Half implementing systems

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Is absolutely stupid. Even if you have to its being done is the worse possible way seemingly just to spite players.

Look the the rep system as a prime example. Henrik excuse to such a disaster of a change is that the game "is a sand box and will always be updating". That sentence from him make zero sense. Sand box has nothing to do with half implemented systems or even implementing systems.

If you had a system change that was too big to fit into one patch why would you implement the worse part of it first which just makes your player base hate and distrust you.

All Henrik had to do was implement the good part of the systems first. Should have made risar heads turn in able and then do the rep changes. Most people would have done it this way because its common sense.

I dont live near blue towns and I actually like how it forces the "PvP" players to actually be PvP players as reds but this is more about half implementing things and how its being done horrible when it can be done a lot better.

From my observation how the game keeps doing half implementations in the worst ways possible is because the who is making these decisions lack common sense. Henrik going forward before he makes changes should ask him self, would help chat roast me for it.

So far Seb is the only one with brains and actually holding together this game despite the decisions made. He makes the game exist despite Henrik. And I dont hate Henrik I love that hes trying to make a game like this possible but the game is existing despite of him. The game could be so much better if we got into game and had to do what the rest of us do. So far I have like another 100 hours this past two weeks during break.

• Wow
Reactions: Eldrath

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its still beta dude. Game hasn't launched. Better they do this now than after launch.
It was supposed to launch 2 months ago and is launching a month from now.

The half implementing trash is a ongoing issue which is the real problem. And if read I state they could have half implemented risar head rep first instead of just turning getting rid of rep gain.

The main reason for this post is that I cant see SV not doing dumb half implementation again. They will continue to do so even after release.

We need all to stop tolerating half implementation when its done at a detriment of the game. Even in beta because they will think its ok to do so after release.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
All SV has shown is that they either listen to the wrong groups or individuals that they think will drive their game in popularity, or there is these weird implementations of ideas that are so out of touch for sustaining a player base.

Reactions: Tzone

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
It was supposed to launch 2 months ago and is launching a month from now.

The half implementing trash is a ongoing issue which is the real problem. And if read I state they could have half implemented risar head rep first instead of just turning getting rid of rep gain.

The main reason for this post is that I cant see SV not doing dumb half implementation again. They will continue to do so even after release.

We need all to stop tolerating half implementation when its done at a detriment of the game. Even in beta because they will think its ok to do so after release.

Actually the original release was December 2020. But people forget that. Goes to show they need more time, and why they're pushing hard for this release is funny.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
All SV has shown is that they either listen to the wrong groups or individuals that they think will drive their game in popularity, or there is these weird implementations of ideas that are so out of touch for sustaining a player base.
They are straight up just out of touch and since they dont play the game they dont deal.
Doesn't play the game just uses a spread sheet to balance the game which is just ignorant way to design a game.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
so you are not playing? Cause if you are, you paid the same naive money too.

Nope. I haven't paid a cent. Any keys I've gotten for accounts have been given to me.. also I'm not playing until the game -actually- releases because the game is shit and I'd rather waste the time I would play when it's not going to get wiped. Rather the loss of others have an actual impact.

They are straight up just out of touch and since they dont play the game they dont deal.
Doesn't play the game just uses a spread sheet to balance the game which is just ignorant way to design a game.

Henrik streams it, and no one in SV plays it. If they said they did - I'd want them to stream it. But we'll never see that.

Elden Ring and Stalker 2 comes out next year I guess?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ill be playing the shit out of those games, Might see if they ever fix this trash and pull their heads out of their butts.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Nope. I haven't paid a cent. Any keys I've gotten for accounts have been given to me.. also I'm not playing until the game -actually- releases because the game is shit and I'd rather waste the time I would play when it's not going to get wiped. Rather the loss of others have an actual impact.

Henrik streams it, and no one in SV plays it. If they said they did - I'd want them to stream it. But we'll never see that.

Just run it on a test server, secretly ask some players that have brown nosed them since the start what they think; and rush it out onto live.

Imagine paying money for a game along with a sub just to play test it until it's finished. Game development is shit.

Elden Ring and Stalker 2 comes out next year I guess?

lmao, so you are just here complaining about a game you arent even playing, and have no intention of playing until it gets “good”. Pretty sure thats the definition of a forum troll. Now i can stop taking you seriously.

Reactions: Moored

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
All one.
Its still beta dude. Game hasn't launched. Better they do this now than after launch.
its more that we will tolerate half implemented systems now during beta, but after launch it will be unacceptable
-barcode
Both correct.

The problem with leaving things half-fixed or half-done during this Beta of Mortal Online 2 is (very apparently) that sometimes it makes continuing to play in order to test —between bi-weekly patches— too unappealing or difficult or even impossible to suit the Beta Testers that Star Vault has got.
  • Just One Example: Tasks are still simple, and players are wanting to repair more Rep over a short period of time than they can manage to do by Tasks or killing Risar. But the change "Lowered task standing rewards" is in before more complex (and more rewarding) Tasks have been added. (Apparentlly.) People who may already be testing Housing and have chosen Regions to base themselves in are having trouble getting to things like Furnaces (reportedly).
  • You could wish that SV had more people testing who didn't care if things "worked yet" or not, but they don't.
Sure, it's Beta and Star Vault should mess things up now instead of later, but 'now' (the time to test) is getting smaller by the day with only a few two-week periods left between now and THEN (when it's no longer 'Beta').

Tzone

May 16, 2021
lmao, so you are just here complaining about a game you arent even playing, and have no intention of playing until it gets “good”. Pretty sure thats the definition of a forum troll. Now i can stop taking you seriously.
So far he has valid feed back and has been spot on. While you just seek the discredit him because you dont like his feedback.

You are also strawmaning by saying he doesn't play when he clearly stated he has accounts.

You dont like people telling it how it is so you seek to insult them.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk as a software developer myself I feel like if you spend too much time trying to perfect something then you wind up taking way too long. Sometimes as much as it sucks it's better to just get something done and move on to the next feature. Sometimes having 50 95% done features is better than 10 99% done features

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Idk as a software developer myself I feel like if you spend too much time trying to perfect something then you wind up taking way too long. Sometimes as much as it sucks it's better to just get something done and move on to the next feature. Sometimes having 50 95% done features is better than 10 99% done features
It wouldn't be a problem if those 50 features were actually done 95% of the way, but they aren't. Housing with nothing in it other than a shell of a building and no real siege mechanics is not 95% done its really not even 50% because what good are houses with nothing in them? Mounted is put in without the dismount options being put in, and in earthquakes case nerfed with out even being finished sounds like a half done gameplay mechanic to me. The only complete mechanic that they have put in recently is the task vendor and thats because there's only one task to do.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
The only complete mechanic that they have put in recently is the task vendor and thats because there's only one task to do.
And, for some people at least, the one task is either not giving Rep or it's giving less than one entire point of Rep (and not reporting the fraction).
  • People like to see their progress, if they are making any, and get easily convinced they're not making any when they cannot see it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Housing being half implemented added good things to the game so thats great. Rep being removed and nerfed added negatives to the game so its bad.

Its such a bad negative that it ruins the game for a lot of people and is game breaking. The solution to this system is implenenting risar heads which is a positive for the game. Why break the game by adding the negative before the positive?

Just no common sense and its a on going issue that Henrik wont learn from. It will continue after persistence.