Game is too Soft

MortalEnjoyer42069

May 4, 2024
The housing decay timers need to be changed. I was watching a house that was decaying for over a week. The house never fell. The owner returned and rebuilt the house. Why is the decay timer so long? If you run out of money for upkeep, which is two months by the way, the house should decay in 24 hours. There are currently no good methods to remove houses. You want to siege that 150g house? Oh that's 500g just to get a "siege window". Ok. Now you need to buy 4x mangs, a tent, have all the resources, and have all the manning to blow up an item that costs 150g. Insane carebear system.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
On top of this, even after having spent all that gold, time and effort, you are made to wait 2 whole days before you can loot anything. 2 days where the owner can log in grab his stuff and log out.

Its really gotten completely ridiculous.

• Wow
Reactions: CherryKush

MortalEnjoyer42069

May 4, 2024
I have recently discovered something troubling. The server is suffering from time drift. A timer that I was tracking was off by a whole 6 hours! What's more troubling is that this seems to imply that SV has set actual timers on houses instead of setting a date in which to execute decay/delete/etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Gnidex

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
On top of this, even after having spent all that gold, time and effort, you are made to wait 2 whole days before you can loot anything. 2 days where the owner can log in grab his stuff and log out.

Its really gotten completely ridiculous.
What?!?!? Who's really in control over there at SV? Has a deranged carebear kidnapped Henrik and holding him at gunpoint or something??!?! 🤣😆🤣

azezal

Mar 27, 2024
I agree. The housing in this game belongs in a theme park, not a game that claims to be hardcore.

Other games like Scum and to an extent Conan exiles get base raiding right.

What really killed off a lot of new players, was not getting ganked by groups of kids camping outside towns. It was that those camper kids could just dump their loot into a stronghold and there was nothing the victim could do about it. Had they been able to ninja siege them while they slept, even if it took months of saving and planning, they would have played on for the prospect of revenge.

Buildings should not be anymore permanent then they are in real life.

Make siege engines constructible in the field, with stone and wood only. Make wild boulder spawn in most places and make boulders do realistic damage. Repairs should take months, just like in real life.

If the above was done, then game would feel less like a themepark with useless villages that never get used anyway everywhere.

For those that say that buildings should be protected because its a pvp game, not a survival game. It's not really a pvp game, considering in a PVP game you have balanced teams. The reason many town camper kids play this instead, is simply because they get wrecked in actual PVP games, so have to rely on overwhelming numbers to win. This is the reason none of them play battle royale games.

If a murderer built a stronghold near a town that he was pillaging, I'm fairly sure it would get destroyed unless he had an army to defend it. If they were all asleep, then the townsfolk would just burn them down.

Maybe SV can add NPC sieges. Every time someones rep goes down by 1, there is a 1% chance their building gets bombed by NPC guards within 24 hrs. Something like 50 guards with Mangs. Even if their offline. This would bring fun back.

Last edited:

ZenWit

Jan 3, 2022
I think they try to give people plenty of time to retrieve their stuff so they don't quit due to large resource losses after sieging.

The house decay timer from not paying rent could prob be shortened though.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think they try to give people plenty of time to retrieve their stuff so they don't quit due to large resource losses after sieging.

It's the slippery slope to ruining the game, though. If you really think about it, there should be siege for gain. Not 'for gain,' but if you can siege something that has mega valuable mats in it, you should get them.

Why is that? Well, it means that you are putting more investment by keeping expensive shit in your TC, OR you have built it in a very valuable area, and those areas should have turnover. MO1 had deeds and you could loot (iirc?) and it wasn't nearly as much of a siege fest as people think. The only time the game got really siegey is when everyone quit. Like late late game.

Before RPK pushed ID alliance out of the game, the game was working pretty well, imo.

I mean, I let houses fall to taxes when I quit, and I admit i left more shit in the main house than I should have, but I knew better than to store ALL of my shit in the house. Your TC should be a waypoint, and if it's your main shit and it gets wiped, then you got defeated. That's normal game play.

The game is actually too soft. There is plenty of place for people who don't wanna invest much in the game. I would fight people for 1000 years in mola and live out of a edit: SMALL (I wrote t1, wasn't a t1) house that I could rebuild any time. People who invest more than that get a lot more out of it, and if they don't regain the value of their investment (like even having a t1 house with benches got me a ridiculous amount of gains,) then they fucked up.

- shrug -

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020

Thats the problem, Henrik wants to give everyone a participation trophy. No meaningful losses ends up in no meaningful fights.

If they already added siege windows and declarations so you cant ninja siege, whats the point in not letting the winner take the spoils?

MortalEnjoyer42069

May 4, 2024
Thats the problem, Henrik wants to give everyone a participation trophy. No meaningful losses ends up in no meaningful fights.

If they already added siege windows and declarations so you cant ninja siege, whats the point in not letting the winner take the spoils?
Exactly. I also drastically disagree with large resource loss. If resources are that valuable to the player they should use a town or TC bank. That shit literally can't be looted. Houses are not intended to have the same functionality as banks given that you can place them anywhere on the map.

Reactions: ElPerro