Give fast travel a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftHater

Mar 16, 2021
Hot place full of hate.
I believe what you said is nothing but pessimistic assumption, however. I don't feel such pessimism is in place when we have one of the friendliest and most sincere communities of any MMO.
"Uptown girl
She's been living in her uptown world
I bet she's never had a backstreet guy
I bet her momma never told her why"

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
This contradicts statements from other community members that claim they like the danger of being able to get ganked at any moment. It's one of the reason they play a full PvP game. Only trading by fast travel would be a big case of cognitive dissonance and a voluntary limitation on their own enjoyment. In which case you can blame the player, not the game/feature.

I believe what you said is nothing but pessimistic assumption, however. I don't feel such pessimism is in place when we have one of the friendliest and most sincere communities of any MMO.

I consider myself one of such players. However this is not how it would work for me.

I will not go out of my way to make it riskier for myself. It is quite the opposite.

Even though the risk of the game is what makes the game exciting for me , I am always trying to reduce it any way I can.

So, If there was fast travel then I would surely use it when I needed too.

Even if doing so would lead to a duller game that is less thrilling.

But we are getting away from the more important reason of no fast travel.

And that is the distribution of regional resources.

It is by design that resources are spread out. This should make demand high for products that are out of a region.

Then players can risk transporting in demand items to these places for profit.

So, even if I was not to use the quick travel. Someone else would. And the results to the economy would be the same.

Last edited:

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
this is why I dislike when people cry about wanting more safety in towns they create lictors that ignore pathing that hit from 200 feet away, create more safety than needed and basically don't deaggro until your dead cause all the ai aggro is fucked. not to mention you can't even fight them right now. people praise stupid additions like this and say it's needed the start asking for this stuff and pushing the line of what is allowed.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I consider myself one of such players. However this is not how it would work for me.

I will not go out of my way to make it riskier for myself. It is quite the opposite.

Even though the risk of the game is what makes the game exciting for me , I am always trying to reduce it any way I can.

So, If there was fast travel then I would surely use it when I needed too.

Even if doing so would lead to a duller game that is less thrilling.

But we are getting away from the more important reason of no fast travel.

And that is the distribution of regional resources.

It is by design that resources are spread out. This should make demand high for products that are out of a region.

Then players can risk transporting in demand items to these places for profit.

So, even if I was not to use the quick travel. Someone else would. And the results to the economy would be the same.

People would still need to get out there and get the resources. The danger would still be there.
People here seem to only be focusing on the effects for traders(in a very pessimistic way). Like I said, it could have limitations like limited use and even limited weight.

The topic is about fast travel in general and I am glad some people are in agreement with me on how it can benefit the game.

Levvy

Mar 28, 2021
I really dislike the idea! What is really making this game special for me is the scale of the map, local banking, and lack of any recall/teleportation. All three of these aspects come together to make the gameworld super immersive, and dangerous! Fast travel, I'm afraid to say, will only benefit the impatient players.

That being said, I agree if the population can't match the scale of the map, there will be a problem.

Theodosius

Jul 24, 2020
Let spiritists portal you to other priests around the map while you’re dead, or require two spiritists to work together to make two ether portals that you can travel through (dead).

Breannor

May 28, 2020
Well, at the moment, the game look like a walking or riding simulator.
Fast travel with limitation (for exemple only naked) could be solution to this problem.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
its confirmed that long distance teleporting wont come in any way for many reasons like safe material transporting... teleporting to home priest is already on the edge for MO.

Thank the gods for that then. I can't understand the influx of people asking for the game to hold their hand for them. Is it just the latest gaming generation? Do they want a "risky game, but not with real risk though!" or something?

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Thank the gods for that then. I can't understand the influx of people asking for the game to hold their hand for them. Is it just the latest gaming generation? Do they want a "risky game, but not with real risk though!" or something?

That's a straw man and a false assumption at the same time. If you read the OP you'll see the motivation is not safety. I also played MO1 for years.

Mizuko

Apr 8, 2021
No to fast travel and they also need to do some kind of limit on ghost running. Maybe give you 20minutes to run and if you don't make it in time to the priest revive at the nearest / home?

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
No to fast travel and they also need to do some kind of limit on ghost running. Maybe give you 20minutes to run and if you don't make it in time to the priest revive at the nearest / home?

Limit ghost running? If you want a softcore game then you are not going to like MO2.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
That's a straw man and a false assumption at the same time. If you read the OP you'll see the motivation is not safety. I also played MO1 for years.

Jump to conclusions a lot, do you? I was responding to Bernfred and not the OP seeing as how, you know, the thread has moved on a bit. Thanks for your pointless comment though. Always nice to be noticed.

Moforyguy

Mar 31, 2021
In my opinion Fast travel would suck for all the reasons people have mentioned, the real problem is not enough population for the map. For how easy it is to die it just seems like a motivation killer. Imagine you got your boys with you to do a dungeon or something and you've all been traveling over an HOUR to get there and someone dies...no one knows where they are. groups over. Motivation dying. If a million people were playing this game it'd be great!

Mizuko

Apr 8, 2021
Limit ghost running? If you want a softcore game then you are not going to like MO2.
Think you misunderstood me mate. Ghost running is op as hell at the moment as you can move very fast with it across map with no risk. And in my opinion they should nerf it.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
In my opinion Fast travel would suck for all the reasons people have mentioned, the real problem is not enough population for the map. For how easy it is to die it just seems like a motivation killer. Imagine you got your boys with you to do a dungeon or something and you've all been traveling over an HOUR to get there and someone dies...no one knows where they are. groups over. Motivation dying. If a million people were playing this game it'd be great!

One way to look at this though is that it makes death more meaningful.

Status
Not open for further replies.