Feedback on Katana/Kallardian Padded Meta

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
If you been around the block and done as many duels as I have, then needless to say you have encountered the Silk Kallardian Padded Soft Armor, with the Shitter Katana made out of Jadeite or Below mats a dozen times by now. And you might have wondered why? Is it because the other person can't afford better stuff, or is there some other reason? To be Direct: They are following the Low Stamina Budget build. It's highly effective at the highest levels of Dueling Pvp for very particular reasons I'll describe below. To give some insight: I'm undefeated on Meduli Beach, so I have some grounds to review combat especially Dueling.

The Swordie Duel Strategy:

1.) They go Minimum Size Oghmir/Human/Veela for max attribute points, also better feinting in game, and makes it harder for opponent to hit you with their own feints/attacks because you then have to aim at very particular angles to match the height they created. This makes it a lot easier to predict your attacks. Sprint Dashing diagonally at this size and kg limit while being in opponents face with sword also gives you handle hits and a lot of dodges when your opponent goes for a Charged attack, it's broken af.

2.) Katana is the fastest Sword available, and the lightest. Weapon Kg plays a Huge part in Pvp, it determines how fast you charge hits, how much stamina you take, how fast you can feint different directions, how fast you can parry and switch parry directions, how fast you can combo hits. All these factors is why Kallardian padded soft armor is meta to these types of fighters because of the stamina usage of all the different feints and combos, as soft armor doesn't take as much stamina.

3.) Combos: After landing a Charged attack it is possible to land a Quick combo hit, not as strong as a Parry Counter hit or a normal Charged hit but it is more damage then a normal fast hit and that is what matters. Swords have really good feint angles starting from the stab position and feinting from different angles you can overhead downswing while in close range of opponent to speed up your attack after a Stab feint, Slash all kinds of stuff to throw off your opponent. It's possible to achieve a real quick 4 hit Combo and most players won't even be able to react to it. The Combo hits are faster then Charged hits, and because the sword is so quick at feinting you are able to achieve different angles of attack during your combos really fast.

4.) Heavy Weapons all suffer from different things depending on the weapon. But one thing they all share in Common is if a Sword User gets right in close to your face, the heavy weapon user will have most of the their hits come out as a Equipment or Handle Hit. This is determined by Reach of the weapon as well as Head of weapon. As you can imagine a swords head is basically half the weapon lol so they don't really have this problem.

What they should do for Heavy weapons:

Increase the damage to your opponents block/parries, and disabling the damage reduction from refreshing the block/parry timer, and changing the damage resistance on block/parry to a set amount of damage. Example every parry/block you should take the same 20 damage, instead of their current system where you would take 20 damage if you parry/block but if you refresh your parry/block right before the hit touches you now take 0 damage and sometimes a damage roll of between 1-5 damage through your parry/block. In addition, the RNG on Heavy weapons makes it so you often don't even deal damage to your opponents block/parry unless you have a Maxed out charge swing! Furthermore the Sword user can easily do a 50/50, (50/50 is a term from fighting games when you have your opponent guess where your combo start is coming from example; Aim low or aim high, if opponent guesses wrong you get a free combo... It's the same in Mortal from Fast weapons, they can get a quick hit in on a opponent using a heavy weapon, because of weapon Kg the speed of the weapon slows parry movement, where as heavy weapons only have that advantage from a charging opponent running towards you with a swing and clipping them as they come in, giving you a trade) Counter play is really limited as well, because your own Parry counter hits do nothing to the opponent who has the lighter weapon to block/parry your hit! And because they only suffer 1-5 damage. This really hurts Variety in game, and hurts heavy weapon builds. Because they can't trade as effectively against lighter weapons! This would be a huge change that would really level the playing field. Currently in game it's possible to refresh your block/parry when a heavy weapon user is charging their hit every single damn time without fail. This is because of how slow the weapons are! Feinting with heavies is practically non-existent and the more you duel the same player the more they pick up on your tricks, leaving you with a very gimped play style as a heavy weapon user, compared directly to the speed of the sword user who can always get through 1 way or another. Honestly disabling Block/Parry damage reduction on weapons past 4Kg would really mix up the gameplay in this game.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Also Lighter weapons can't even really damage through parry/block. So the block/parry refresh to reduce damage seems like a mechanic that is specifically meant to give lighter weapon users a huge advantage over heavy weapon users. Ask yourself when the last time you seen 2 light weapon users Chip damage through block/parry to win a duel lol. It's ridiculous.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
It's just idiotic. More damage to a two-handed weapon?
78 damage from a two-handed axe flew into my steel torso. I don't think this is a weak damage. The damage through parrying someone who does not have 100 blocking is not very small.
Everything you described can be attributed to a duel. But we're not in Mortal Arena or Mortal Duelyard, right? We are in MMORPG and here 1 on 1 may not be balanced, but a massive fight and do not need it.

