Great game so far, just a few suggestions.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
In his latest stream Henrik confirmed they will give people a "crude" map of Myrland once they leave Haven, and will also give players crude maps to find NPCs to rescue with the new rescrue tasks.

They aren't against the ideas of maps, especially ones that are within lore/hand drawn in game, though I think if they have the choice they'd prefer to have the creation and distribution of them handled by players (hence the planned cartography system). They are just against the idea of a magical game system that provides a GPS minimap.
I believe most people looking at this game can agree to not having their location directly point out to them when look at the map. But ya no map at all is just a silly design choose to me, as it stands I believe it safe to say that 90% of these game's currently player base has the online map (https://www.mortalonlinemap.info/location/-104,209862/119,766211/2,5) open the entire time they're playing the game I know I do. So why not have a basic map like this in game, it doesn't even need to point out were spawns or resources are either like the online map does, just were each town is an mark land marks like rivers, ponds, lakes, valley etc. It would do a lot to help the new player experience if new players can know what the world looks like with out relying on a third party website.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I believe most people looking at this game can agree to not having their location directly point out to them when look at the map. But ya no map at all is just a silly design choose to me, as it stands I believe it safe to say that 90% of these game's currently player base has the online map (https://www.mortalonlinemap.info/location/-104,209862/119,766211/2,5) open the entire time they're playing the game I know I do. So why not have a basic map like this in game, it doesn't even need to point out were spawns or resources are either like the online map does, just were each town is an mark land marks like rivers, ponds, lakes, valley etc. It would do a lot to help the new player experience if new players can know what the world looks like with out relying on a third party website.

Agreed, so sounds like their solution of giving everyone an in-game Myrland map item similar to the one of Haven is a good way to go, which is sounds like they plan to do.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020

+1

I hate how metagamey the dynamic map is and for me personally it runs against the philosophy and essence of the game and so elect not to use it. A basic paper map with the broad strokes akin to haven map, perhaps even less detailed even, plus town maps for each starter town at least until such time as these things can be replaced by player generated content in game.

I'd prefer to use a myrland map with hand drawn instructions to find something in-game than seek it out on mortalonlinemap, or have some kind of riddle that refers to landmarks to unravel mysteries in-game, even if other players have pretty much marked everything through beta explorations.

MaDeuce

May 28, 2020
+1

I hate how metagamey the dynamic map is and for me personally it runs against the philosophy and essence of the game and so elect not to use it. A basic paper map with the broad strokes akin to haven map, perhaps even less detailed even, plus town maps for each starter town at least until such time as these things can be replaced by player generated content in game.

I'd prefer to use a myrland map with hand drawn instructions to find something in-game than seek it out on mortalonlinemap, or have some kind of riddle that refers to landmarks to unravel mysteries in-game, even if other players have pretty much marked everything through beta explorations.

Mortalonlinemap is for common basic needs. To seriously advance in MO2 you would need refer to Reputation and manage that on a social level. Real simple but yet some find it hard to do, Have Fun Ya'll #MO2BIGFAN