Guard Patrols [Suggestion]

Allow players in MO2 to set a 12 hour period in which guards are active?

• Total voters

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Taken from the thread https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/should-mortal-online-2-have-siege-windows.884/#post-10763

Giving complete credit to Magos for the idea.

Imagine guards from MO1 not being consistent and persistent 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; never disappearing or taking any kind of break.

The idea is this: Players can set the patrol times of all guards. This would consist of a twelve hour patrol, and after that twelve hour period they'd disappear. Ideally, you'd have your guards spawn in when you're not online and or your guild is at it's weakest timezone wise.

I hate guards with a passion, AI fighting for you is the least skillful thing in my eyes; but since it's been confirmed - would PvE / casual players find this as a compromise?

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
It's definitely a good idea to combat not having siege times, its also immersive but I'd like you to expand on your idea if possible. Such as how many per travelling group, what is this group bound too, such as in MO1 they were bound to a patrol post. Would their be a limit on how many guards/patrolling groups you can have.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Make sure that ALL of a guilds guards are on the same timer.

P.S. I voted other because I want NO player controlled/owned guards.

Reactions: Eldrath

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
According to @Henrik Nyström guards are supposed to follow the same rules as players.

They need gear, food and housing. Use those factors to force people to make choices. It should be a risk/reward decision rather than a soft ball siege window.

You should keep in mind that guards probably won´t be protected by walls this time around. Which means that your enemies can come, kill all your guards and take their gear. In reality I think guards are more likely to support a player defense, rather than being any challenge on their own.