Reactions: SirVirtuo

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
If you been around the block and done as many duels as I have, then needless to say you have encountered the Silk Kallardian Padded Soft Armor, with the Shitter Katana made out of Jadeite or Below mats a dozen times by now. And you might have wondered why? Is it because the other person can't afford better stuff, or is there some other reason? To be Direct: They are following the Low Stamina Budget build. It's highly effective at the highest levels of Dueling Pvp for very particular reasons I'll describe below. To give some insight: I'm undefeated on Meduli Beach, so I have some grounds to review combat especially Dueling.

The Swordie Duel Strategy:

1.) They go Minimum Size Oghmir/Human/Veela for max attribute points, also better feinting in game, and makes it harder for opponent to hit you with their own feints/attacks because you then have to aim at very particular angles to match the height they created. This makes it a lot easier to predict your attacks. Sprint Dashing diagonally at this size and kg limit while being in opponents face with sword also gives you handle hits and a lot of dodges when your opponent goes for a Charged attack, it's broken af.

2.) Katana is the fastest Sword available, and the lightest. Weapon Kg plays a Huge part in Pvp, it determines how fast you charge hits, how much stamina you take, how fast you can feint different directions, how fast you can parry and switch parry directions, how fast you can combo hits. All these factors is why Kallardian padded soft armor is meta to these types of fighters because of the stamina usage of all the different feints and combos, as soft armor doesn't take as much stamina.

3.) Combos: After landing a Charged attack it is possible to land a Quick combo hit, not as strong as a Parry Counter hit or a normal Charged hit but it is more damage then a normal fast hit and that is what matters. Swords have really good feint angles starting from the stab position and feinting from different angles you can overhead downswing while in close range of opponent to speed up your attack after a Stab feint, Slash all kinds of stuff to throw off your opponent. It's possible to achieve a real quick 4 hit Combo and most players won't even be able to react to it. The Combo hits are faster then Charged hits, and because the sword is so quick at feinting you are able to achieve different angles of attack during your combos really fast.

4.) Heavy Weapons all suffer from different things depending on the weapon. But one thing they all share in Common is if a Sword User gets right in close to your face, the heavy weapon user will have most of the their hits come out as a Equipment or Handle Hit. This is determined by Reach of the weapon as well as Head of weapon. As you can imagine a swords head is basically half the weapon lol so they don't really have this problem.

What they should do for Heavy weapons:

