• Everything but equipped gear

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Something else, please elaborate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
Hey Folks,

what you are thinking about full loot? While i enjoy every hardcore aspect of this game i am here today with a brave proposal, so get your stones and foul vegetables ready!

Restrict loot on inventory items and not equipped gear.

Why? Because of the sake of sustainable PVP. After every death you usually need to regear, which leads to an immense loss of materials. I fought quite a lot of battles and they usually end with one side naked or unwilling to re-engange. Some would argue that this a natural end for a fight, but my opinion is (and ive been on both sides of this problem) that this usually happens when the pvp starts to get interesting.

to spare you guys from a wall of text i will end this here and elaborate more in the hopefully lively discussion!

cheers strycio

Piet

May 28, 2020
Gear is made with the knowledge it will be lost easy. You can pump out a set of gear in a couple minutes. You fighting naked or unwilling to re engage is called gear fear, you will get over it.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
This has been proposed 100s of times since MO1. Looting restrictions like this(What we call 'soul bound') are not in the spirit of Mortal Online, the only exceptions being spells books and worn short swords.

You mess with what can and can't be looted, you affect the crafting and player driven economy aspect negatively. PvP is one of the main aspects that affect demand and supply of mats and equipment.

Utilize budget kit if you want to just randomly PvP. I have my low - mid tier kits which I use for quick regears for your average PvP and meme arounds, then my higher tier kits for the more serious stuff.

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
This is what these forums have devolved to. No wonder the devs or Henrik almost never interact here.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
This thread has no valid reason to be here. It's the opposite of posting Quail roasting recipes on a bird watching forum.

You do realize topics, such as these, have been immensely more prevalent on the Discord which they use more actively to communicate with the community; right?

I don't see the problem personally. You have an opinion, make it known and show others why you think so. It's weird to discredit what someone wants without any reason.

I mean, don't get me wrong - I disagree with it 100% and I made it pretty blunt in the way I responded. I'd prefer if the game didn't change genres to suit others, as there isn't many other hardcore sandbox games with first person combat in a medieval-esque / dark fantasy setting.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Full loot pvp is THE main selling point of this game…..what you playing at dawg? Stop slippin n trippin….

Last edited:

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
Full loot extends beyond PvP. You have crafters who spend their time learning the materials, gathering process, and recipes that work to provide equipment to the population. You can have a player learning what materials are good for what, a player that will take on the supplier role whether that's getting it themselves or buying from other players, and a player that tries the various crafting combinations.

Without dropping everything if you die in a fight and you kept your equipment this would put less thought on the previously mentioned tasks. With losing it you would have to take into consideration more preparation with having backup equipment sets. If you go and win a battle then great you can bring home more equipment that'll cut down on some of that preparation time or perhaps you sell it to help someone else down the line by being able to pay someone for their service.

One system I do think needs some more thought was the trinket system in MO1 where your rings and amulets were not dropped but instead it was a gold sink where you only lost gold from paying to charge it. It would turn into who can farm this PvE content and get lucky more than anyone else to boost their skills as long as they have the gold to sink into charging it. I would get jealous knowing someone had trinkets that saved them 60 skill points in their build but at the same time I would dread ever losing something that fit my build so well if I had the trinkets.

Weathermore

Apr 5, 2021
There is not, and likely never will be, enough content for this game to not be full loot. The entire premise is based on full loot. If you do not lose gear, you can perma-Zerg enemy cities, as well as burn through most of the content (of which is mostly there as grind filler) very quickly with no risk.

without risk, there is no compelling gameplay offered in MO2

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
the only concession i would make would be to keep one totally random thing in your inventory ; but i want armor and wep to lose like 20% dura each time it drop

Last edited: