Feedback/Suggestion, Don't release Mo2 persistence yet, Constructive Criticism Down below. With Player Links for references

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I'll list missing things that in my opinion should be released before the game is in persistence as well as some constructive feedback in the listings. . Side Note: Fact not opinion: Persistence is the best time for a game to gain as many new players and so i don't want it to be a missed opportunity. The First week of a games launch Steam always advertises games. So here is the list of things to which i believe could help make a persistence launch the best it can be. In the games current state it should not be released. Many of the things in this list is a deal breaker you can't even call this a persistent ready game in the state it's in. But people think they releasing within 3 months.

HUGE EDIT!!! 1.)GUARDS NOW TELEPORT TOWNS FEEL A LOT SAFER NOW! 2.) HORSE ARMOR, My horse Survived being ambushed by a group of players while i mined for the 1st time ever today AMAZING! 3.) SABURRA IS NOW IN TINDREM PASS! We needed more Resource Nodes, We asked for it, and they delivered it!! 4.) Spiritism was released Mages now have more options! This is before release which is what the game needed!
5.)Bone tissue, Emalj, Ironbone all nerfed! This makes Metal Armors more competitive and makes farming them seem more worth it! Combined with more Nodes this is a VERY Good Change!

1.) All Bugs/Glitches Fixed Before release

2.) Pet Ai Fixed, (Pets Still Continue to Run around before a attack and run if a fight last longer then a few seconds, Pets also will not be able to finish off a running opponent. Pets still get stuck on on everything in the environment, they have a hard time following, attacking or doing anything. A video as proof!!! Mortal Online 2 - Why I wouldn't play a Beast Master on Release - YouTube

3.) Guard Ai, Line of Sight needs improved. (Guards can watch you get a arrow to the back in a bank and they will do nothing, or your mount gets killed and guards do nothing) I have heard Guards will Cast Heal spells on players and mounts this needs implemented before persistence. All Guard updates need implemented before persistence.

4.) A /Duel Option for players who want a friendly fight and are not in a guild.

5.) The Dueling Arena to come back as well as one in each town. (A Way to Bet Money on the Duel would be nice too, both as a competitor and as a spectator) Or at least a Npc that gives the winner 100g or something.

6.) Archers Currently have Nothing, when compared to Melee and Mages (Mages have Planned Spiritism on Roadmap with Necro soon) Archers have HeadShot Skill and Bows and that is it. There is no other weapons, no other skills or anything to players who want to play as a Archer. If you play as a Archer it only takes 100 primary points so you automatically become a foot fighter as well. If you are a dedicated Foot Fighter you have lots of options and primary skills and weapons to choose from. If you are a dedicated Archer you have nothing.

7.) Mages Need more schools of magic. Similar to Archers above, we currently have 1 school and that is Ecumenical. We have no choices and we are the only style of combat that is forced to take a beating while preparing our next attack (Concentration 40% only is terrible to us) the trade off is supposed to be strong magic. But we don't have any Crowd Control, Healing is outdamaged by any warrior hitting your face, and pets right now are useless unless it's a bear. At minimum Ecumenical, Spiritism, Necromancer, Elementalism should all be in the game by default before persistence since they were all in MO1 already.

8.) MORE MONSTERS AND Resource Nodes Need to be in the Wilderness and Around towns. Here's a link to a player who ran around Fabernum for a few hours and found nothing in the general area. -----> Fabernum missing content | Mortal Online 2 Forums I'll add to this, currently in game the only place to fight over is Gk Tephra Spawn because the game lacks valuable resource spawns. Having Saburra around the towns would be a good idea too. Calx is usually found in Rivers, and Granum is found everywhere. But Saburra is a rare resource for some reason even though Oghmium isn't made out of it. The only roaming resource is the Trolls which require way too many players to take down. Crocodiles near Rivers might give us something extra with some rare fish spawns for fishing.

9.) Tindrem a Capital City but it has nothing? Add the Sewers to this and please give the community what we been asking for years about. Link the Tindrem Sewers to Fabernum Graveyard Dungeon. Additionally give players a reason to be in each City, not just Tindrem but every City should have it's own rare resources. (Please make every city have it's own rare fish as well as every body of water having it's own rare fish so that every place is different and worth fishing at)

10.) Pets Need Buffed, Some Pets Take way too many Pet points for what they do. And Herding Skill Book doesn't do enough to fix this. DireWolfs/Cougars/Stone Lizards/Razorbacks cost too many pet points. In Mo1 it was possible with Herding and varying levels of tamed spawns to actually have 3 of these pets at once. In Mo2 these pets cost way too many pet points and there is just no reason to take one of these over any Bear.

