GMs interfering with gameplay in town PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sounds like your elite PVP against fishermen is going rough.

Maybe you want to try your PvP against naked wood choppers? Over encumbered miners? Pets on the dummy?
Make sure to let us know how that goes. 😆
raw bodybags, this is why you can never hate this guy. Lol.

Be like @Najwalaylah I'm not hatin' haha. Do u. It's that reel.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
its sounds like if guards where added they were added there because you revealed a glaring oversight that wont work well for new players when the game launches on epic. from what i understand all nations will be expanding before TC to provide high/med/low levels of protection away fromt here cities. there will be guard posts out of town and such. attacking a player in any nation will force the nation that your in to attack you thats how its gunna work. I personaly am not a fan of the lictor guards. all AI should be killable. i mean you could make a lictor 3 times as strong as a normal guard and i would be fine with it but currently they teleport around and 2 shot or 1 shot people.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
its sounds like if guards where added they were added there because you revealed a glaring oversight that wont work well for new players when the game launches on epic. from what i understand all nations will be expanding before TC to provide high/med/low levels of protection away fromt here cities. there will be guard posts out of town and such. attacking a player in any nation will force the nation that your in to attack you thats how its gunna work. I personaly am not a fan of the lictor guards. all AI should be killable. i mean you could make a lictor 3 times as strong as a normal guard and i would be fine with it but currently they teleport around and 2 shot or 1 shot people.

Thank you for your input. @Henrik Nyström

Reactions: Zbuciorn

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
In my opinion, it wasn't an oversight. Guards already patrolled the area and we killed them multiple times. If SV thinks that killing should not occur in that location, spawning more difficult AI should occur during a patch/update, not at the whim of a random GM that becomes a permanent AI until the servers restart. The fact that the spawned guards do not delete until a server restart is indication of GM abuse and something that is not intended.

Reactions: Rorry

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Towns are already too safe, unkillable teleporting lictors, stationary guards everywhr etc...

Gladiator

Apr 26, 2022
Thing is, if StarVault wanted towns to be completely safe, you would simply take no damage in town, thats very simple to implement.
Therefor, that is not what they want :)

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
Before you accuse me of exploiting, no, I don't exploit. Killing guards, pending on your guild composition and knowledge of AI guard mechanics, is fairly simple, and supposedly a core part of MO2 gameplay. For the amount of guards that we've killed, my entire guild would of already been banned for "exploiting."

After launch, town PVP was kind of dull until we discovered that killing in MK was possible both at the bridge connecting to west Bank and the trinket vendor. We kept up the killing for a few days until GMs spawned elite and lictor guards from the sky on top of our heads. We reached out to robmo and were assured that GMs do not have the ability to spawn AI, which was immediately proven false with video proof. SVs message then changed to GMs will strategically spawn AI in areas where PVP is not intended (how is this a sandbox game??). Fine, whatever.

Almost a year later, we discover an opportunity to kill right in toxai to disrupt the fisherman population. We killed in there for just a few nights and heard some buzz in MO2 general discord and help chat, but it wasn't until we killed a certain streamer who exclusively fishes in toxai for the GMs to get involved. As we continued to kill guards and players, all of a sudden, completely out of distance from any new spawning guards, 4 khurite arrow guards and 2 khurite elite arrow guards spawn out of nowhere, completely out of range. Obviously, we make an attempt to kill them but it's basically impossible as they hit you for 60 every 2 seconds or so. In all of the PVP we did in toxai we did not discover these arrow guards until we killed a known streamer. I am not accusing GMs of favoritism, just stating the facts.

It just sucks man. It is so much of a risk to kill in town and requires that you have the balls to sacrifice standing, your gear, and thorough planning/scouting of the area. All that work only for GMs to randomly spawn guards on you when enough people complain about dying, which are still there 2 nights later, the same khurite standard and elite guards standing at the bridge.

I get that there are some places where PVP is just not meant to happen, but these decisions need to be vetted by SV with Henrik's awareness. A GM should not have the ability to interfere with gameplay and make a permanent change to AI as the game is live. If guards need to be placed, it should be done with the patch so it has SV oversight. GMs have way to much power to control the flow of gameplay.

Any accusations of exploiting will give me a dopamine hit, btw.
I kill a lot of players in town, specifically enemy guilds. You just have to find the "sweet" spot , but you can be killed and looted by guards. Also, in zones that have no guards, wouldn't it make sense for guards to spawn there if there are players killing? Or to move there as a patrol?

