and money travel from haven to myrland. better yet, as you mentioned before, ban keeps until mechanics exist for them to be torn down.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Keeps shouldnt be in until Tc and sieging is. If the people who have keeps down cheater to get them, just delete their keep and lock keep deeds. Bam. For the people who didnt cheat to get the keep deeds, just refund them after deleting theirs.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
It's not just the transfer of gold and items that is the issue. I can grind easy gold > buy books > learn skills in a protected PVE environment very different from Myrland, stay as long as I like, and bring quite a developed character into the game. That should not have been possible, Haven should have been a short tutorial to learn some basics.

As others have suggested, Haven should have had a severe skills cap, but it's probably too late now.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's not just the transfer of gold and items that is the issue. I can grind easy gold > buy books > learn skills in a protected PVE environment very different from Myrland, stay as long as I like, and bring quite a developed character into the game. That should not have been possible, Haven should have been a short tutorial to learn some basics.

As others have suggested, Haven should have had a severe skills cap, but it's probably too late now.

Yea, watch them cap haven as I am trying to spec there cuz I can't log into Myrland. haha. Oh well, hopefully they will fix with patch, but I'm not leaving haven until I know with high certainty it's not just a mirage. I can't believe I had to reroll into haven.

But in this case it worked out OK cuz it became a place where you could PLAY THE GAME. It's amazing you sit in infinite Q and then crash, but if you delete and reroll you slide right into haven. Priorities?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Honestly, it is the same lesson SV has been putting out for years. Exploiters always win.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Honestly, it is the same lesson SV has been putting out for years. Exploiters always win.

"win," I mean, it's true what I said about not wanting to stick around for much longer if the game stays so basic, but some people are playing a video game and some people are playing MO. haha. Those people who exploit aren't gonna win at MO, that has been historically proven, too, altho they do tend to come back with HIGH LEVELS OF REVENGE (if you can dig what I'm sayin'.)

The people who actually win in MO are the ones who feel at home there. Not the ones that need something to prove they belong. (IMO of course.)

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
"win," I mean, it's true what I said about not wanting to stick around for much longer if the game stays so basic, but some people are playing a video game and some people are playing MO. haha. Those people who exploit aren't gonna win at MO, that has been historically proven, too, altho they do tend to come back with HIGH LEVELS OF REVENGE (if you can dig what I'm sayin'.)

The people who actually win in MO are the ones who feel at home there. Not the ones that need something to prove they belong. (IMO of course.)
I think you are talking about cheaters. I am talking about the grey area of exploits. Exploiters are not banned and have no need for revenge, they just get rich.

Reactions: Jackdstripper

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021

Skilling in the game isn't really hard though. We're only on day three an I almost have all maxed weapon crafting skills now, an I'm working on maxing my skills to make steel now. About the only skill I know are going to be a struggle is taming, an armor training.

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
"SV was told well in advance by most guilds that the Haven gold issue was going to be exploited. They did nothing, until they changed their mind 24 hours in and decided to change it.

some guilds are swimming in gold and SV isnt deleting it. Thats how the first keep was built btw, farming Haven.

same old SV as usual. "