11.) Allow The Equerry to Train and Level up Pets for you.( Choose What Level you want your pet to be and get a message back how long it will take to train as well as how many pet points that pet would take with herding skill and lores calculated in) Additionally Allow the Equerry to Take Away Levels for Pets so that getting 3 pets in game isn't a huge hassle like it was in Mo1.

12.) The Criminal System needs a complete overhaul it currently has no purpose in the state it's in. Known issues: If a player attacks you and kills you in town, they become grey for 2 minutes. And in the time it takes me to spawn, run to bank and grab my items and find the player again to punish the criminal the criminal has become a Blue friendly player again. If the player has a lot of dexterity they can outrun the guards without facing any penalty because the guards are blind for some reason.

13.) Very Debatable among the community but through actual damage testing: Armor Tiers don't feel like they are really there. Ironbone Guardfur compared to Steel armor is only a few damage points different. Steel to Tungsteel is also only a few points different. If the game wants to keep all armor tiers close in strength i believe it should be easier to farm the metals or they should have more resource nodes to compensate.

14.) There is no Events Npcs. Halloween, Christmas, Easter, New Years these hollidays in other games usually have a event Npc to let you have rare Armor and weapons that are valuable because they only come on that time of year or they change every year making them even more valuable.

15.) Tournament Armor and Weapons?/Rare weapons/Rare Armor? In Mo1 there was a rare Sword the Sword of Tears and a Rare Hammer. And that was it. I wish for them to explore upon this. I would also enjoy Developer Supported Tournaments that have real rewards from the developers like real money or in game weapons and armors that you can only obtain if you win a tournament.

16.) Daily Log In Bonus? Resources/Armor/Weapons/Spell Books/ Mounts ect?

17.) Refer a Friend Armor/Weapons?

18.) Capes?

19.) Haven Boss???

20.) Flail Weapon??? Scythe Weapon???

21.) A Content Creator Rewards Program/ Tier Rewards? Something valuable Money/Stocks/ Youtube/Stream Shout outs/ Free Advertisements? BECAUSE YOU GUYS NEED TO ADVERTISE WAY MORE THEN YOU DID IN MO1 IF YOU WANT TO HAVE A VALUABLE PLAYER POPULATION! Mortal Online - Steam Charts All the years Mo1 was round you guys never got more then 1000 players with population under 100 players being average

Last edited:
Reactions: Draug

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Mortal Online - Steam Charts All the years Mo1 was round
.... ALL the years that MO1 was around include 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, none of which are reparesented on Mortal Online - Steam Charts which--for those who do not remember & those who do not wish to remember-- does not include those who did not log in through Steam.

Attention to detail will help your arguments in the future, as a lack of it somewhat weakens the one ITT.

laylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
I think a lot of people are missing the fact that Star Vault don't want too many people to join at the start of Early Access.

Henrik has mentioned several times that they want a smooth and soft launch, with the more Hardcore people joining at the start, and more people joining later as the game become more polished. This in order to to get a steady stream of income and ease the strain on the servers, allowing them to slowly expand the current landmass (and servers) as the game become more polished and playarbase grows.

This is the whole point of "early access", it is more or less an extended beta.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
.... ALL the years that MO1 was around include 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, none of which are reparesented on Mortal Online - Steam Charts which--for those who do not remember & those who do not wish to remember-- does not include those who did not log in through Steam.

Attention to detail will help your arguments in the future, as a lack of it somewhat weakens the one ITT.

View attachment 1949
Okay so rough estimate Low Ball +1000 Players in 2010 on release, 2011 down to 900 from original number, 2012 at 800, 2013 we are now at 700 from original highest number. Fixed. High Ball and i am being very nice to SV for saying this +2000 players in 2010. This changes nothing, the game needs more advertising they didn't even come close to Prime WOW, Runescape, Final Fantasy, Warhammer Online, Elder Scrolls Online ect. If you can't compete with other MMO competition then obviously something needs fixed. Ie; Advertising.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Also, MO1 was persistent for 10 years and never made it to “bugs/glitch free”.
Yeah i could log onto Mo1 right now and i bet my pet minotaur would still go under the floor in Tindrem Sewers and i bet a guard would be able to attack me when i am 40 feet under the sewers xD

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I think a lot of people are missing the fact that Star Vault don't want too many people to join at the start of Early Access.

