Has Anyone Figured out the Boss Leashing Range? Or How To Prevent it?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
There was a sneaky patch that wasn't listed a few days ago, must have been a hot fix of some kind. But it came with some bad effects, Trolls In particular now run once you get them to low hp. I can't seem to figure out how to kill them anymore. Letting the Troll hit you to keep it's aggro doesn't seem to work. Using your environment also doesn't seem to work as if it runs into Rocks/Trees or whatever and you get free hits on it, once you get it to 40% Hp it runs away. Sometimes I can get it to lower hp, but each time it runs away. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to it or a way to stop it that I can see. Would love to know if there is a way to stop the Troll from healing and running away thanks!

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
stop cheesing it into rocks/trees. do it as the developers intended: with a group and no exploits.

Poison Arrows doesnt adjust his playstyle to conform to the devs wishes. He sits in graveyards and greefs nubes out of the game to teach the devs a lesson. Like an entitled, spoiled 8 year old that breaks stuff when he doesnt get what he wants.

Now you know where to find him for the next few months at least.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
Isn't leashing a very artificial mechanic, though? I thought people wanted realism and creativity in this game, not predesigned ways to deal with things.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Isn't leashing a very artificial mechanic, though? I thought people wanted realism and creativity in this game, not predesigned ways to deal with things.
Exactly and it ruins player creativity and skill if i figure out a way to deal with something and then the Devs just patch it up. It feels like punishing the player at that point. I have my own guild but it isn't the same splitting things up between 10 other people.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Poison Arrows doesnt adjust his playstyle to conform to the devs wishes. He sits in graveyards and greefs nubes out of the game to teach the devs a lesson. Like an entitled, spoiled 8 year old that breaks stuff when he doesnt get what he wants.

Now you know where to find him for the next few months at least.

I have 2 characters you fool, a Foot Fighter and a Grounded Fat Mage, how many play styles do you want me to play? I'm not the only one who doesn't like the devs choices. We don't even have a working Rep system I'll never understand you Forum White Knights who praise the devs for everything even their worst development choices. Kran to CaveCamp and Kran to Gk doesn't work still, so there isn't any PvP left in this game. Even Old Guard and Koto other night were wanting us to fight them again, because this game needs Villains in it. But we can't because our characters can't enter town lmao to get to our banks that has all our gear! If that doesn't make you question the Rep System nothing ever will. And you will never understand why the real PvPers hate these changes.
lol it doesn't matter how many noobs you bring to try to kill me. Lmao literally only Levia guild are the only ones good enough at the game to even fight us. Everyone else is trash. I can solo like 5 noobs on my own. LOL yeah Like you guys are really going to come to Kran and fight us hahaha. We have had Kran locked down for like a week now. What chance does you and a few noobs have to stop us? You guys aren't PvPers you won't know how to fight.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
stop cheesing it into rocks/trees. do it as the developers intended: with a group and no exploits.
The Devs also said Player Skill mattered in this game. If I have a way to Melee it down and find a way to do it, I shouldn't need a "Group" just because the Devs want everything in game to auto regen hp in this game. Seems I am the only one here that actually knew a way to do it too. Everyone else thought MA was how to do it.

Reactions: Goremor and Tzone

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Exactly and it ruins player creativity and skill if i figure out a way to deal with something and then the Devs just patch it up. It feels like punishing the player at that point. I have my own guild but it isn't the same splitting things up between 10 other people.

I think if we can accept someone riding around a giant troll In circles and shooting it for an hour we can accept that trolls run away and Regen all their health. I mean trolls Regen in lore too. Maybe they could just give the troll lower health but high constant regeneration that way it absolutely requires a group of players to kill it. Also maybe fire damage reduces their Regen a bit

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I think if we can accept someone riding around a giant troll In circles and shooting it for an hour we can accept that trolls run away and Regen all their health. I mean trolls Regen in lore too. Maybe they could just give the troll lower health but high constant regeneration that way it absolutely requires a group of players to kill it. Also maybe fire damage reduces their Regen a bit
I don't even have a MA xD i use Melee Weapons to fight it. It's faster hitting it with Melee weapons. If it wants to heal like 50hp every 10 hits it's whatever. But running and auto regening and not reacting to being hit is just bad AI design. Why would a Boss that you worked to below half Hp suddenly get to regen up to 80% Hp just because of Leash mechanics. If they have Leash Mechanics in the game there should be a way to avoid the Leash. Like how with Bandits if you don't move past the tree line you can keep their aggro without them leashing. But these Trolls don't have any leashes to them they seem to just randomly run away. It should be If I Pull it further then 100 feet it leashes and runs away and heals. But to fight it for 10 minutes with no problems and then all the sudden it happens is just bull shit. Edit: I'll throw this in, because for whatever reason you guys don't like the idea of MAs soloing stuff. In MO1 MAs could actually solo everything in the game lol. Including Thorax if you had enough time on your hands and enough arrows. Leashing isn't going to stop better players from getting richer then everyone else, we will just find a different way of doing it. If anything this would hurt the rest of you who isn't in big PvP guilds because then only the Zergs could do the bosses. And the Zergs would continue to build and become stronger and control the game.

