Forcing players to interact with others for crafting purposes is great, but one character per account locks us to one combat playstyle.

Is this a concern you share?

• Yes, I would like to explore more combat options on a single account

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • No, I like the current system as it is. One character per account. Make the choice.

Votes: 57 64.0%

• Total voters

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
Again, read the topic before commenting.

All characters on an account would share the various reputations to be found in the game, and joining a guild is account wide, not per character.

Are you okay, bro?

I'm not talking about npc reputation. When a player goes around on a killing spree, other players will remember the name. A player that is constantly killing will get hunted. With multiple characters per account, a player with bad fame (bad fame with other players) could easily log into his other characters to wait out the heat.

Inventory would also be a problem.

Only way would be to share character names, inventory and pretty much share everything except combat skills and race/cladegifts. That would not be a new character anymore. Why not suggest for loadouts? makes more sense lol.

My point is ( to be clear, cause it seems you need a map to be drawn) that multiple characters per account would have many problems that cannot be fixed.

If not being able to try other combat styles is your fear, then multiple characters is not the solution.

Probably only a few people will recall the original plan in Mortal Online to have a so-called "Deva" system, where characters would share a singular oversoul, which included things like shared flagging (Followed the path of a murderer? That reflects on your soul itself, and thus all of your characters are murderers.) and some basic shared skills called "World Skills".

If profession points were limited to 1100 and tied to the deva rather than each character getting their own 1100 points, two characters per account would probably be perfectly viable.

Last edited:

PoniGO

Mar 23, 2021
you know that you have 1100 combat points and 1200 crafting points?
and that crafting skills must not be 100 and have the same properties beside dura. 70 skill points are enough.
SO you can do a lot of stuff with your one char.
You lied to me young man, 70 points are not enough for crafting everything, just checked on weapons, armor, bows Daplewood shortbow 70 skill 15 damage and 100 skill is 21 damage with max lores, the difference is very large, on more expensive materials the difference will be even more noticeable, making shit bows for yourself and shit weapons do not respect yourself, when was the last time you entered the game ???

PoniGO

Mar 23, 2021
In the MO1 I have a butcher-armor-bow-maker and so he himself FARM(Shore prowlers, Sators, spiders, wolves, bears) and extracted almost all the necessary materials without any additional skills in actions... And all my combat characters did not need any crafting skills, maximum cooking...

Last edited:

nazgo

May 29, 2020
I did. You want multiple characters, one crafting the other for combat with the ability to switch combat styles. I'm against that and so is the design of the game.

but the problem is, the design of the game is also against having just 1 character. Make a lean hybrid? You wont be effective at pve. Make a proper archer? You cant farm most of the mobs. Basic mage? Cant do shit in pve. Mounted character? You cut half of the pve content off as you cant play on foot.

The current design of the game pretty much encourages people to make a stock foot fighter, as they are by far the best all-around builds, and have multiple accounts for testing and fun builds.

Soupy

Jun 3, 2020
You underestimate the veteran players of this game. All they have is weeks/months to throw down the drain to find the perfect builds for every playstyle. Don't worry your pretty little head. We'll figure it out so you don't have to.

Lethality

Mar 19, 2021
Allow multiple characters per account, however the catch is only ONE of them is allowed to have profession skill points. The others only have action points to spend. All characters on an account would share the various reputations to be found in the game, and joining a guild is account wide, not per character.

The above idea came from a guild member while we were talking in Discord about how it will suck to be stuck to a single playstyle combat wise unless we choose to reroll or can bankroll another account entirely. I imagine nearly everyone could have come up with the same idea or already has... bottom line it would resolve one of our biggest fears with the game long term, that fear being lack of opportunity to try new combat methods without throwing weeks / months of character progression down the drain.

Want to force people to interact with others for crafting purposes? Great. Don't make us lose out on an opportunity to try new combat playstyles while you're at it. Some days I want my quick DEX focused Archer, others I may want to try magic... and then perhaps a STRENGTH based melee fighter. There are so many options in this game, and all I ask is for the ability to explore them all (Or at least several of them) on a single account.

I prefer the idea that each player is... unique player. They can't just go "grab an alt".

If you want another character for combat, then another account should be fine, since there are no "account wide" perks anyway. And there should not be. That again waters down that character's accomplishments.

Strilan

May 28, 2020
I can't have just one character to play with.

So I got three:

sQfrUiK.png

*edit*

More to come.

Personally, I need at least 6 characters to enjoy the game the way I want to. I CANNOT do it with one.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PoniGO and Castiel

Castiel

Feb 25, 2021

So I got three:

sQfrUiK.png

*edit*

More to come.

Personally, I need at least 6 characters to enjoy the game the way I want to. I CANNOT do it with one.

