Few things that are important to make before Epic games release!

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022

1. To add Veteran system asap:

Ok, we have new content Elementalism and Beast mastery before that, that is great job, the game grows quite quick. From other hand, how can we participate or test the new content? Someone makes new alts, someone just ignore new content, but the sad thing that some players have to sacrifice there builds they like, just to test something new, as we have quite small cap of skill points. The more fluent way is to add new character slots (I already made topic about it) or to add veteran system asap (better to add both).
Henrik said that we will be able to vote for the content we want to see in the game. I recommend to vote for Veteran System, as it suits for all players, regardless of the play-style.

2. SV have to change irrelevant attitude to the bugs:

From patch: “Added crash recovery for scenarios that cannot be handled by Unreal Engine’s crash reporter. The player will be sent back to the main menu with an error message that is automatically sent to the developers instead of the game silently crashing to the desktop.”

At the moment it looks like that SV just adding bugs to their production pipeline, so they can fix it sometimes, in comfort way.
Here is my example: I started to play MO2 with GTX680, 4gb vram (quite old video card but it is higher than the game minimum requirements). Yeah, minimum graphic settings, low fps, but I can’t remember any crash problems at start. Then some kind of optimization patch came in summer, after that 100% UE4 crashes with DirectX12 right at start, and solid crashes with DirectX11 from once in a week, to 10 in a day. Every time I got UE4 crash bug-report window with check box, that they can have my logs, I wrote a bunch of in game report about it. I heard on steams that they know about some kind of GeForce problems, but about 5 months gone and nothing changed. I changed card to GTX1660S and UE4 crashes gone but is clear for me that the thing was not in some kind of video card mistakes, but in a lack of relevant support of my old card/video chip in MO2. MO2 was the only game that crashed (even Star Citizen alpha wasn’t), and I tested the card in 4 different video tests - not a single error.

I fill like such things like crashes and bugs which greatly affect the game mechanics (like it was with invisible weapon or disappearance of an items in inventory/chests) should be fixed immediately after their detection and not after months, otherwise SV will lose a huge share of players, especially new one.

3. Imho it is better to unbound bonus skill points from main character stats, in a game where you can (and sometimes have to) change stats:

From patch: "Rebalanced the lower weight classes attribute modifiers, there are now more benefits to weighing less."
Imho developers should say what exactly and at what values they have changed, taking into account that people spend hours planning their characters in builder, to have benefits that they need. One of the problems here that weight bound to main stats and stats bound to bonus skill points (especially to intelligence in crafting skills).

Let’s say I have obese/bulging char, and I want to rebuild it back to lean weight variant because of those new benefits. So, if I’ll be -20 int, all my zoology, lores, etc. won’t be max at 100, but become 98-99. For some crafting skills it won’t matter much, but imagine you are an alchemist, so it is really important for you to have exact values to make proper tests, or imagine you have to remax all animal materials, petrology or metallurgy lores.
This problem came not with this patch, let’s say you could change character from arcane-archer into mage in quite easy way, but it is quite pain for crafters to change back from mage in to arcane-archer.
Some fat-mages and other crafters might suffer if they’ll lose part of bonus skill points, but it depends how SV would implement unbound processes. You would be able to fill up the gap in a future, with veteran system.
Look at EvE online, main stats of character matter how fast you’ll get a certain skills in the game, but if you change stats you won’t lose any skill points. Also, i really like the way you can develop character in EvE online when you can learn everything in theory, but you can’t learn everything in fact.

What do you think, about that?