Footarcher improvements

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think a Skill that make you consume less stamina if you run with a drawn bow and a skill that make your Bow to melee weapon switch faster would improve the footarcher. They are not viable at all atm !

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The Shortbow should deal more damage, if you land a headshot (weakspot hit) if you play a foot archer ! Maybe the ammount of armor ignored could be different depending if you hit a players head or if you hit the head of an armored horse. It is much more easy to hit the head of a horse then to hit the head of a moving player, which should eb rewarded and should deal more damage as a headshot with a longbow !

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I think a Skill that make you consume less stamina if you run with a drawn bow and a skill that make your Bow to melee weapon switch faster would improve the footarcher. They are not viable at all atm !

Aiming Technique does that already for stamina reduction.

But the best fix they can do for weapons slots is go back to the original UE4 inventory system.

two, one handed slots, and one two handed slots.

Shields, and all one handed weapons count as one handed slots.
bows, and all two handed weapons count as two handed slots.

Easy solve.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They need to make archery hit harder on the ground and prol nerf the curve.

Honestly, when you think about it lore + short bow has made this game all same META. Almost everyone can afford the 80 str to fire a crep bow or the 88 or w/e it requires to fire a dense right. Conclusion: bow dmg from mount 2 mob (or horse) is much too high!

On the ground, it makes sense, kind of.

The problem w/ shooting on the ground is that people aren't where they seem, even tho it's client side. You have to find where their optimal hitbox is, and I'd still argue that it's too small. If it was a little bigger, the way the game is now, it'd be enough. The mistake people make about foot archer is they fire one shot too many generally and get hit. Nobody should ever hit you melee if you are an archer, that's dumbin', and if they are gonna get you, you should easily have time to put away your wep.

I am rolling almost foot archer. I unspecced aggressive for marks. I am pveing well obv (and marks isn't leveling rippp,) but I haven't tried foot archer fr yet, cept a potshot I took out of town to keep some guy grey haha.

In general mounted archery and prol short bows need a biggu nerf. Not @ players but v everything else. But if you have the patience and can watch how your team moves, you can bang people w/ arrows. You can probably sneak in pretty close, too. You just gotta head shot. It's not as hard to head shot people who are fighting, but it's still not easy. The thing is, most foot archers would be dead by the time the fight reached that point lol.

Reactions: Hodo