I think what you want is to freely kill in town with no consequences. If you do need griefing you have to acccept the consequences my friend.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I kill a lot of players in town, specifically enemy guilds. You just have to find the "sweet" spot , but you can be killed and looted by guards. Also, in zones that have no guards, wouldn't it make sense for guards to spawn there if there are players killing? Or to move there as a patrol?

I think what you want is to freely kill in town with no consequences. If you do need griefing you have to acccept the consequences my friend.

which town?

There should not be sweet spots. I ain't mad at MO2 for offering GUARDED EXTRACTION, but the over stacking of guards is ridiculous. I kinda think that there should not be guards by appliances and appliances should be outside of city. The 'grief cycle' is more complex. Yeah you still take the rep hit, which is the grief tax, but to be able to mess w/ people is an essential part of MO. Def done some horses.

I feel like in your own city you should be able to keep the riff raff out. It goes both ways. Nobody wants to ultimately take an L because of guards. Lictors and Elites are fucking nuts. Not to go old skool as usual, but BACK IN MO they had bunch of reg guards, and people could kite them, too. lol. They would still do stuff, but they were meant to DETER not prevent. The consequence of grief is rep loss. Rep loss thru the game mechanic and rep loss thru the world sandbox view, which is like... who I am griefing, do people want them griefed? Real-world rep. Are all the cool guilds gonna sit by while I blow up these horses? yaknow. haha.

Cuz most guilds, to us at least, are kinda like "whatever" to our lil group. I am hoping they understand if we are blowing up people's horses, that there is a reason lol. Tho I admit to cutting back on that. Cuz I mean you end up getting bottom tier people in a guild anyway, but if you punish them enough, they stop messing w/ you. That's how it's supposed to work IMO, to be able to outhustle/outwill people. The AI being called in when you are doing that is def a tough L to take, but there def should be AI in there, but they should be IMO all about as powerful as a reg guard and the diff between an elite guard is that they should be able to attack ranged from time to time. Delete Lictors entirely. P sure you can't even get wings anymore so no use.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Your playstyle is your choice but the SV is going the direction which is going to benefit their product introducing consequences for action which do not bring any entertaining values besides mild annoyance for veterans but potential reason for new players to lost their interest in MO2 right after leaving heaven.

I would like to thank you for this post because it gave me cool idea of introducing re-roll timer after criminal action so players need to cope with consequences for some time before they can create new character.That may prevent some of the mindless trolling which was impacting MO1 popularity.

Reactions: Castiel

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022

No, I do not want to freely kill in towns. In fact, the town we raided, toxai, has no sweet spot and we were constantly killing guards as they aggroed to us. We knew where not to go to prevent aggroing lictor and elite bow guards. I think killing guards is part of the risk. What I want is for SV GMs to stop spawning permanent elite and standard arrow guards on top of my head when I am criminal in town. It doesn't make sense that a GM has the capability to intervene with PVP and disrupt gameplay. If SV wanted that spot to have elite and standard arrow guards they would of put them there with a patch update, and would not be a random GM decision.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
No, I do not want to freely kill in towns. In fact, the town we raided, toxai, has no sweet spot and we were constantly killing guards as they aggroed to us. We knew where not to go to prevent aggroing lictor and elite bow guards. I think killing guards is part of the risk. What I want is for SV GMs to stop spawning permanent elite and standard arrow guards on top of my head when I am criminal in town. It doesn't make sense that a GM has the capability to intervene with PVP and disrupt gameplay. If SV wanted that spot to have elite and standard arrow guards they would of put them there with a patch update, and would not be a random GM decision
If there is a fight between players in the city and GM's help one side that would be wrong but they just do what Game Masters supposed to do when someone finds way to go around programmed systems and they enforce SV's vision of the game.

We are invited by Henrik to play his game.It is like in the club if you abuse other guests you get kick out even you payed for your beer.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This whole thread is absurd. Its like saying “the police interfering with my rave at the park”.

They are not interfering. You are interfering with the rules. They are just doing their job. The park is not for raves, regardless of the fact that you think it should be. There are plenty of places where you can have your rave, so go there.
You do not make the rules, so stop whining and move along.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
This whole thread is absurd. Its like saying “the police interfering with my rave at the park”.

They are not interfering. You are interfering with the rules. They are just doing their job. The park is not for raves, regardless of the fact that you think it should be. There are plenty of places where you can have your rave, so go there.
You do not make the rules, so stop whining and move along.
Are towns supposed to be safezones now? Are those the rules? In this game everyone is a combat character so griefing doesnt exist, you just got rekt in pvp.

