Game Suggestions

Dusk

Dec 27, 2021
So I myself as soon as I upgrade my graphics card will start my 3DModeling again and plan to send this beautiful games team some Models they can use for Characters, Creatures, and anything else they suggest, but for now I can only do suggestions to increase player comfortability/balance.

Magic is really useless right now other than being a healer I have come to realize as I played a mage. I highly suggest making the crosshair slightly bigger while a spell is active to increase the chance of hitting a target maybe the size of your horses head when you are mounted looking down. It isn't a huge circle to always hit with but it will keep mages from being so useless in PvP due to wasting spells that are extremely hard to hit. Either increase the cross hair while magic is active or make it so spells have a lock-on to what ever name is on your target frame. Lock on sounds OP but if your buddy ends up becoming your target than you will hit him instead. Now of course the lock on wouldn't affect someone who isn't in your visuals such as you wouldn't be able to run away from someone and cast spells behind you at them. The lock on wouldn't be too op due to the fact that all the good spells are very close range and would end up putting you in Melee of fighters therefore practically leaving you dead due to concentration never letting you actually retain the cast. I've personally tested concentration and got 10/12 spells canceled due to damage.

Horses: Horses could definitely use a upgrade to health or more damage reduction as I can take out a Horse that is full equipped with armor using a longbow and giving it 5 shots at max, I'm assuming that when breeding is implemented we can mix breeds to make horses more healthy but if a horse can die under 6 shots than its much too weak, horses are a hard commodity to come by when you have many people in an area and they just fall over dead from like no damage or are just murdered in town from 2-3 sword swings before the guards can even react and prevent horse murder. Increase armor to resist damage better or increase in horse health would be much more wise especially since you have mounted skills. Horses shouldn't fall over dead until its taken at least 8-9 longbow shots especially if its armored.

Weight System could use a touch up. Gaining weight is much too easy compared to losing it, I've had experience where you eat after a spar and immediately gained a KG going from 97 or 98 thus drastically affecting a build, now doing what was needed to lose the kilo such as suiciding off bridges my health reserve was affected again their fore I ate some food to get rid of the grey bar but immediately gained another Kilo back. The only reserve when is ones that are Grey bared instead of affect all reserves to prevent getting fat. That being said if you are grey in all bars and you eat food that's good for all reserves it will satisfy all foods but if you are grey in HP and Mana than eating food that has a little bit of stamina reserve wont put you over weight. Now of course if you wanted to gain weight purposely than you can force yourself to eat while your reserves are full thus changing your stats as intended.

"Node Lines" lines where tames get stuck in a region or cant cross an area without getting stuck requiring a relog to get them to render and TP to you but also if you crash at a node line it duplicates your mount and requires the mount to be slain thus leaving you on foot in these lands of death. Sometimes you cant even TP the pet anymore, I suggest messing with the Terrain and smoothing it thus adding pathing where mounts/pets will not get stuck, although this could cause there to be no gatherable materials in that small area.

Increase the ability to Render Distance of players, by the time someone gets within your render you can barely prepare for a possible RPK/ARPK tag. We should be able to increase the range of how far we can render in players and target them with our cursor to see their Guild/Name so we know who is coming up on us. So far the render slider only affects range of rendering Foliage and textures. I would like to be able to see a player that's standing on top of Mage tower from the Passage if my Render Distance is maxed out. Although I wouldn't be able to see who the player is I would like to be able to see their are players up there.

Possibly- and I mean just possibly. Increase yield of materials from using better Pickaxe/Axe, if I have a Skadite Pickaxe the sheer weight itself should provide 500 Granum a swing but will also deplete the materials faster thus reducing the time of gathering if you have better tools. Which would also increase the use of Skadite other than alchemy.

Pets, your probably already working on this but Pets should return to you after an Attack command automatically or if not they will attack everything else in the area unless told to follow you again aka the attack command makes the pet attack what you target but they also become hostile and attack anything else in the area after the target dies. A passive stance, aggressive stance, and defense stance would be good. If your pet is on defensive it will protect itself and you when either are attacked. Thus preventing griefing of pets. Aggressive stance makes them hostile to everything nearby therefore attacking things even if the pet owner dies. Passive attacks nothing even if the owner or pet is attacked.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Hey, welcome to the game!

Just noting there is a specific forum for feedback/suggestions, which may allow SV to see this more than it getting buried in the general forum.

Also, I do know that they are aware of/working on a number of the things you brought up and have been mentioned in the weekly Twitch streams with Henrik (which are generally at 11am PST on Thursdays, a great place to stop by if you want to hear exactly what they're working on and even offer feedback/ask questions directly of the CEO). I've seen multiple times someone ask/suggest something, him consider it and then a few weeks later it's on their roadmap:

mortalonline2 - Twitch

For example, they've acknowledged Node Line issues as basically their #1 priority bug to fix before it gets to release. Render distance is a very delicate balance of performance vs gameplay (ie if you let things load in too early when it can tank performance/network, but if it's too aggressive about only loading in when people are close, then it affects tactical gameplay) and they are looking at the balance there. They've also acknowledged the weight system needs touching up (and they intend to add more potions to affect everything except for race such as age etc).

Useful to pass on your feedback, but also keep in mind that the game launches in just under a month, and they will probably be spending 95% of their time on launch preparations, bug fixing and polishing rather than system tweaks etc which could introduce further instability, but good to get it on their radar.

Dusk

Dec 27, 2021
Hey, welcome to the game!

Just noting there is a specific forum for feedback/suggestions, which may allow SV to see this more than it getting buried in the general forum.

Also, I do know that they are aware of/working on a number of the things you brought up and have been mentioned in the weekly Twitch streams with Henrik (which are generally at 11am PST on Thursdays, a great place to stop by if you want to hear exactly what they're working on and even offer feedback/ask questions directly of the CEO). I've seen multiple times someone ask/suggest something, him consider it and then a few weeks later it's on their roadmap:

mortalonline2 - Twitch

For example, they've acknowledged Node Line issues as basically their #1 priority bug to fix before it gets to release. Render distance is a very delicate balance of performance vs gameplay (ie if you let things load in too early when it can tank performance/network, but if it's too aggressive about only loading in when people are close, then it affects tactical gameplay) and they are looking at the balance there. They've also acknowledged the weight system needs touching up (and they intend to add more potions to affect everything except for race such as age etc).

Useful to pass on your feedback, but also keep in mind that the game launches in just under a month, and they will probably be spending 95% of their time on launch preparations, bug fixing and polishing rather than system tweaks etc which could introduce further instability, but good to get it on their radar.

Indeed indeed I fully understand that most/all of these things have been stated or talked about before and it would be hard for them to fully go into detail to work on many things I had talked about but my main goal is to provide another view point and/or remind them about these things every so often so their might be updates to them throughout time, I also am very hopeful they will accept any models/idea players provide to be added in game. I am quite excited to create creature models and codeing for them to implement if they so find them acceptable to put in their game.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Honestly you'd have better luck of them using your models if you sold it on the unreal assets store. Better for them too since accepting free stuff can be a legal headache. Just sell it for like 5 dollars and link it to them. Way easier

Reactions: Najwalaylah