Henrik has mentioned several times that they want a smooth and soft launch, with the more Hardcore people joining at the start, and more people joining later as the game become more polished. This in order to to get a steady stream of income and ease the strain on the servers, allowing them to slowly expand the current landmass (and servers) as the game become more polished and playarbase grows.

This is the whole point of "early access", it is more or less an extended beta.
Well yes but at the same time, it's up to us to help the devs with feedback so that our game succeeds. And in terms of a full release there is a lot they can do before releasing and their is no need for them to rush. I would rather have a really good release that is 10/10 instead of a 2/10 release that gets tons of new Fans to the game that write bad reviews and make video's called "Is This THe WORST MMO OF ALL TIME?" That's what people did when they reacted to MO1. I don't want that to happen again we waited 10 years for this new Mortal and i want more players then 10 XD

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

View attachment 1949
In hindsight i can't tell if you are trolling me, or if you actually believe a handful of a hundred or so unaccounted players in my original debate actually changes my argument that they need more advertising on release to succeed better then Mo1. Don't defend StarVaults failures, we need them to learn, I'm not talking trash about Star Vault i want them to succeed.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
HUGE EDIT!!! 1.)GUARDS NOW TELEPORT TOWNS FEEL A LOT SAFER NOW! 2.) HORSE ARMOR, My horse Survived being ambushed by a group of players while i mined for the 1st time ever today AMAZING! 3.) SABURRA IS NOW IN TINDREM PASS! We needed more Resource Nodes, We asked for it, and they delivered it!! 4.) Spiritism was released Mages now have more options! This is before release which is what the game needed!
5.)Bone tissue, Emalj, Ironbone all nerfed! This makes Metal Armors more competitive and makes farming them seem more worth it! Combined with more Nodes this is a VERY Good Change!

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Okay so rough estimate Low Ball +1000 Players in 2010 on release, 2011 down to 900 from original number, 2012 at 800, 2013 we are now at 700 from original highest number. Fixed. High Ball and i am being very nice to SV for saying this +2000 players in 2010.
You're literally pulling numbers out of your ass lol

This changes nothing, the game needs more advertising they didn't even come close to Prime WOW, Runescape, Final Fantasy, Warhammer Online, Elder Scrolls Online ect. If you can't compete with other MMO competition then obviously something needs fixed. Ie; Advertising.
No thanks. I'd rather this game not do what New World is doing by trying to pull in every type of MMO player for maximum $$$ and completely butchering their initial vision of the game. This game is a gem because Henrik isn't here to make another cookie-cutter MMO...he is at least somewhat sticking to his vision. The reason why we don't think most AAA games are good anymore is because they are no longer being made by people like Henrik. They are being ran by men in suits wanting their profit regardless of how bad the game is.

I won't argue that the game needs more advertising. You can't compare it to mainstream MMO numbers though.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Okay so rough estimate Low Ball +1000 Players in 2010 on release, 2011 down to 900 from original number, 2012 at 800, 2013 we are now at 700 from original highest number. Fixed. High Ball and i am being very nice to SV for saying this +2000 players in 2010. This changes nothing, the game needs more advertising they didn't even come close to Prime WOW, Runescape, Final Fantasy, Warhammer Online, Elder Scrolls Online ect. If you can't compete with other MMO competition then obviously something needs fixed. Ie; Advertising.
That's not a fix.

That's a fantasy.

Unfoundeded in demonstrable facts.

You don't even have the various & varying speculations (also unproven) in circulation at the time of 2010 to back you up. Just label it ss your unscientific wild-assed guess (USWAG) and be done with it. That way, it wouldn't be worse than those estimates based on 'the number of accounts signed up to the old forums' back in the day (they were ludicrous, for their own reasons). The most reasonable consensus at the time was that no-one knew but Star Vault, and they weren't telling.

I for one refuse to take your current line of thought on the subject more seriously than that.

laylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG

Reactions: MolagAmur