Increase the damage to your opponents block/parries, and disabling the damage reduction from refreshing the block/parry timer, and changing the damage resistance on block/parry to a set amount of damage. Example every parry/block you should take the same 20 damage, instead of their current system where you would take 20 damage if you parry/block but if you refresh your parry/block right before the hit touches you now take 0 damage and sometimes a damage roll of between 1-5 damage through your parry/block. In addition, the RNG on Heavy weapons makes it so you often don't even deal damage to your opponents block/parry unless you have a Maxed out charge swing! Furthermore the Sword user can easily do a 50/50, (50/50 is a term from fighting games when you have your opponent guess where your combo start is coming from example; Aim low or aim high, if opponent guesses wrong you get a free combo... It's the same in Mortal from Fast weapons, they can get a quick hit in on a opponent using a heavy weapon, because of weapon Kg the speed of the weapon slows parry movement, where as heavy weapons only have that advantage from a charging opponent running towards you with a swing and clipping them as they come in, giving you a trade) Counter play is really limited as well, because your own Parry counter hits do nothing to the opponent who has the lighter weapon to block/parry your hit! And because they only suffer 1-5 damage. This really hurts Variety in game, and hurts heavy weapon builds. Because they can't trade as effectively against lighter weapons! This would be a huge change that would really level the playing field. Currently in game it's possible to refresh your block/parry when a heavy weapon user is charging their hit every single damn time without fail. This is because of how slow the weapons are! Feinting with heavies is practically non-existent and the more you duel the same player the more they pick up on your tricks, leaving you with a very gimped play style as a heavy weapon user, compared directly to the speed of the sword user who can always get through 1 way or another. Honestly disabling Block/Parry damage reduction on weapons past 4Kg would really mix up the gameplay in this game.

Yes you can feint better with the Katana but it is defenetly not the meta ! Noone of our best fighters is using the Katana because it is underpowered.
Fight a proper steel worrior. you do like 19 damage with leight weight Katana from Jadeite to steel armor.
Calculate how many hits you need! Kalladian Padded meta ? In this Armor you get hit for like 70 Damage.

The Build you talk about would get killed in 3-4 Hits and need 9-10 Hits to kill someone in Steel. The Katana is totally underpowered. You need to craft it from Tungsteel, which make the weapon much more heavy and consume more stamina and it still deal less damage as the lightest greatblade made from steel, which are only slightly slower but much longer. You deal arround 25 Damage to steel and still need 7-8 Hits to kill someone.
Defencive playstile remains king, even if i love the agressive playstyle. As an agressive player you need to make spins while running. You take a huge risk if you do that !
I love the Katana but none of our best worriors such as Pockets or Kuthara recommend it, becuase of the range and the low damage. They all use Greatblades, Spears, Axes and can hide their attacks so well, that i can´t beat them in duels with my sword.

You said that the lighter materials can make you feint faster in different directions but the speed of the swings hardly depends on the weight of the weapon if you take the Katana as an excample. The type of weapon makes up the majority. Craft a super heavy katana and compare it to a Risar Greatblade made of jadeite or cronite. This is much slower, even if the weight is similar.
However, the weight of the weapon has a major impact on stamina consumption.

i noticed that good players can make every weapon work well in duels after a parry if they do swing manipulation.

Feel free to come to Meduli, use a Katana and fight Piftz, Kuthara, Zesius or anyone of out good fighters. You will see that they can make every weapon work and noone use the Katana.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
78 damage from a two-handed axe flew into my steel torso. I don't think this is a weak damage. The damage through parrying someone who does not have 100 blocking is not very small.
Everything you described can be attributed to a duel. But we're not in Mortal Arena or Mortal Duelyard, right? We are in MMORPG and here 1 on 1 may not be balanced, but a massive fight and do not need it.
If you are playing a Foot fighter and you don't have Blocking then you are doing something real wrong here. Even in a group fight where you can rely on your team mates and try to dart out of combat. Why chunk yourself for 20 or more damage because of poor build choice? That is literally a bandage.

Also you are wrong about this just being about duels. This can apply to team fights as well, I can comfortably battle 2 people at a time. Sometimes 3 people. And if it was just a bunch of kids that just started the game I am sure anyone could take 5 or more at a time.

