Feedback on my Beta Session

Bathor

Sep 16, 2020
*Logged in, took a while, that's fine because queue testing and all. I have to mention again that the pre-login scene is a major turn-off as it looks incoherent and just screams amateur game developer from every aspect.

*Character creation was cool, lovely character models, boobs, schlongs and all. I was unable to find the attribute cap (if there still is something like that) in the attribute panel. Choosing age was therefore just a guess.

* I logged in and ran around, head bob is cool, overall a good first person character controller. The huge swing delay when releasing my mouse might be due to server desync or it's intended - could not tell.

* The game takes a lot of resources. I could only play on high-to-medium settings with a GTX 3070 and Ryzen 5 Processor to get good FPS.

* Compared to the unreal engine game (also indie dev studio) with large maps "Hell Let Loose" the graphics are quite mediocre. The trees start to look like MO1 in the distance and the texture resolution scales down quickly. There are some gorgeous spots in the area I discovered, grass looks nice, textures look good. However the delivered image does not look good (take Valheim, low poly, still the images are lovely)

*Tried to kill a bush pig. Due to slow attack animation, swing delay and the completely arbitrary movement of the AI, doing funky 180 degree turns back and forth this was a huge pain in the ass. Additionally, the stupid pig took a lot of hits to kill and this was overall a very unpleasant experience.

* The house models and design of Fabernum looks quite ugly in my opinion. No one builds houses like that. There a quite a few places that feature inconsistencies like the city walls with a small reachable area, completely unreachable towers (Tindremic peak engineering) and wall areas. This has probably not been the focus but I hope that the level design and models gets some love later on.

TLDR, good character models and character controller, needs improvements on graphics and level design
Cheers

Last edited: