Give Guilds a "Gate Guardian" giant monster npc? That actives when "Offline raids happen" or when Main Gate is under attack.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
It was limited to guarding the inside of the guild only.

It was fairly customizable you could set up it's armor and what stats it got from level ups??? Good idea? Or bad idea?

Choose a Element for Your Gate Guardian. Fire?= Giant Lava Elemental, Beast= Giant Minotaur with 2 heads? What other Elements and ideas? Water made the area around your gate have water and a water Shark thing?

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
There have been many discussions about NPCs attacking enemies during a siege. Most players don't like them and want MO2 to be without NPC guards.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
There have been many discussions about NPCs attacking enemies during a siege. Most players don't like them and want MO2 to be without NPC guards.
agreed, player structures should be defended by players

there should be some mechanic to prevent ninja-sieging tho, but thats a completely different topic

-barcode

Reactions: Waalan

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Our community of mortal is a small one. But there's another hardcore game i play called Ark survival. The community pretty much banded together behind protection vs offline raids and we got a force field generator and a special bed that encases you in a shield ? and protects against offline attacks. Also your dinosaurs can attack and defend your base and Ai can't ever beat a well equipped player in that game. I can think of a few exceptions like a breeded out Giga because of their sheer hp the attacking player would need high tier dinos and armor weapons to beat that. Usually these gigas and wyverns only the best players get. Called Alpha Tribe. But In that game it's usually 2x as easy to raid a enemy base then to defend it. They have a dino called a Titanosaur it's basically the games siege attacker dino to break down walls. Similar to Mortals catapults to break walls. Although ark has cannons and catapults too. You can snipe enemy turrets from afar too. In Mortal i think the same principals apply. I think a few guarding npcs wouldn't make or break the game. It could give us some defensive options telling guards to squad up over in this area an to build a weaker area to trick players to go there like how ark does.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

there should be some mechanic to prevent ninja-sieging tho, but thats a completely different topic

-barcode
Ninja sieging is literally same as offline sieging both are griefing tools to a unprepared enemy base. Plus in regards to this entire post you guys are forgetting that the only difference between npcs or player defense is players are better and smarter and the guild with more players wins. If you have 10 players in your guild attacking my guild of 4 players you win. If my guys are offline and you attack you just win easier and faster. Guards and a Boss gate guardian npc would be a great addition?

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

-barcode
Plus we already have guards in mortal near player gates and near watch towers.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
npcs should not be involved in the defense. i'm for a total revamp of the sieging system so it doesnt require any npc assistance. perhaps there could be automated things that an 'npc' could be operating during a siege like a boiling oil pot or some other trap mechanic, but they should not be active on the field of defense.

sieges themselves should be initiated by attackers that gives a relatively wide time window (12 hours? 24 hours?) and the defenders narrow that window to a defensible time frame (3 hours?) after which if successful they are unsiegable for a time (8 hours? 24 hours?) to rebuild and then can be attacked again.

this allows for the defending party to rally and create some kind of defense vs the attackers. Both parties have time to prepare and the siege itself should allow for some advantage for the defending party.

no ninja sieges. no npc guards. 'towers' as they are now maybe should have different rules to the above (or maybe towers themselves should be replaced with something else as well) that keeps them as more temporary structures but keeps and the like should have siege windows.

i realize this isnt very true to reality where attacks could happen at any time and often unexpected attacks are the most devastating, but this is not reality it is a game, and at least some of us do things outside of the game world.

-barcode

Anachroniser

Aug 9, 2020
Comparing a game that derives heavily from ultima online to ark is really a false equivocation, the only real similarity is the open world pvp. If you want to compare to any modern game, compare it to EVE which has timers on how quickly a structure can be destroyed, generally requiring 3 separate fights at a minimum set interval. Also guards should be allowed but should also have a density limit to prevent the guard spam of mo1, the reason being that if there were no guards, a naked man with too much time and some ironbone mauls would be a viable siege tactic. Nakeds with mauls should not be a viable siege tactic.