Extraction timers, simply:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I believe one of the mistakes we all make is to suggest too many things at once. So, let's keep it very simple! I am going to give my PoV on extraction timers AND NOTHING ELSE.

I believe tier 1 extraction should have a timer of 30 seconds. I think if you are processing multiple stacks, your timer should decrease each time, maybe down to 10 seconds at the lowest. This "lower timer buff" would last long enough for you to continue to extract + go get more stuff to extract. It should encourage people to extract with pack animals thus making them possibly vulnerable to ganks, not so much running stacks singularly from the bank.

Tier 2, let's say 45 seconds and down to 20.

Tier 3, 60-30?

There is the possibility of making slightly different extraction timers for say... galb v blood ore, but I don't think it's necessary.

I DO think that "greater" appliances need to have a slightly increased timer, but, again, encouraging the player to extract as much as possible and lowering the timer with each one.

I can mine quite a lot, in my sleep, that's still much more intensive than 'extracting.' That should be the meat of the metal making process, IMO.

If the goal is to make ninja extracting harder, I think this is a good solution. Cuz the people who go in w/ 20 stacks or whatever to process are still gonna be there for awhile, but they aren't gonna be TABBING OUT for their sanity.

EYY?