Fairly Simple Fix To Current Racial Balance Issues

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Dagger mage just isn't what calls to me though. That's why I've changed pretty much everything about my initial build. I want to be a fireball slinging, teleporting, undead raising mage who isn't held back by investing in melee.

If you're feeling like a real anarchistic mage, then unbind rmb and lmb and make them spells. Call me a psychopath as much as you want, but I love it. It really hammers in the fact that you aren't viable in melee, and you should avoid it and run from footies. Helps get you in the defensive mindset that mages need to have currently.
Same, and im gonna use that mouse buttons as spells now. Good call.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This is why I'm obese alvarin. I found that the 450 movement speed I used to get wasn't so worth it because you still get stick backed if you are foolish enough to let people get close to you, and then you're likely dead before you have a weapon out.

Obese sheevra, hands down, has the best int:speed ratio. Fast as fuck, but slightly less int than humans, and about 10 less than that fatest ohgmirs. Problem is that I can't actually use weapons with my build. Just parry, so I'm kind of stuck in a spot until we get moves like airburst that can create some much needed space. I've managed to get it to work out really well though, and I can always drop some weight fairly easily and take daggers back to be a super fast dagger mage again.

Dagger mage just isn't what calls to me though. That's why I've changed pretty much everything about my initial build. I want to be a fireball slinging, teleporting, undead raising mage who isn't held back by investing in melee.

If you're feeling like a real anarchistic mage, then unbind rmb and lmb and make them spells. Call me a psychopath as much as you want, but I love it. It really hammers in the fact that you aren't viable in melee, and you should avoid it and run from footies. Helps get you in the defensive mindset that mages need to have currently.
I actually have a very different approach to mages right now. A lot of my current builds are what I call "light hybrids". Builds that have enough strength to run their primary melee weapon and nothing more. But with a primary weapon significantly more substantial than a dagger. This is in stark contrast to my "True hybrid" builds that always max str/dex/con/int.

I really like having the option to fight back when pressed in melee because the thing is, if you are simply better at melee than the person trying to press you, you can win even if you're not statted as a fighter at all. This won't work at all if you're pressed in melee by an equally skilled full health fighter of course, but spells can often be used to even the odds if played well.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This is why I'm obese alvarin. I found that the 450 movement speed I used to get wasn't so worth it because you still get stick backed if you are foolish enough to let people get close to you, and then you're likely dead before you have a weapon out.

Obese sheevra, hands down, has the best int:speed ratio. Fast as fuck, but slightly less int than humans, and about 10 less than that fatest ohgmirs. Problem is that I can't actually use weapons with my build. Just parry, so I'm kind of stuck in a spot until we get moves like airburst that can create some much needed space. I've managed to get it to work out really well though, and I can always drop some weight fairly easily and take daggers back to be a super fast dagger mage again.

That would be great if I didnt fish... lol

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
That would be great if I didnt fish... lol
Ayyy, I fish. At first, when I went to spirit farm, I was like 'wait a fkin moment.' Then I realized that the 'attack' bind is what casts spirit beams. Took a second to adapt, but I use F and G for mouse buttons now. Just gotta be careful in towns because I leave crim on most of the time, and I'm always just one misclick away from death handing the guy in front of me at the bank. Lol. Definitely impractical, and I've never and will never claim it's a good idea. Just something I'm into.

I swore to an officer of my guild that I'd never touch another melee weapon. Staves included. I plan on sticking to it. ;P

Reactions: Hodo