Graphical glitches

Gorf

May 8, 2021
I recently started having these issues. Not sure if it started after some patch as I have recently returned to the game. But Im having these quite often. Usually restarting the game help. I also get glitches where it seems like water on the ground is artefacting. After restarting the game this weird glitches are gone, but after some time they pop.

I did not experienced it so far in any other game

I run with RTX3070 32GB ram, game on SSD if it helps. I have updated the drivers, still getting these issues.

Does anyone else having similar issues? Do you think it is just the game or could iut be problem with my GPU or RAM?

mo2 glitch 2.jpg

Attachments

• mo2 glitch 2.jpg
    mo2 glitch 2.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 9

Gorf

May 8, 2021
This is another graphic bug Im having mo2 glitch 3.jpg

Attachments

• mo2 glitch 2.jpg
    mo2 glitch 2.jpg
    697.6 KB · Views: 6

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
I also run a 3070 (8GB) and 32GB of RAM.

I've noticed a a few graphical glitches but nothing frequent and not really like what you're seeing.

A couple suggestions -
  • Try running the game with Direct X 11 instead of 12.
  • Do you have an overclock set on your GPU? If you do, try removing the overclock.

Gorf

May 8, 2021
Thanks for reply. No, I did not not overclocked my GPU at all. Did not played with it ever tbh. Temperature is smooth 65 deg. C. Weird thing is that it is always one graphical bug of this kind. Like if I start having the glitch on the rocks it is on every rock of that kind while others are fine. If it is on trees than it is on all the trees of that kind while other trees are fine. With trees it is only if Im at crtain distance fdrom them if I move further textures are normal.

I really feel like it must be the game and not my GPU starting to die. I played now Red dead online for like hour and half and didnt noticed anything.

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
Yeah, I would agree it's something specific to Mortal and not a problem with your hardware.

Does the issue happen on both DirectX 11 and 12? You can select which one to use when you launch the game.

You could try repairing the game files from Steam. I've heard people say that has fixed various problems.

Gorf

May 8, 2021
Will try both later and report back here if it helped. I have stopped playing MO2 for now to check in other games.

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
I have also had the "Christmas tree" glitch a few times, it started a long time ago, also makes some parts of the ground look like it's a rainbow glitter road.

I only get it after traveling for a while.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Thanks for reply. No, I did not not overclocked my GPU at all. Did not played with it ever tbh. Temperature is smooth 65 deg. C. Weird thing is that it is always one graphical bug of this kind. Like if I start having the glitch on the rocks it is on every rock of that kind while others are fine. If it is on trees than it is on all the trees of that kind while other trees are fine. With trees it is only if Im at crtain distance fdrom them if I move further textures are normal.

I really feel like it must be the game and not my GPU starting to die. I played now Red dead online for like hour and half and didnt noticed anything.
Ok... quick question.

You said you have a 32gb of RAM... and a RTX 3070. Was it refurbished or used when you bought it or new? Also what CPU do you have and what PSU?

Gorf

May 8, 2021
Ok... quick question.

You said you have a 32gb of RAM... and a RTX 3070. Was it refurbished or used when you bought it or new? Also what CPU do you have and what PSU?
It was bran new GPU bought approx 1 year back never overclocked or anzthing. CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 5600x. PSU is what exactly?

Anyway, it seems I found where the problem is. I did veryfied data and reun the game with dx11 everything was fine. Whan I tried dx12 Im getting those glitches again. I used to run the game with dx12 before without any problems though.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It was bran new GPU bought approx 1 year back never overclocked or anzthing. CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 5600x. PSU is what exactly?

Anyway, it seems I found where the problem is. I did veryfied data and reun the game with dx11 everything was fine. Whan I tried dx12 Im getting those glitches again. I used to run the game with dx12 before without any problems though.

PSU is the thing 99% of people overlook, it is your power supply unit. If you are going over 70% of your PSU rating you risk causing surges which will cause graphics issues at a minimum and at the worst short out your MOBO.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
That sounds a bit misleading. I'd say most people overclock their CPU, not their PSU. You want to be sure your PSU has enough power for your components, but you aren't overclocking it.
Overlook is what he wrote, not overclock... hehe... carry on...

Reactions: Hodo and Cazik