One of the charms of MO1 was that you could die anywhere, even in town. You could get ganked at the crafting table, extracting, etc. Its sad how kids have gotten so soft these days, whining about getting killed on the tiny spots in town without elite/lictor guards.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Are towns supposed to be safezones now? Are those the rules? In this game everyone is a combat character so griefing doesnt exist, you just got rekt in pvp.

One of the charms of MO1 was that you could die anywhere, even in town. You could get ganked at the crafting table, extracting, etc. Its sad how kids have gotten so soft these days, whining about getting killed on the tiny spots in town without elite/lictor guards.

The level of safety in guarded town is dictated by SV, not your wishful thinking.

Nobody cares how you like it to be. Sitting here and whining about how my play-stile isn't catered to is childish. You and i do not make the rules, we simply play by them.
If SV adds a bunch of guards to a spot it means they want that spot to be safer. Very plain and simple. Adjust your playstyle or leave.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
The level of safety in guarded town is dictated by SV, not your wishful thinking.

Nobody cares how you like it to be. Sitting here and whining about how my play-stile isn't catered to is childish. You and i do not make the rules, we simply play by them.
If SV adds a bunch of guards to a spot it means they want that spot to be safer. Very plain and simple. Adjust your playstyle or leave.
It seems SV doesnt want there to be any spots in town that arent safe. So why not make it a safezone like Albion then, what they are doing is false advertisement.

By listening to the carebears they are killing what makes this game stand out from the rest, and the sad thing is they will quit anyways unless theres a 100% full pve server.

NYOCHTAR

Sep 21, 2022
It seems SV doesnt want there to be any spots in town that arent safe. So why not make it a safezone like Albion then, what they are doing is false advertisement.

By listening to the carebears they are killing what makes this game stand out from the rest, and the sad thing is they will quit anyways unless theres a 100% full pve server.
Yeah man, this is my point. I have no idea how anyone argues against this. This is advertised as a pvp game where NO PLACE IS SAFE. It's literally stated in Henrik's vision that not even cities are 100% safe, which means that killing in towns is intended. A random GM that spawns unkillable guards in the air is not intended.

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
As a blue toxai resident, and someone who lost pets to Omerta in MK at the bank (lol), I will say that I too am philosophically opposed to GMs spawning guards in basically any capacity.

I understand that the GMs or SV may feel they are filling in guards where there should be more, but I feel doing that while the killin' is in progress is a bad call -- the spawners should be changed/fixed instead.

I do think it is important that noobs are protected in their first week or two, but I think pvp raids on guards is such a rare occurrence that a heavy handed response by the GMs is really disproportional.

However, all that to say that I do think killing fishermen is kinda lame, lmao.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Yo if you ever are in a town and wanna know a spot where you can get someone call me. lol. I can't kill em tho, but I can give you some good looks ;)

But yeah you are basically right. It's a fucking bitch to do what needs to be done. However, it can be done, and if you put in the work, you will be rewarded because of softer player base. I understand the idea, but there should be pathing, shift changes, you know like almost RP flavored stuff that everyone would be into... 'yea he got me at shift change' and get rid of the ridic op guards. There shouldn't be guards that can get you and your horse if you ride by them. That's A LITTLE INSANE for anywhere, maybe like in the palace of the king or something.

Would also be could if you could kill the guards and if you kept killing the better ones, you could deplete the guard force of the city over time. Or even just if you kept killing. Stuff like that seems really easy to code and they could dress it up p nice. Would work for a lot of people imo! That look over your shoulder feeling needs to be there, but MO1 was nuts for non combats. You can't say get rikt cuz if you got a stack on you you aren't pvping. Game is still a little fucked. It can be fixed, tho. It'd be a good step.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Yeah man, this is my point. I have no idea how anyone argues against this. This is advertised as a pvp game where NO PLACE IS SAFE. It's literally stated in Henrik's vision that not even cities are 100% safe, which means that killing in towns is intended. A random GM that spawns unkillable guards in the air is not intended.
I'm curious were does the game directly advertise it self as just a PVP game? Also if it Henrik's vision to promote the type of PVP your doing why are his employees being told (by him most likely) to stop what you call PVP? I mean there actual places you can go to get PVP without needing to kill 100s of guards to do it, sewers, spider caves, bandit camps, dungeons, Risar camps, any were in the world not near a town, the entire jungle region, the entire top right side of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.