GK monopoly on best resources needs rework.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Tephra, bull horses, furnaces, spider queen, chieftain dungeon. All tucked away in one corner of the map with multiple keep spots and only a few, easily defendable entry points.

This needs to go. The highest resources in the game should be heavily contested and fought over, not hoarded and easily defended by a few no lifers that can guard 3 entry points 24/7.

either distribute these resources evenly around the map or place them in the most open and hard to defend part of the map. And definitely not close to any keep spot.

I personally like the idea of these resources being scattered around so that no one guild is able to have everything. But regardless, GK needs to be reworked from the ground up and heavily nerfed resource wise.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
SV should go back to the original design where living in certain places had drawbacks. GK did not have a food vendor by design, but consistent whining afters Mats left got them one. The world would be more balanced and more believe able if SV reinstated that design.

They should also consider spending more development resources on other areas that were seriously fucked up in MO1.

If SV is smart they will realize that it´s better to spread out their population and give the south meaningful resources that the north lacks.

I completely disagree with the notion that every resources should be evenly spread around the map. It does not make sense and would create a boring world without character.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Distributing resources evenly around the map would be awful and dumb down the whole sandbox economy. Might as well just put global banks and teleport while your at it.

If anything resources should be more regional, but GK obviously has too much good stuff where other regions cant compete at all. Just the fact that its the only place you can make cron/ogh will put it above the rest, it doesnt need more shit like the best wood, spider queen, etc.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I dont remember if GK had Saburra and Calx ... they had that ? The fact GK had all these tephra bring up a lot of WAR @PvP Content over the years. The fact that you will not be enable to block the entrance with walls gonna make it easier for the attacker anyways.

I liked how it was hard to get to GK... you actually ad to know the territory a little bit. I remember when I was bringing people up there they had no idee about these path. I did GK to MK at least 100 time. It was a common Road for DRED since there was few option to exit the region. It could of been so easy for any proper guild to camp that area. When DRED came back they actually walled these path which took long time to get siege because the war was unbalanced at the beginning.

But yeah it wont be a problem anymore since you can only wall around the keep. Right ?

Last edited:

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I dont remember if GK had Saburra and Calx ... they had that ? The fact GK had all these tephra bring up a lot of WAR @PvP Content over the years. The fact that you will not be enable to block the entrance with walls gonna make it easier for the attacker anyways.

I liked how it was hard to get to GK... you actually ad to know the territory a little bit. I remember when I was bringing people up there they had no idee about these path. I did GK to MK at least 100 time. It was a common Road for DRED since there was few option to exit the region. It could of been so easy for any proper guild to camp that area. When DRED came back they actually walled these path which took long time to get siege because the war was unbalanced at the beginning.

But yeah it wont be a problem anymore since you can only wall around the keep. Right ?

A guild with GK keep will already have home field advantage with gear sets, resources and general knowledge of the area all thats being taken away is walls. Its not enough, GK doesnt need everything. The guilds there should need to venture out to get the stuff they need or make trade deals. Just like any guild who wants tephra for Cron or Ogh likely has to travel somewhere to find it, same thing.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Distributing resources evenly around the map would be awful and dumb down the whole sandbox economy. Might as well just put global banks and teleport while your at it.

If anything resources should be more regional, but GK obviously has too much good stuff where other regions cant compete at all. Just the fact that its the only place you can make cron/ogh will put it above the rest, it doesnt need more shit like the best wood, spider queen, etc.

Definitely agree with the sentiment.

Rather than gut GK, would it be awful to add a couple best in class resources to other areas?

Many types of play don't require Cron or Ogh, or Iron or Bloodsilk for that matter. What else could make folks in GK want to part with their precious metals without removing the hierarchy of insane knights?

Reactions: Vagrant

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
nah but i would make everything twice at least like the greater nat so there is an economical war between more guilds where other people will be profiting from.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Definitely agree with the sentiment.

Rather than gut GK, would it be awful to add a couple best in class resources to other areas?

Many types of play don't require Cron or Ogh, or Iron or Bloodsilk for that matter. What else could make folks in GK want to part with their precious metals without removing the hierarchy of insane knights?
I dont think it would be necessary to gut GK but maybe downgrade some stuff? Instead of a spider queen just put some regular spiders with silk, and why does a place with burned out trees have better wood than a freakin jungle?

I also think pansar should stay regional for the south, the serpent boss should drop platescale only. Maybe even take out bloodsilk? But I think the Clothos is tied to the mino dungeon cuz of lore or some shit. Maybe some stuff from Sarducaa like Tapii? Its definetly something to think about

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If GK and cavecamp keep their tephra, gabore, blast furnace and greater nat, and granum the area will remain highly important.

I can understand why there is a dungeon or two up there too. Gives a bit of PVE if you're in a group that lives up there. And it makes sense to make that the risar area.

