For the love of God, give us some proper wardecs

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
This is absurd. We're at "war" with like half the people in MK region, none of which we started btw. Since there's only a handful of us and so many enemies, our guys loosing rep like crazy and have to spend good part of the day doing the MOST BORING quest in the history of boring quests. We're not RPK you know. Never kill an untagged player, only those we're at "war" with. AAAND our enemies won't even accept wardecs! Like, for real? How are we supposed to act when we see a player who is, informally, our enemy? Just pass by and hope we don't get an arrow in the back or what?

I KIND OF understand the reasoning behind not accepting wardecs from small guilds, but the current system simply unfair and stupid and have no place in a PvP game. I'd rather be forced wardec'd by every zerg guild in the game than deal with this bs.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk the problem is of you could force a war dec toxic players would just abuse it by declaring war on everyone. And then it would defeat the purpose of safe zones and reputation to begin with so

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
Idk the problem is of you could force a war dec toxic players would just abuse it by declaring war on everyone. And then it would defeat the purpose of safe zones and reputation to begin with so

Forceable wardecs have worked in Eve-Online just fine. There's some rules, there's some upkeep, but the defenders don't get to just say "no, thanks!" when issued a wardec. In Eve; if you don't "own" property you can't get wardec'd (to protect the noobs from toxic players). Surely smart folks can think up proper thresholds for wardec eligibility here, too.

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
MO1 had forced war decks for most of it's life. Player guilds would often target guilds of newer players and it was not good for player retention. Experienced player guilds would just hop to an alt guild they already had set up if they did not want to fight.

PVP taking place outside of the protective areas around towns could be exempted from the reputation system. Or guild controlled areas could be set to an open pvp status if that guild desired such. Incentivizing guild vs guild pvp to take place away from npc towns.

These and other ideas were discussed in great detail on the MO1 forums for a decade to little effect. I just accept that MO2 is a very flawed game and enjoy the things I like about it at this point.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
MO1 had forced war decks for most of it's life. Player guilds would often target guilds of newer players and it was not good for player retention. Experienced player guilds would just hop to an alt guild they already had set up if they did not want to fight.

PVP taking place outside of the protective areas around towns could be exempted from the reputation system. Or guild controlled areas could be set to an open pvp status if that guild desired such. Incentivizing guild vs guild pvp to take place away from npc towns.

These and other ideas were discussed in great detail on the MO1 forums for a decade to little effect. I just accept that MO2 is a very flawed game and enjoy the things I like about it at this point.
People have brought up countless ways to mitigate or solve those issues. There is no excuse to not have forced wardecs.

Apr 11, 2021
Gaul'kor
If your guild ends up in a forced war, just quit your guild for the time being. Do people not understand this work around?

Or better yet, keep your fighting characters guilded and logged out together and instead of letting people log in randomly or by themselves to get ganked.. become more coordinated and arrange for everyone to log on and fight the opposing guild.

People never come up with realistic solutions such as..

1. Getting allies.
2. Hiring mercenaries.
3. Brokering and negotiating deals.

I just provided 3 ways to sandbox your way through a war you didn't want but people instead complain how it's not fair and that they don't deserve it.

Who are you to decide what you do and don't deserve? I lived in GK early on in the beta and I had 16 guilds consistently camping priests and attempting to make mine and my guilds play time as worse as they possibly could, and you know what's absolutely stupid? They only would fight us in GK with a massive group because we couldn't take the fight to them in cities given war is by mechanic consensual.

A guild griefs your guild in town, but the only way to get back at them is grief them back and suffer a penalty for attacking players who attack you.

I'm not sure why people haven't wrapped their head around this idea that war is a tool used to enforce presence. The game is supposed to draw on elements of a sandbox which allows me to make unique decisions that influence how things work. Why am I not allowed to declare war on people who at every turn disturb me?

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
People have brought up countless ways to mitigate or solve those issues. There is no excuse to not have forced wardecs.
I don't think you've been a costumer of Star Vault long enough understand what it takes to get them to admit a change they made was a mistake. Along with making lots of forum posts I hope you can also move Heaven and Earth.

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Could have 2 versions of wardec maybe? Like A is outside of town, can't decline it (basically just pvp without reploss) and B that is the current system (kill in town but isnt forced)

i understand this might be a pain to implement? Just random idea i had.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Could have 2 versions of wardec maybe? Like A is outside of town, can't decline it (basically just pvp without reploss) and B that is the current system (kill in town but isnt forced)

i understand this might be a pain to implement? Just random idea i had.
Wardecs are used to fight zergs so it needs to beable to force in town fights. The way to balance is to give it a cost that happens over time and more cost depending on how many more players the attacking guild has. limit it to single towns and outside of towns in the empire. So if you want to war dec a guild in fabernum and they leave to Meduli then you will have to war dec them in meduli again while paying for the dec in fabernum unless you want to drop the fab dec and let them come back to fab.

You also have cost that have a max limit like costing guild rep which a guild can only stock up on a max of 50 as a example with a cost of 10 per wardec and 5 per day that they have to farm instead of funnel gold which is easy to get.