Feedback: Why was Fishing Nerfed? This skill is not rewarding to the player anymore vs other methods of obtaining wealth

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I have taken a break but I came back, and It's really sad to see the state of the game has not improved. Fishing is just completely nerfed to the ground bigger fish snap line faster and time to reel in is too long for those big prize catches that are worth the gold, especially when compared to other methods of farming gold. Why would I fish Black WhiskerFish or whatever else when I can make faster gold hitting the Bandit camps or Risars. The Novelty of Fishing to explore the mystery or whatever else, wears off rather quick after you done it for a week and know there is just better ways to spend your time.

I thought Henrics Vision was that Fishing was supposed to be this amazing Profession with thousands of ways to catch Fish with thousands of different baits, He went on and on about it to that Omightis guy on stream I remember that. And you can catch the same fish over and over regardless of bait. Even at the right time of night you can do 1 out of 5 catches are good, the ratios on good catches are just terrible. RNG especially with a nerfed profession like this punishes even more. A fish stacks to 10k but most catches seem to be around 300-800 fish. That is honestly terrible. I got a Gutta Crab and got 300... I got a Cuprum Creft 800.

Lots of Herberus, and Truddis, Canna though at the same yield rates.... Basically, the fish no one cares about. Boar fish, that's a new one I don't remember. Seems to only catch other Herberus and more Boarfish however which makes it as useless as the others.

I would remedy this nerf and correct it with a Linear Progression to the Fishing Skill. As in Level 1-10 Catch Truddis, 10-20 Herberus. Every 10 levels raise the Yield on the Fish Caught by 500. So at level 100 we can catch half a Stack of whatever we are fishing and if I am level 100 Fishing and I have the correct Bait I can catch the good fish if I am in the right location. There is too much RNG in this skill at the moment with not enough Yield and far too much randomness with no explanation. It makes for a real waste of time which is real unfortunate. Compare this to Mortal Online1 where you could Fish Sarducca and catch a ton of Crab and make 100g off a stack and this current fishing system is just a shadow of that 1st game.

Last edited:

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Same I would also love that fishing is more profitable. Currently people jsut fishing for the mystery but quit quick again. But to muhc profit is also bad. Maybe just a bit more would awesome or more fish in general not better prices but maybe bigger fishes xD