From a New Player

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Honestly Red and Grey whenever you attack someone is so stupid its for idiots. Everyone should be blue at all times period. Murder counts are stupid. When I killed another person in RL they don't report me for murder. Attempted murder I understand. He tried to kill me and I got away and I don't know his name. Names shouldn't even be shown in game. This game needs alot of work. If your asking how you identify players. Give them cuts like most biker clubs and if they don't belong to one they get a blank cut or no cut.
Thissss, yes definitely lol, that would be something out of the mainstream bullshit.

Imagine theres people in these forums thta would like red (murderer) tag on characters lmao.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Honestly Red and Grey whenever you attack someone is so stupid its for idiots. Everyone should be blue at all times period. Murder counts are stupid. When I killed another person in RL they don't report me for murder. Attempted murder I understand. He tried to kill me and I got away and I don't know his name. Names shouldn't even be shown in game. This game needs alot of work. If your asking how you identify players. Give them cuts like most biker clubs and if they don't belong to one they get a blank cut or no cut.

Sound like a reverse carebear.

Reactions: Kaquenqos

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
You guys want everyone to be blue to you can hide. You dont want guards to far outside of town so you can townline pk. But you want guards in town that protect you with murder counts removed. You hide behind guard just as much as the people you accost but yet..the guardless towns are so vacant you can hear a pin drop.

You want your cake and eat it too and thats hilarious.

5+ murder should be always red. A true sign that you are who you claim to be.

Reactions: Kaquenqos

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
EVE is the gold standard for colors done properly. The game itself has tags to clue players into other people potentially being a threat but more importantly players/corporations(guilds)/alliances can manage reputations of other players/corps/alliances so that they/their members can see at a glance if they're looking at an ally/enemy.

I'd settle for not being able to see the game automatically flag someone as a threat so long as I can do it myself like EVE.

D

Deleted member 44

I once killed a naked guy on a horse, who masked himself as having gone for a horse taming run. He had 3 horses. The guy had 700 gold in his inventory.
Pretty smart if you ask me, but I kill everyone, regardless of what they wear, or what they don't wear for that matter, it makes no difference to me.
I don't discriminate. Sometimes i talk to them, but very rarely.

Many times Ive let people live and regretted it, because not 2 minutes later they would group up with more people and gank me and my friends. You will find that people in this game have absolutely no gratitude for your act of mercy. Why should I or any PVP player have any mercy for them?

And also, why should i roleplay my killings? What's the point? I start talking to you and i let my guard down and your friends struck me from behind. Or, i start talking to you, and a random passerby on a horse gets away because I didn't kill you fast enough. No thanks.

You can't tell someone how to play their game, don't try to.
Exactly. Mercy is weakness and weakness leads to death.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
only issue with no name in this game is you need to report people like hackers or cheaters. Other then its mainly opinion on skill floor. I guess also tgroe in that models being sceen through a screen look similar and you dont have facial features to tell people apart.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Seriously, what kills MO and games like it is this, in this order:
1) game design that doesn't account for people like you
2) people like you

You basically want a game that only people who abuse and grief broken mechanics get to participate. The fact that you are even considering having an MMORPG in which no names show up on characters says all that needs to be said about your understanding of good game design. You're talking about biker-gangs as your foundation for game-design. You act like you think you are predators, but you are just sinking, asap, a game that made the mistake of giving you too much freedom. It's embarrassing.

The fact is, nobody is going to want to play the version of the game you guys are proposing. But people might want to play a game that actually has sensible incentives & groundworks for PvP, and doesn't revolve around intentionally giving people who think they are edgelord e-predators the first swing every single time.

I have never played an MMO with a PvP system this broken. Nobody is saying RPK needs to go. But you guys sitting here puffing your chests and patting each others' backs about how hard the streets of MO need to be in response is comical... As if having comprehensive mechanics to PvP would ruin the game. It's honestly pretty funny. Yes, having a flag system that encouraged any accountability will ruin the game... Blue-bombing, local-greys, horse-griefing to abuse said mechanics, all that terrible design, great for the game... Yep... Well, if that's what it's supposed to be like, I can guarantee you most people will gladly pass it up.