There is only so much difference between Duels and Team fights. Magic and Arrows is a lot more effective in Team Fights over duels, Spears and other Heavy weapons become good weapons in Team fights, but they are not as good in 1v1s. However if you take myself and a few other real good parry whores in a 3v3 the same thing plays out where the lighter weapons wins. So long as we are in Coms and we can communicate and not turn our back on each other then Heavy weapons will become a Non-Factor. So that leaves the question if 3v3 still is more or less the same as Duel when you have all good players. Then Do we have to think of a Team Fight as 10v10 just to inquire about Heavy Weapon Game balance? Just because something does Big damage doesn't mean it's good if the damage doesn't Hit. And i'm not a shitter, i'm real solid in my game play and i can tell you there is a huge difference between Light weapons mainly Swords over Heavy Weapons. You'll have a better time with a PoleSword for example over a Poleaxe. A Sword is better then A StarMace. On that argument Starmace is even worse then A SledgeHammer because the Starmace doesn't even give you Chip damage through block/Parry but it weighs over 5Kg! Spears can be used to bait people in with a turn attack, and they have a angle of attack where you can look up diagonally and try to 50/50 enemy with a Thrust or slash attack. Same as Poleswords. I could go on and on... But Heavy Weapons are just real bad.

I mean put it this way, if I am against 5 players who use Mauls and I can counter that just by playing A Veela and keeping distance and poking with spear and they have ZERO chance of hitting me, then that is a real huge issue. I could do the same thing just by picking a Thursar and Chunking them with a SPear every time i see them charging a hit. Now if those same guys used Spears they could touch me because of Dex acceleration takes time in this game to reach full speed allowing the spear to touch me. But Mauls are too slow, and you can see the attack coming a mile away, they don't even have a good thrust attack. Sledegehammers are basically a better Maul with the same problems as a Maul so they are by their nature still a shit choice of weapon. And I use SledgeHammers to win duels and it's basically a Troll Weapon Pick. You can't Feint as well the stamina drain is ridiculous. If you Feint with a Sledge and you just play around with it, and then you try the same thing with a Sword or Warhammer you see a immediate difference and it's so noticeable. And high level dueling or even small size Fights are all about team composition.

So literally MORE Damage on Block/Parry would be the only reason to use Heavy Weapons. But the damage right now in game is so small and hardly noticeable. It adds up in time but Passive Regen/Thursar healing can literally Negate the few damage you get off your Block/Parry hits and it stams you out faster then opponent leaving you as a sitting duck. So it really needs a big buff in the right direction to make it viable.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Yes you can feint better with the Katana but it is defenetly not the meta ! Noone of our best fighters is using the Katana because it is underpowered.
Fight a proper steel worrior. you do like 19 damage with leight weight Katana from Jadeite to steel armor.
Calculate how many hits you need! Kalladian Padded meta ? In this Armor you get hit for like 70 Damage.

The Build you talk about would get killed in 3-4 Hits and need 9-10 Hits to kill someone in Steel. The Katana is totally underpowered. You need to craft it from Tungsteel, which make the weapon much more heavy and consume more stamina and it still deal less damage as the lightest greatblade made from steel, which are only slightly slower but much longer. You deal arround 25 Damage to steel and still need 7-8 Hits to kill someone.
Defencive playstile remains king, even if i love the agressive playstyle. As an agressive player you need to make spins while running. You take a huge risk if you do that !
I love the Katana but none of our best worriors such as Pockets or Kuthara recommend it, becuase of the range and the low damage. They all use Greatblades, Spears, Axes and can hide their attacks so well, that i can´t beat them in duels with my sword.

You said that the lighter materials can make you feint faster in different directions but the speed of the swings hardly depends on the weight of the weapon if you take the Katana as an excample. The type of weapon makes up the majority. Craft a super heavy katana and compare it to a Risar Greatblade made of jadeite or cronite. This is much slower, even if the weight is similar.
However, the weight of the weapon has a major impact on stamina consumption.

i noticed that good players can make every weapon work well in duels after a parry if they do swing manipulation.