I got 2 myself and got the wife an accountant as well. #Hardcore

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
I'm proud of the community for voting No on the majority. Let's put it this way. If you played an MMO back in the days you'll know that everyone had to dependant on others making the social aspect of the more meaningful them fucking WoW came out and every class could do everything and the game became honestly a massive single player game until raids and even then you could q up and not have a conversation and be done with it. Games like that get stale. Theres a reason why time locked servers are a thing in Everquest and why barely anyone plays EQ2.

The good news about this game is .. you can max your character out in waaaayyyy less time than other MMOs.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021

Problem is people these days want to enjoy games their way. Their way to enjoy a game doesn't mean its how every one wants to enjoy it.

It should not be that way. People should enjoy the game the way the devs want them to. It's the dev's vision after all, and not the vision of the players. Thankfully Star Vault knows this and they are only doing minor changes to appeal for a bigger audience.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
but the problem is, the design of the game is also against having just 1 character. Make a lean hybrid? You wont be effective at pve. Make a proper archer? You cant farm most of the mobs. Basic mage? Cant do shit in pve. Mounted character? You cut half of the pve content off as you cant play on foot.

The game is not made for a single player to take on the whole world.

You want to make an archer? then know you will need other players to help you out. That's the core idea of Mortal Online, for players to help each other.

There is no jack of all trades in this game.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
All this talk is kind of moot folks. Think about it. What's stopping anyone from just buying multiple accounts? Will they police ISP or something? No way SV wants to sell as much as it can of course. So multiple accounts are going to happen whether or not you try to limit each individual account.

nazgo

May 29, 2020
The game is not made for a single player to take on the whole world.

You want to make an archer? then know you will need other players to help you out. That's the core idea of Mortal Online, for players to help each other.

There is no jack of all trades in this game.

ideally thats the design, but its not. If I pick a basic foot fighter, I am a jack of all trades

we already saw that in mo1, and the core designs have not changed as drastically as they should had when they made the decision to reduce the char slots

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
You lied to me young man, 70 points are not enough for crafting everything, just checked on weapons, armor, bows Daplewood shortbow 70 skill 15 damage and 100 skill is 21 damage with max lores, the difference is very large, on more expensive materials the difference will be even more noticeable, making shit bows for yourself and shit weapons do not respect yourself, when was the last time you entered the game ???
Bows are broken with the 70skill. Henrik already said in the stream that 70 skill will have the same dmg and stuff and only dura difference.
Same with weapons and armor. And bows but bwos are currently broken.

PoniGO

Mar 23, 2021
Bows are broken with the 70skill. Henrik already said in the stream that 70 skill will have the same dmg and stuff and only dura difference.
Dude you think i check only bows?? I check all craft when levelup it, armor, weapons atm

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
Probably only a few people will recall the original plan in Mortal Online to have a so-called "Deva" system, where characters would share a singular oversoul, which included things like shared flagging (Followed the path of a murderer? That reflects on your soul itself, and thus all of your characters are murderers.) and some basic shared skills called "World Skills".

If profession points were limited to 1100 and tied to the deva rather than each character getting their own 1100 points, two characters per account would probably be perfectly viable.

I would rather have you choose your Deva to be linked to either actions or professions, so that more active pvp players could have 2 figher playstyles, while trading-oriented players could have 2 crafter-style characters

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa

the 70 point thing was meant for the future. it is not implemented in game yet (and maybe won't be for quite some time).

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Combat is actually the area I'm most content to be restricted to a single account.

What I would really love to see is the profession skill-cap fully lifted and then the time to max a profession skill increased to like 1-2 years of active play. In doing so it makes it impossible to fully max everything and that's your limit that promotes interdependency.

But by doing it to only the profession side you're not increasing the time new players need to grind to be viable in PvP (Because if they did that, I'm out. Long PvE grinds for combat skills have no place in PvP games IMO.)

Two huge upsides of this system (beyond the fact skillcaps are generally a crap system and most any other system is superior) is that:

A. In the current system with short profession grinds only restricted by skillcaps per account, it is easy for one player to do everything. If they pay-to-win enough accounts. This would massively reduce the effectiveness of pay-to-win.
B. Some people are concerned that it is too easy to remake a character to get rid of murder counts or escape a name when you trash your reputation too hard. Darn near-infinite potential in crafting progression severely punishes this, as the most effective way to progress as a crafter is to make one account and stick with it forever. Players who remake frequently could never become effective crafters.

One thing worth noting is stats of most crafted items cap at 70 while durability caps at 100 skill. This is entirely fine. I at least would continue to work at getting above 70 professions because durability increases the cost-effectiveness of items.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grasthard