Future stamina changes

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
This patch stamina changes due to weather made it glaringly obvious that SV needs to be very careful with stamina changes in the future. My greatest concern is that a blanket nerf to weapon stamina usage would affect heavy weapons much more. I do not think its even a debate at this point that 2H swords are vastly overused. Any increase in stamina drain will push even more into light material 2H swords.

Heavy weapons already have a huge stamina use drain - please don't widen that gap further.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
What a world it would be where hot climates would balance towards lighter weapons/armor.
Where heavy Nord would come intent on war. Clad in heavy furs and hot metal. To fall to slowly to nimble pokers in light bok leather on quick mounts.

What a world where min/maxers would be forced to have secondary skills to travel outside their comfort zones (aka home or latitudinal zones)

What a world where races are formed in terrain and weather and scarcity and regional bounty.

What a world where there is diversity.

... .Now aside from the rudimentary poetic... As a non-pvper... Every change should not be anchored in global PvP balance. But in a living/breathing/unbalanced (in logical 'geocentric' (?) ways).
And above all, players should NOT be allowed easy access to all areas/mechanics of the game simply because they pay/play.
But that's just one guys opinion.
Edit: please widen that gap

Last edited:

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
We agree my dude. Were on the same page. I want my niche where I can use a heavy weapon. I don't care where it is. As it stand now - there is no place on the map where heavy weapons are used. 2H swords are the main weapon in every corner of the world. Does that seem like a diverse living world to you? Go to the desert - fight with 2h swords, go to the snowy mountains - fight with 2H swords, go to the jungle - fight with 2H swords. Doesn't seem very living to me. If stamina drain is affected by heat - then people will use light swords EVERYWHERE. I think as a non pvper you have a valid opinion - but you seem to think that stamina being affected by heat will create diversity. When essentially all it would have done was make everyone use the exact same light weapon everywhere. What i meant by widening the gap i meant to say - please do not create changes that kill build diversity and force everyone to play the exact same weapon and armor set.

Reactions: Jybwee

Jasa

Jan 24, 2022
The stamina drain is necessary to the game, I however do 100% agree that the 2h Sword spam is maddening. I've seen more axe/poleweapons and a few hammer users as of late, however a stamina nerf would directly impact the heavy fighter playstyle.

I hope starvault cant find a fix for this, perhaps some Martial Skills (more like passives) that lower stamina drain for Armor / heavy armor training and weapons. That way you can spec into your niche. Also could make weather resistance a thing in Survival or endurance just so people can get some level of climate control.

Praying that SV pulls the bandaid and makes Stamina Drain in the game for weather along with heavier armors, just hope it does not ruin my fav playstyle as a footy/paladin. Give some options to mitigate it, though Everyone in steel+ armor running down/running from mages and ogmirs is not fun.