Feel free to come to Meduli, use a Katana and fight Piftz, Kuthara, Zesius or anyone of out good fighters. You will see that they can make every weapon work and noone use the Katana.
I have already Beaten Zesius, I have never battled Piftz or Kuthara, i have heard Kuthara is good but if they still play i never see them. You might think the Katana is a weak weapon but it isn't. Me and my friend duel daily and it's hard to even hit each other anymore, but if you use a Katana you have a much easier time. It's not just the Katana though. If you use Pole weapons, use a Polesword it's better then PoleAxe. If you use a Poleaxe use a Bardiche because it's the lightest. If you use Clubs, Use a Warhammer because it's the lightest. But Swords are best because they can Stab hit, and not handle hit, so you have every tool to deal damage and Katana is the best. Light Armor is trash armor but people use it because you stam out really quick Feinting and Sprinting and baiting opponents at the highest level of play because this game has basically turned into a Glorified Ballerina Dance and Spin game. Edit: Are you Anabolic Assman in game?

Edit again: Also the Cronite Katana might be the best weapon in game.. Only downside it has trash Durability. I can show you some tricks with sword and I think you might be surprised afterwards.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
So here is food for thought, the devs want to give every weapon a special attack. I literally think SledgeHammers and Mauls should be able to hit through block with their special attack because in medieval times those weapon did damage through peoples armor. So my suggestion might not be idiotic after all. If you think of what special attack a Sledgehammer/Maul should get then what other answer is there besides Heavy Weapons Crushing block.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I have already Beaten Zesius, I have never battled Piftz or Kuthara, i have heard Kuthara is good but if they still play i never see them. You might think the Katana is a weak weapon but it isn't. Me and my friend duel daily and it's hard to even hit each other anymore, but if you use a Katana you have a much easier time. It's not just the Katana though. If you use Pole weapons, use a Polesword it's better then PoleAxe. If you use a Poleaxe use a Bardiche because it's the lightest. If you use Clubs, Use a Warhammer because it's the lightest. But Swords are best because they can Stab hit, and not handle hit, so you have every tool to deal damage and Katana is the best. Light Armor is trash armor but people use it because you stam out really quick Feinting and Sprinting and baiting opponents at the highest level of play because this game has basically turned into a Glorified Ballerina Dance and Spin game. Edit: Are you Anabolic Assman in game?

Edit again: Also the Cronite Katana might be the best weapon in game.. Only downside it has trash Durability. I can show you some tricks with sword and I think you might be surprised afterwards.

Sure you are welcome. I am the Anabolic Assman.

Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
These posts man...

"Nerf this playstyle because its cheap and beats me in duels"
"Let's make this game all about gear"
"Buff heavy weapons so I can one shot"
"Buff mounted"

