Graveyard PvP

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
If they quit and cry because they died in graveyard then they will quit and cry when they die to players at bandits or dungeons or risars or on the road. They dont have the mentality for a OW PvP game and will quit anyways. Its not that they died in GY its because they died.

That's like saying, "Look if you are really sore the first time you go to the gym and can't walk for a few days and feel like you don't want to go back, you're not fit for the gym, later on you'll work out too hard again and be sore and won't be able to handle it then either and want to quit, so you shouldn't go in the first place." This is obviously false. Obviously being new in a game, knowing nothing, having nothing, trying to learn and being killed in the new area is different than having a base of understanding under you, engaging in an activity you understand to be dangerous, being part of a guild, have a supply of gear where you can get re-geared easily and friends to help you out. That attitude self-selects for people who want nothing from the game to risklessly random PK, which might be the world you want, but not most of us.

It's also heavily patronizing. You don't get to decide who the game is for, the people who play do. And getting killed repeatedly in the graveyard with no gear is NOT the rest of the game and is out of sync with what the devs want for the game. The only time one can say "maybe this game isn't the one you're looking for" is when someone specifically states they want something that is completely out of sync with the clearly stated vision of the game (for example asking for regional servers, or less reputation consequences for random pking noobs hmm....)

In fact T-zone it's nearly every stream now that you state something where Henrik himself tell you you're out of touch with what he (and as he understands it most of the player population) want for the game, maybe that's a hint that you dictating who the game is for might not be the best bet.

Last edited:

Vag

Dec 4, 2021
I've moved over from meduli to tindrem and I have to say the graveyard is much better at tindrem. Pretty much everyone I've encountered there has been friendly, even grouped up with a few people for a fishing expedition. Finally going to brave an attempt at the sewers next.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I've moved over from meduli to tindrem and I have to say the graveyard is much better at tindrem. Pretty much everyone I've encountered there has been friendly, even grouped up with a few people for a fishing expedition. Finally going to brave an attempt at the sewers next.

Totally, that's part of why I thought SV should put "Recommended" near Tindrem from Haven as a starting location. The graveyard is IN the city, so random pkers have to pass by like 20 guards to get to the graveyard, whereas the rest of the graveyards are much more out in the middle of nowhere so much easier to slip in and pk.

Reactions: Najwalaylah