French Translation

Tankoua

Oct 6, 2020
Hi,

for MO 2, if you are looking for someone to translate the game into french i can help.

See ya

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Is there that many people that speak French who dont speak Spanish or English?

Im honestly wondering. I have no idea.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Is there that many people that speak French who dont speak Spanish or English?

Im honestly wondering. I have no idea.
a huge ammount really. I cannot tell you the ammount of people who got driven away or just couldnt go into MO due to this. Mostly because most of the important informations were relayed in English on the forums , and without english in-game your socials abilities were very limited.

Even on basic vocabulary like the one we use commonly in fight " back , push, focus, peal " they were lost. Some people have the language bareer so important in their mind,they believe they cannot learn because they do not understand the language, they stick to this, and never evolve really.

I know if i work on the community forum i was working during MO1 , the first and most redundant question people will ask me is if they finally translated the game, and things about that.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
haha so the french will probably form their own guild, unable to communicate with other just like RUS and ES. Those always made for hilarious fights.

Many years ago we had Russians, Germans and French and others in the EVIL alliance, which worked pretty well.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Many years ago we had Russians, Germans and French and others in the EVIL alliance, which worked pretty well.

That is actually what I´m talking about. I was in SIN for quite some time. I remember a few fights were the RUS guys basically did their own thing and no one could talk to them. It was kinda sad funny, since they usually just fought to the last man and then were kinda sad we left them to die.

ES had the same problems from time to time when they had no one online that would speak adequate english.

I think it´s good that there will be national guils, they add a certain spice to sandboxes and I´d rather have more players than less. The only thing that suffers a little is roleplay, but then you can always pretend they speak some kind of dialect no one understands.

D

Dracu

Well SV has different language options and i hope they start with these into persistent. Else a big amount of players might not play it. Especially the young ones who may not be fluent in english yet.
Also not everyone grows up with english. I know some people who cant speak english.

German translation please.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Mhmm didnt know that thanks for the info @Keurk

I hope they look at this and put all these languages into translation for the game. Google gave me this answer when asking about most used languages.

Languages: most-spoken language: English 15.1%, Mandarin Chinese 14.9%, Hindi 8.2%, Spanish 7.1%, French 3.7%, Arabic 3.7%, Bengali 3.5%, Russian 3.4%, Portuguese 3.1%, Indonesian 2.7%

SV should have at least have the top 8 most used languages. They have a good start though.

Reactions: Keurk