Literally every post I read lately...
Heavy Weapons are trash, even people in the Mo discord agree, you are playing a gimped playstyle using them. You don't see anyone walking around using 9kg Mauls or 6kg SledgeHammers. PoleAxe isn't the preferred Polearm, Halberd and Bardiche are favored over it for good reason, because poleaxe is too damn heavy, Cronite is literally valued because it adds A bit more damage then steel while giving the same weapon less weight. If Poleswords weren't underpowered everyone would use them over any of the Poleaxe variations, but because they are easier to hit with their thrust feint I'd use them over Poleaxe anyway, for reference damage is 17-18 half charges compared to 25-34 half charges from Poleaxes. Swords are popular for their ease of use, and if you see someone using a Heavier Weapon it's always rare, but always a Axe, when was the last time you seen Mauls/Sledges in Pvp? It's usually always a Starmace and even that shit is rare af and weighs too much, Starmace doesn't give any Chip damage through block refreshes, while Mauls and Sledges do, and what is even worse is that Mauls and Sledges are the worser weapon lol. The spin feints are not as good as Axes either, and the Axes have a really quick overhead so they have every advantage. Are you really not seeing a pattern to all of this, that certain weapons are favored for their feints or being light weight while some heavy weapons have literally nothing over other weapon choices? Are you actually shocked that someone made a post about what everyone worth their salt already knows in game? Or are you just trying to act like you have a confident argument by stating people "made post" and you believe they are contrary to your beliefs and nothing needs changed? I can't believe 2 people up voted your shit reply, that's half the problem with this brainless community. I would actually have you test things for yourself and I think you would be quite shocked when you stam out and don't land any damage. Has any Mauls/Sledges/StarMaces won a tournament? They haven't and for good reason. You literally only see Poleaxes variations because they have some good feints while looking in the air to trick opponent, or you wouldn't see that used either. Infact there is a reason they always use Swords. It's not about Skill when 2 players of same skill can parry every hit, at that point 1st it's about Feints to land hits, and jump tricks and baiting. After that the 2nd part to dueling/team fighting is about Stamina usage, It goes back to why a lot of players don't use Heavy armor in this game as well, because of stamina usage. I could go on and on, but something tells me you aren't at the same level of game depth and understanding as I am. And that's not even a insult, a lot of you neck beards like to shoot your shot, but I don't think I ever seen Tzone, Woodie, Or Molag ever dueling or on the battlefield. And what you guys have in common is you guys like to disagree with everything everyone says. I mean honestly, I would fathom how anyone could even disagree, if you do 10 duels against a opponent with any parry skill and you somehow win with the worst weapons I would be quite shocked. But I am also of the same opinion that you would come back and be like Wow man... You were right. If i actually play the game, and test things for myself then that PoisonArrows guy is actually right. I don't usually waste time replying to you types anymore. But sometimes I gotta wonder how in the world you guys pretend like everything is equal in game, every game has a tier list for a reason. And in this game once you have mastered parrying the tier list is glaringly obvious. It just makes sense that if you have to use heavier weapons you should be able to Deal more damage through your opponents guard/parry like 20 at a time. That way it can reward the play style as a more aggressive one, since you spend a ton more stamina using heavier weapons. But right now there is no trade off to using Heavier Weapons, that is because Heavy weapons will stam out and lighter weapons can still have stamina to spare. So it makes no sense, there is no trade off. More damage doesn't exist for Heavy weapons if you are fighting a equally skilled opponent that can Parry their whole stamina bar away.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Heavy Weapons are trash, even people in the Mo discord agree, you are playing a gimped playstyle using them. You don't see anyone walking around using 9kg Mauls or 6kg SledgeHammers. PoleAxe isn't the preferred Polearm, Halberd and Bardiche are favored over it for good reason, because poleaxe is too damn heavy, Cronite is literally valued because it adds A bit more damage then steel while giving the same weapon less weight. If Poleswords weren't underpowered everyone would use them over any of the Poleaxe variations, but because they are easier to hit with their thrust feint I'd use them over Poleaxe anyway, for reference damage is 17-18 half charges compared to 25-34 half charges from Poleaxes. Swords are popular for their ease of use, and if you see someone using a Heavier Weapon it's always rare, but always a Axe, when was the last time you seen Mauls/Sledges in Pvp? It's usually always a Starmace and even that shit is rare af and weighs too much, Starmace doesn't give any Chip damage through block refreshes, while Mauls and Sledges do, and what is even worse is that Mauls and Sledges are the worser weapon lol. The spin feints are not as good as Axes either, and the Axes have a really quick overhead so they have every advantage. Are you really not seeing a pattern to all of this, that certain weapons are favored for their feints or being light weight while some heavy weapons have literally nothing over other weapon choices? Are you actually shocked that someone made a post about what everyone worth their salt already knows in game? Or are you just trying to act like you have a confident argument by stating people "made post" and you believe they are contrary to your beliefs and nothing needs changed? I can't believe 2 people up voted your shit reply, that's half the problem with this brainless community. I would actually have you test things for yourself and I think you would be quite shocked when you stam out and don't land any damage. Has any Mauls/Sledges/StarMaces won a tournament? They haven't and for good reason. You literally only see Poleaxes variations because they have some good feints while looking in the air to trick opponent, or you wouldn't see that used either. Infact there is a reason they always use Swords. It's not about Skill when 2 players of same skill can parry every hit, at that point 1st it's about Feints to land hits, and jump tricks and baiting. After that the 2nd part to dueling/team fighting is about Stamina usage, It goes back to why a lot of players don't use Heavy armor in this game as well, because of stamina usage. I could go on and on, but something tells me you aren't at the same level of game depth and understanding as I am. And that's not even a insult, a lot of you neck beards like to shoot your shot, but I don't think I ever seen Tzone, Woodie, Or Molag ever dueling or on the battlefield. And what you guys have in common is you guys like to disagree with everything everyone says. I mean honestly, I would fathom how anyone could even disagree, if you do 10 duels against a opponent with any parry skill and you somehow win with the worst weapons I would be quite shocked. But I am also of the same opinion that you would come back and be like Wow man... You were right. If i actually play the game, and test things for myself then that PoisonArrows guy is actually right. I don't usually waste time replying to you types anymore. But sometimes I gotta wonder how in the world you guys pretend like everything is equal in game, every game has a tier list for a reason. And in this game once you have mastered parrying the tier list is glaringly obvious. It just makes sense that if you have to use heavier weapons you should be able to Deal more damage through your opponents guard/parry like 20 at a time. That way it can reward the play style as a more aggressive one, since you spend a ton more stamina using heavier weapons. But right now there is no trade off to using Heavier Weapons, that is because Heavy weapons will stam out and lighter weapons can still have stamina to spare. So it makes no sense, there is no trade off. More damage doesn't exist for Heavy weapons if you are fighting a equally skilled opponent that can Parry their whole stamina bar away.
I got bored halfway through is short story so I'm just gonna say this and move on...

