Footmage Character build (Help)

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I’m looking to know if anyone has found the optimal footmage build not interested in Obese Huergar but a footmage build

I want to start leveling my mage character for end of February

If anyone knows or has a pretty good idea post below please.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I wouldnt worry that much about making a mage build until mage is in the game, there may be more character wipes. But stout sheevra min height age 23 will prob be good. Fit veela age 23 will prob go a tad faster but ur hp will suck and less mana. Stout sheevra should go same speed as fit sheevra, so stout for more hp. Overweight may be an option depending on speed cap numbers (you may not lose speed) but I wouldnt roll it without testing it. You can easily test speed caps by making a new character starting with max dext at the weight you want. I havent bothered doing a lot of testing tho.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I wouldnt worry that much about making a mage build until mage is in the game, there may be more character wipes. But stout sheevra min height age 23 will prob be good. Fit veela age 23 will prob go a tad faster but ur hp will suck and less mana. Stout sheevra should go same speed as fit sheevra, so stout for more hp. Overweight may be an option depending on speed cap numbers (you may not lose speed) but I wouldnt roll it without testing it. You can easily test speed caps by making a new character starting with max dext at the weight you want. I havent bothered doing a lot of testing tho.

I have two accounts so I have two characters so just wanted to get a head start on my mage

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, I have my build and I'm not sharing. :p I hate the idea of fat mages anyway.

The problem is attributes are currently still buggy and there are many parts where current calculations are wrong, including even the amount of attribute points you get to spend and I'm not quite sure how much of an impact movement speed will have this time since they are trying to balance this. So we have to wait until all that is ironed out.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
The important question is how big will the impact of INT on the spells be.
In MO1 the "basic" foot spells (thunderslash, smaller healing) barely increased in strength between 60 and 120 int. So it was sufficient to have only 60 int.
Therefore it's not worth (if spells scaling stays like MO1) to go for a Tindremic/Sarducaan build, which reaches ~106 int, while still being faster than a Huegar. If you now make that build bony it reaches 116 int, which adds ~10 bonus damage to flamestrike, comepared with 115 int. But the build has only ~100 life. Then the questions is if this additional speed is really worth the HP penalty compared to a normal weight Huegar (which should be able to reach 116 int without any weight change). Or 126 on bony...

Last edited:
Reactions: Xunila and Putzin

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
There is a general huge imbalance between attributes, as I've said many times before. They need to give Int and Psy more effects and generally diversify by adding more uses for them like Int based melee, Str based magic etc.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
The subjective best in MO was overweight ( I think min height age 23) Veela. It ran 243 and had 190+ hp. not quite as much mana as sheevra, but much better hp.
I don't know how it will transfer to MO2.

Reactions: Putzin