I don't think anything else is really needed. Just make it the area for mining/refining (minus calx and saburra), risars, and nothing else.

Reactions: Xunila

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
I dont think it would be necessary to gut GK but maybe downgrade some stuff? Instead of a spider queen just put some regular spiders with silk, and why does a place with burned out trees have better wood than a freakin jungle?

I also think pansar should stay regional for the south, the serpent boss should drop platescale only. Maybe even take out bloodsilk? But I think the Clothos is tied to the mino dungeon cuz of lore or some shit. Maybe some stuff from Sarducaa like Tapii? Its definetly something to think about

As for the question "why does it have better wood than the jungle?" It's a good question. There may be some lore, design choices I don't quite understand and wouldn't presume to change without that context. The jungle contains Blackwood in abundance, which is 3rd best. But this isn't really about wood, and I'm sure you know that. GK is targeted for whining because of the Ogh/Cronite, the Blast Furnace, tephra and GNat. The point is, people are supposed to complain, it's supposed to be competitive and annoying not to have control of it.

As Eldrath mentioned, the original idea behind GK was high risk, high reward, with the additional burden of having very minimal NPC support. No food vendors, likely no utility vendors. If they remove those NPCs and go back to the original design, people in GK would have to make regular visits to MK to get simple necessities. That's a fairly extreme balance, which is probably better for the game then adding a blast furnace to Meduli and a Gnat to Bakti. Also the multiple keep spots are opportunities for multiple guilds to fight over the region early on. Late game it might be just one guild owning all three. Especially if they add all vendors and implement TC as they did last time.

Unfortunately, there is a trend where people can play the Devs instead of the game. Let's hope that ends in MO2.

Reactions: Vagrant

Dominatrixx

Nov 23, 2020
You can't balance every corner of the map to be "good". It's the same like it was in Darkfall Online, where some cities and hamlets were "bad", while other very "good" or "super good" because of location and big guilds always fought for control over those "good" ones, because they provided more resources, easy access to farming areas, were well-defenced, e.t.c. And it's what REAL sandbox MMORPG is about!

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
SV should go back to the original design where living in certain places had drawbacks. GK did not have a food vendor by design, but consistent whining afters Mats left got them one. The world would be more balanced and more believe able if SV reinstated that design.

They should also consider spending more development resources on other areas that were seriously fucked up in MO1.

If SV is smart they will realize that it´s better to spread out their population and give the south meaningful resources that the north lacks.

I completely disagree with the notion that every resources should be evenly spread around the map. It does not make sense and would create a boring world without character.

completely agree, regarding GK, it's what 'the North' is about.
though the vendor placement will be interesting as they have the potential to take a chunk out of an elastic economy if we're to assume MO2 will start off quite populated.

on a side note, i don't believe there's an MK backdrop anymore which is a shame as that was a main route to the old MK Keep and surrounds.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I care mainly in the context of trade. GK is going to be good as long as it retains tephra, gabore, and the relevant extraction stations. The more you add to the same general area, the less needs to be imported, the worse it is for traders.

Like yes, GK is going to be a good area, the guild the controls it will be powerful. But why not spread things out a bit more to keep goods flowing to different areas of the map? Like personally I'd like to see less Saburra outside Meduli in general. Especially as far out as GK.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
I care mainly in the context of trade. GK is going to be good as long as it retains tephra, gabore, and the relevant extraction stations. The more you add to the same general area, the less needs to be imported, the worse it is for traders.

Like yes, GK is going to be a good area, the guild the controls it will be powerful. But why not spread things out a bit more to keep goods flowing to different areas of the map? Like personally I'd like to see less Saburra outside Meduli in general. Especially as far out as GK.

The list of items not found in GK is quite large. More to your point, there is a substantial list of unique and valuable resources not found in GK and a few more would be great. Also most vendors need to go.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The list outside is substantial. But when you control most tephra, most gabore, and the means to refine it in-house, basically everything else becomes icing on the cake as opposed to a real draw actually needed to make people care about the area. And the less it has the better trade will be.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Rocks are a weird one though, since they should be distrbuted according to the lore. Looking at the current nodes it´s granum everywhere, calx along rivers, tephra in the NE and gabore both in the NE and at former cave camp and saburra is restricted to the Meduli plains.

Dungeons are a big part that should not be underestimated in regional equation. In MO1 for a long time the Minotaur-Dungeon and the Risar-Dungeon were the best money makers and both sat in the north. There were beautiful places in the south, but none even remotely compared to those two. Sources of ironsilk were also stacked in the north. With the distances as big as they are these kind of imbalances are going to weight more heavily.

It should not be hard to move certain resources (spiderqueens for one) into other regions without killing the lore, compared to moving rock supplies. Re-Adjusting what biomes certain plants grow in might be good as well. Furthermore adding substantial resources to areas that were barren before.