Hammer Thread

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
Hej Guys and Gals,

it's Hammertime ⚒

What Hammers do you use and why?
What Hammers do you like and why?
What Hammers do you craft and why?

I just started using and crafting Hammers and tried a Maul, a 2h Warhammer, a 1h Sledgehammer or a 1h Warhammer with a Large Roundshield with Lion Frame.

I like the Hammer+Shield Combination but for some Situations a 2h Maul or Warhammer is maybe better.

What do you think about spiked Heads?
I actually go for Style not for Numbers, but i see a Starmace is a good thing.
But i dont have Steel Lore and want to stick with Messing because my overall Professions Build.

curious about your thoughts and opinion.
Feel free to discuss all about Hammers.

have fun- Stun ⚒

Reactions: Nefnate

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
I personally love the idea of 1h sledgehammer + shield. It not only looks badass but also actually lets you use fancy stuff like skadite. Unfortunately the range is trash and is completely unusable outside of PvE. Maybe its just me sucking at PvP but +50% of my swings were either misses or handle hits with the 1h sledge.

So these days I am going with either 2h war hammer or 2h sledge both out of messing and although it feels much better in a fight it doesn't look half as cool as what I wanted to wear. (And I'm guessing it also makes plenty of shield crafters unhappy...)

And occasionally I used a 2h steel flanged mace. I like it but I am not sure its worth the cost of steel vs messing

Last edited:
Reactions: Stundorn

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
yup its just too hard to use hammers effectively in pvp. The sweet spot is just too small and you always end up missing or getting handle hits. On top of this they are usually heavy and slow to swing.

They do look cool though.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
+50% of my swings were either misses or handle hits with the 1h sledge.
[...]
And occasionally I used a 2h steel flanged mace. I like it but I am not sure its worth the cost of steel vs messing
I try to learn with the gripped handle, but i agree its hard to find the optimal range in PvP.
Next thing i want to try is a steel Starmace, not sure if 1h with a shield or 2h.

I also just started making Shields as i just like it to use one.
Protects your weapon and armor from losing dura, make enemys do more equipment hits, protects better versus archers and as you said style is something i allways consider :D

1h blackwood messing warhammmer with a large lion shield with messing frame looks fantastic imho.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
2h twisted handle warhammer...
Because good range, fast, low stamina drain, decent damage and it can dismount.
All other 2h hammers are IMHO too slow and with that horrible hitboxes you end up with a lot of handle hits. Better use axes in that case.

I don't use 1h weapons with shield due to the higher stam drain.