gk priest

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
no, not complaining. but i think the current priest situation in gk is set up poorly.

priest should be moved elsewhere away from the bank, and another priest should be added elsewhere. either outside of town or somewhere else in town.

think it'll cut down on the meatgrinder that we've been seeing, not that i mind it but it just seems like bad design. people use stuck and a new trick in which you logout and res, which hey its creative but it just makes gameplay more about who can cheese mechanics not intended to be used in such a way.

i liked the closed beta priest spot near the guild stone, then you could probably put one up near the vendors or the equerry.

what do other people think?

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If you want to decrease "the meatgrinder" do two things:

1. Fast track spiritualism.
2. Make the respawn penalty 1 minute longer each time you try to rez at the same priest, with 5 stacks preventing you from rezzing there for the next hour.

This is a game about territorial control. Victory is supposed to mean something, as is defeat. We shouldn't be making victory / holding territory even less meaningful.

If you want a means of avoiding defeat after being defeated. Your enemy should be able to shoot it in the face when they find it.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
"1. Fast track spiritualism. "
Yes please.

"2. Make the respawn penalty 1 minute longer each time you try to rez at the same priest, with 5 stacks preventing you from rezzing there for the next hour."
If a guild really wanted to rez in a town they would use the aforementioned spiritism, so adding something like that would only hurt the solo player and increase greifing opportunity's. Imagine a new player getting killed a few times outside of town. That system would force him to go to a different town in the map and have to run back or start all over again.

"This is a game about territorial control. Victory is supposed to mean something, as is defeat. We shouldn't be making victory / holding territory even less meaningful."

That is true and should be mainly affected by TC and not a revamped priest system.