BTW, Shmerrick don't you have horses you should be griefing or...?

Last edited:
Reactions: Exiledkhallisi

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
The game gives the false impression that there is justice to be found inside its systems. I do understand why new players are mislead into thinking they are entitled to a certain experience rather than an actual social sandbox.

There should be no flags or guards from the very start and it should be made clear to the player what to expect. Learning to deal with loss and harm is something most games lack these days. It also creates a string incentive to find a winning strategy which encourages roleplay and social play.

Currently SV only cares about early retention and they've muddied the original vision to the point where early supporters barely recognize the game. Yet they are still nostalgic enough to keep some of hardcore elements which is confusing.

I do wonder what the restructuring of the team will mean for develoment. Hopefully the part of the team that is pushing against anything hardcore will have their fuck ups revealed and moved elsewhere. I do think there is a chance that henrik will then be able to steer the game back into something fun.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Seriously, what kills MO and games like it is this, in this order:
1) game design that doesn't account for people like you
2) people like you

You basically want a game that only people who abuse and grief broken mechanics get to participate. The fact that you are even considering having an MMORPG in which no names show up on characters says all that needs to be said about your understanding of good game design. You're talking about biker-gangs as your foundation for game-design. You act like you think you are predators, but you are just sinking, asap, a game that made the mistake of giving you too much freedom. It's embarrassing.

The fact is, nobody is going to want to play the version of the game you guys are proposing. But people might want to play a game that actually has sensible incentives & groundworks for PvP, and doesn't revolve around intentionally giving people who think they are edgelord e-predators the first swing every single time.

I have never played an MMO with a PvP system this broken. Nobody is saying RPK needs to go. But you guys sitting here puffing your chests and patting each others' backs about how hard the streets of MO need to be in response is comical... As if having comprehensive mechanics to PvP would ruin the game. It's honestly pretty funny. Yes, having a flag system that encouraged any accountability will ruin the game... Blue-bombing, local-greys, horse-griefing to abuse said mechanics, all that terrible design, great for the game... Yep... Well, if that's what it's supposed to be like, I can guarantee you most people will gladly pass it up.

BTW, Shmerrick don't you have horses you should be griefing or...?
And you know whats good game design all i see here are tears from another random noob that wants this game to be another mainstream bullshit themepark.

This game has the opportunity to be something out of the box and people like you think it should be another TESO.

Whats the next brillant idea, an arena to fill up with those predators and psychopats? Roflmao

I don't see how a diegetic approach of the given information about other players Is so terrible. Oh thats right, i guess people want dumbed down mechanics to be confy with the game design, as stupid and literal as possible.

I guess people can't be troubled to use their brain and accept the fact that a total stranger could indeed be a threat. But lets just add red nicknames for murderers so noobs wont quit the game after getting killed, because it really makes sense.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The game gives the false impression that there is justice to be found inside its systems. I do understand why new players are mislead into thinking they are entitled to a certain experience rather than an actual social sandbox.

There should be no flags or guards from the very start and it should be made clear to the player what to expect. Learning to deal with loss and harm is something most games lack these days. It also creates a string incentive to find a winning strategy which encourages roleplay and social play.

Currently SV only cares about early retention and they've muddied the original vision to the point where early supporters barely recognize the game. Yet they are still nostalgic enough to keep some of hardcore elements which is confusing.

I do wonder what the restructuring of the team will mean for develoment. Hopefully the part of the team that is pushing against anything hardcore will have their fuck ups revealed and moved elsewhere. I do think there is a chance that henrik will then be able to steer the game back into something fun.

Exacly often the ones that want the game to have stronger punitive systems to condition player behavior It's because they don't understand and they ain't willing to understand the social aspect of the game.