Ghost Walk Poll

Should we allow teleport to any blue city as a ghost?? (WITH A TIMER BASED OFF CURRENT TRAVEL TIMES)

• Total voters

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
Since the topic on priest travel is getting so much attention heres a poll.

Should we allow travel to any blue city as a ghost?? (WITH A TIMER BASED OFF CURRENT TRAVEL TIMES) to avoid instant traveling around the world.

The amount if IRL time you have to waste traveling back to town because you died and dont have your "home" set there or you are trying to get to the town all of your friends travelled to while you were offline, nobody is going to travel solo accross the map unless they are either looking for pvp or have nothing of value on them anyways, its not worth the risk.

You cannot take items with you as a ghost anyways, there is absolutely no content to be had in the ether for anyone other than a spiritist, and even a spiritists is not going to randomly die and go explore the ether because they dont have their spirit boxes if they are killed, its nothing more than a waste of time. For EVERYONE

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
No, but higher travel speed and easier transition on terrain would be good.

For one, travelling in ghost has the oportunity to learn terrain safely. Good for any noob with a brain when choosing where to live.

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
Psy once long ago in MO1 increased movement speed in the ether word. I know there's a spell for it but a movement and jump buff would be a nice way to give that stat more usefulness.

Reactions: Raknor

Tzone

May 16, 2021

For one, travelling in ghost has the oportunity to learn terrain safely. Good for any noob with a brain when choosing where to live.
But I got like 1k hours now why should I have to be bound to a keyboard just to AFK run places.
So much time wasted that could have been productive IRL. I could litterally play another game while I wait instead of doing nothing.

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021

You cannot make ghosts run any faster or spiritists would not be able to hit their target when it matters, nobody is saying we take out ghost mode, just make it easier to get from town to town.

The amount of people the support red priest camping cause they say you can "just go to a different town" well id rather just log out cause running to the town I want to be at is boring as fuuuck

• Haha
Reactions: Kynyante

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah the people who are actually ghosting placed never really deal with water. I dont care if I can or can not walk on water. Moving slow across a river is bearly a drop in the bucket of the time it takes to get some place.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
We should be wanting to encourage players to travel and move around in the open world, not remove them from it. Spirit travel is already convenient enough to a point of being a consideration, without being the primary means of travel between towns.

We complain the world is too large and feels empty yet we want something that will only exasperate this more.

No thanks.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
We should be wanting to encourage players to travel and move around in the open world, not remove them from it. Spirit travel is already convenient enough to a point of being a consideration, without being the primary means of travel between towns.

We complain the world is too large and feels empty yet we want something that will only exasperate this more. No thanks.
Most of yall dont even travel in the first place. The only people moving around are the people ghosting places because its a waste of time to ride a horse places. What does it affect you if people who are already ghosting places suddenly have QoL and not be bored while doing it.

How do you encourage a person who doesnt care about bringing resources or gear with them some place not to ghost? You are not people are going to ghost and there is no logical reason to force those people to have to do it manually.

Reactions: For Sure

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021

We complain the world is too large and feels empty yet we want something that will only exasperate this more.

No thanks.
If anything adding this system would push more people into the world.

Less people will choose to close the game when their town becomes empty, or maybe the town is captured and priest camped, there's so many times when you die and are forced to travel all the way across the map as a ghost doing absolutely nothing and having no interaction with anything to get where you need to be, most people will just choose to Home priest back to a town they dont even want to be at out of convenience or logout and play at another time

Reactions: Tzone

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Why are so many people voting no? Ghosting is one of the most boring and unrewarding time sinks the game has to offer. If you want to explore as a ghost, go for it. But if you already know the map, and just want to get to another town so you can res and start playing the game, I see no reason to have to waste time ghosting. Theres virtually no down sides to it. The only one I can think of is if someone says a guild of reds roamed to a town, a ton of blues cna all ghost there and take gear they had out of the bank to go zerg. But town pvp is trash anyway, and no guilds should waste their time roaming to a town. So its a small price to pay for making travel better.

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
Seems like people think being bored in a game is a suitable "punishment" for death.

Either way though it's pretty clear nobody wants it to stay the way it is.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why are so many people voting no? Ghosting is one of the most boring and unrewarding time sinks the game has to offer. If you want to explore as a ghost, go for it. But if you already know the map, and just want to get to another town so you can res and start playing the game, I see no reason to have to waste time ghosting. Theres virtually no down sides to it. The only one I can think of is if someone says a guild of reds roamed to a town, a ton of blues cna all ghost there and take gear they had out of the bank to go zerg. But town pvp is trash anyway, and no guilds should waste their time roaming to a town. So its a small price to pay for making travel better.
They dont actually play the game thats why.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
I think not. However, it can be done so that the speed in the world of the dead is influenced by psy, for example, as it was once in MO1, because the main characteristic for Spiritism is PSY.
P.s. i'am spiritist.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think not. However, it can be done so that the speed in the world of the dead is influenced by psy, for example, as it was once in MO1, because the main characteristic for Spiritism is PSY.
exactly roleplayers

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
exactly roleplayers
No, i'am not roleplayer. But i think it's like fast travel in RPG, you can't see all world, and it give you only what you can see, but not what the world can show you. And in MMO that kills the need to think ahead of your actions to move in the world.

Ragemeister

Jul 19, 2021
P.s. i'am spiritist.
As stated before ghost movement is already very fast, any faster and it will become near impossible to keep mouse on target when banishing people, a changle like this would only mean slower movement for people with low Psy because there is no way they make ghosts go any faster without ruining spiritism altogether.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
As stated before ghost movement is already very fast, any faster and it will become near impossible to keep mouse on target when banishing people, a changle like this would only mean slower movement for people with low Psy because there is no way they make ghosts go any faster without ruining spiritism altogether.
Then what prevents us from making sure that the speed in the spirit that we have now was only for characters with, say, 100 psy? Accordingly, those who do not have psy 100 will have a lower speed. And for example, a buff on the speed of a spiritist, I would understand the speed up to 800, for those who have it lower.