few things would be nice to have before the big stress test the end of March

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
following the recent email from SV, it's my understanding that in just a short span of 3 days (18 to 22 march), we will be testing almost more features at once than ever implemented in a single patch, which will include:

- mounts
- tindrem
- character progression (ie skilling up from 0 i guess?)
- haven
- new AI of new creatures
- walking dead

now being optimistic, this large bunch of features at once can result in a big cluste***k.

the addition of few small features could really help us test all those in the very limited amount of time:

- ability to add or remove attribute points (doesn't need to be new interface, would take too long. a simple chat command could do). Self-explanatory, as re-statting characters take ages and is a waste of time.

- ability to add skill points to any skill (as above, could be just a chat command). with 3 days and a single account/character is highly unlikely to properly max skills etc (things like combat manouvering for instance, or high-end refining).

- binding loot to inventories: like it was few patches ago, let armor/weapons stay in your inventory after death, just for te sake of ease the testing process.

needless to say all these things need to be removed before the persistent release.

please add any other suggestin you think could be useful to improve/speed up the testing process beforee the big stress test (which I believe will anticipare the permement release, and if done without proper testing it will be a big mess)

lord_yoshi

Oct 3, 2020
I'm not sure you realize this, but testing all of these systems as they will be at persistent is the point.

Grasthard

Nov 21, 2020
Okinawa
I'm not sure you realize this, but testing all of these systems as they will be at persistent is the point.

yes, but testing all these things in 3 days is not really feasible, considering it takes multiple days to max certain skills, and it takes like 2 hours to travel around the map (ie Tindrom to Toxai) without rerolling char (and losing all the skills and attributes you already leveled on another)

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
yes, but testing all these things in 3 days is not really feasible, considering it takes multiple days to max certain skills, and it takes like 2 hours to travel around the map (ie Tindrom to Toxai) without rerolling char (and losing all the skills and attributes you already leveled on another)

Yes, but for a lot of testing you don´t need a finished character. Also only those who haven´t bought the game only have 3 days. Lets be real, most of them will jump in the game, run around and maybe try to kill a guy. The real testing will be done by those who are already doing it.

I´m still hoping for SV to change up skill gain to a more sensible system, but at least it should be confirmed that it´s working. Imagine they launching into persistent and 50% of all skills are broken and can´t be raised.

You can ghost anywhere rather rapidly, so I don´t see the problem with exploring and bug reporting at all.