Piet

May 28, 2020
That was a listed update a while ago, wasn't added sneakily. It's so people can't cheese mobs and have to actually have a challenge to do the content.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Really wish they would get rid of leashing regeneration on everything but Trolls. Makes the game pretty fake and very annoying if you need to kite in circles to kill a bandit camp as a mage.

Who cares if you leash a risar to half health and then pull again to kill the risar. It takes way longer to kill them that way then fighting straight up. If you are doing a lot of work to kill a mob getting it down to a couple hits as a mage on foot kiting 3 bandits only to have them leash back to camp because your kiting circle is a little too big does that seem like good gameplay. Some of these bandit camps have a very small radius for leashing as well.

The regenerating on being leashed was just a very dumb idea. People who leased mobs to kill them were so inefficient that it didn't matter. They could make more money from pigs or grave yard. It hurt legitimate PvE too much if you accidentally leash them. It also breaks the little immersion you could have when they leash to full health.

Reactions: Goremor

Tzone

May 16, 2021
A different problem is that everyone is making shit up because they dont like the dude.

How many times has he said he doesnt even have a MA and that he is Meleeing it but people keep posting that hes a MA.

Games not really skill based. Its a issue that you cant 1v1 certain mobs but thats because the PvE is shallow. You either DPS the mob down with maybe blocking or you get a group. The annoying thing with this game is that finding people who want to do group PvP is impractical.

People get together once to do a boss then never do it again but to get any amount of good resources from them you need to farm it repeatedly. The game needs more 1v1 farming options for endgame. Because you are not going to get the required number of people for a boss to travel a hour or to a boss location and then stay there for half the day to farm.

Reactions: SilentPony

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
That was a listed update a while ago, wasn't added sneakily. It's so people can't cheese mobs and have to actually have a challenge to do the content.
Okay this wasn't in when I saw the update middle of the month. So it was for sure something that was added in after and I know because my way of doing things was working up to a few days ago.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
<tantrum> ... I was running around in circles and letting it throw it's attack animation and then running around in circles to avoid it while it tries to retarget me. I don't see how that is cheesing it if I'm right in it's buttcheeks ... <tantrum>

THAT would not be cheesing if it were true. Just so everybody knows the Troll is faster than any other foot build and once it catches up to you and does the HulkSmash it's insta death. What you are omitting to explain is that the Troll is already stuck when you do your little dance around it.

But I would be amazed to be proven wrong with a simple video of you soloing the Troll as you describe it. Full length, no cuts.

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
Really wish they would get rid of leashing regeneration on everything but Trolls. Makes the game pretty fake and very annoying if you need to kite in circles to kill a bandit camp as a mage.

Who cares if you leash a risar to half health and then pull again to kill the risar. It takes way longer to kill them that way then fighting straight up. If you are doing a lot of work to kill a mob getting it down to a couple hits as a mage on foot kiting 3 bandits only to have them leash back to camp because your kiting circle is a little too big does that seem like good gameplay. Some of these bandit camps have a very small radius for leashing as well.

The regenerating on being leashed was just a very dumb idea. People who leased mobs to kill them were so inefficient that it didn't matter. They could make more money from pigs or grave yard. It hurt legitimate PvE too much if you accidentally leash them. It also breaks the little immersion you could have when they leash to full health.
I agree to all of this.

And if the devs figure a way to make the troll impossible to cheese, like a small HulkJump when it feels it is stuck or just randomly, I would be happy to get rid of it's healing too.
Until they figure it out, the Troll could just be impervious to terrain like trees, rocks and height difference, be it on account of it's immense strength or just "magical qualities".

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
THAT would not be cheesing if it were true. Just so everybody knows the Troll is faster than any other foot build and once it catches up to you and does the HulkSmash it's insta death. What you are omitting to explain is that the Troll is already stuck when you do your little dance around it.

But I would be amazed to be proven wrong with a simple video of you soloing the Troll as you describe it. Full length, no cuts.
Yeah Sure you show me a trick i'll show you a trick. But this is Mortal, i'm not going to give out my guilds secrets just to appease a argument on forums. The whole point of me making this post was to see if anyone else has figured it out. But as usual anytime i comment on anything no one can answer my questions, they just pretend to be good at PvP or try to pretend that they know more about what my capabilities are then myself. Its like you cucks enjoy spending more time trying to analyze me then actually fight me in game. But I enjoy every second of it, I set out to become the most hated player in Mortal and my reputation precedes me each and every day. I think the pathetic part is half the time my replies to these things are deleted because you have like a Batman call button to call the mods to defend you or some shit. Like what kind of gaming community doesn't allow someone to talk shit or defend themself. I didn't realize I was in Church or whatever this is supposed to be.