This game isn't about 1v1s. Nobody cares about tournaments. You're never going to have "balance" in 1v1s that won't drastically effect group fights. I may not know the exact damage numbers of these heavy weapons you're referring to, but I have been hit by them in group fights and one hit forces me to retreat to the backline because it does so much damage.

So yes. Certain weapons have their certain roles. I'm sorry you can't beat someone in a 1v1 with a heavy weapon that can outplay you with a katana. It honestly sounds like you just need to go play Mordhau.

• Haha
Reactions: SirVirtuo

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
Sounds like somebody got clapped by a kallardian padded armored katana wielder despite wearing heavy armor.
It doesn't need nerfed... It's not even strong. The player probably was.

Reactions: Ingwar Keogh

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Sounds like somebody got clapped by a kallardian padded armored katana wielder despite wearing heavy armor.
It doesn't need nerfed... It's not even strong. The player probably was.
Nice assumption, But i think you forgot the part where i said i was the best fighter in my town. I literally use SledgeHammer as a weapon. My critique of the combat is from Sword fighters I have met who can take advantage of heavy weapons slow swings much easier then any other weapon type. The Armor isn't the main issue, it's the Katana and really most swords in game that are really good 1v1 weapons. Even in average person vs person combat as long as the 2 know how to parry you can see the sword guy usually has a easier time landing hits. That is because once you have your parries down the difference between high end pvp and average player pvp is literally animation abusing with spins and other nonsense, also because heavy weapons can't feint constantly because of heavy stamina drain. And i beat said player, i have literally seen this build 4x from 4 other sword users that's why it's a meta.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
Nice assumption, But i think you forgot the part where i said i was the best fighter in my town. I literally use SledgeHammer as a weapon. My critique of the combat is from Sword fighters I have met who can take advantage of heavy weapons slow swings much easier then any other weapon type. The Armor isn't the main issue, it's the Katana and really most swords in game that are really good 1v1 weapons. Even in average person vs person combat as long as the 2 know how to parry you can see the sword guy usually has a easier time landing hits. That is because once you have your parries down the difference between high end pvp and average player pvp is literally animation abusing with spins and other nonsense, also because heavy weapons can't feint constantly because of heavy stamina drain. And i beat said player, i have literally seen this build 4x from 4 other sword users that's why it's a meta.
"Best fighter in my town" uses sledge hammer *doubt*. But yea, it's gonna be easier to land hits with a sword as opposed to a big heavy hammer. The trade off being when you do land with the hammer it does more damage.