Everything wrong with Myrland in a nutshell

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020

Whoever designed this map should be forced to ride to Hyllspeia from Morin Khur and back until all eternity.
On a serious note devs please take a horse ride out of Hyllspeia up to the glacier then down to the steppe into Morin Khur valley, at this point you will have realized that you cant just skip the thousands hours of work that map design takes by just feeding a algorithm some data

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Shouldn't ride your horse off cliff
He tried to ride over a not very big ditch that a horse could easily jump over that he couldn't really see, that any not retarded horse with eyes would have just went over. When if the map actually had effort put into its placement, they wouldn't have just made dumb places 24/7 that are just aids slants that you fall and get stuck in.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Who ever designed Arizona should be fired. I mean who puts a canyon in the middle of the state?!?!

I mean you can argue for it but using the dumb 'buh in real life' argument is insane. It's a video game. Not real life

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
yeah I wish they at least had climbing in this game like in Conan Exiles or something. So many times get stuck in some god forsaken crevice

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
Who ever designed Arizona should be fired. I mean who puts a canyon in the middle of the state?!?!
There are canyons in MO that make sense, those holes are in random spots where they do not make sense

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

at this point you will have realized that you cant just skip the thousands hours of work that map design takes by just feeding a algorithm some data

this is funny shit. I'm gonna watch vid now.

ahahaha @ vid. Even better. Yea man, I went to Hyl a bit in beta but once I realized how long it takes to get out of there, as anything but a ghost, it's like nahhh. Mountains are good, but yea paths... are better. Ability to climb a bit is also good. I kinda have this feeling that all mountains should be passable in some way or another, either thru like a tunnel (y'know MO is lacking hard in tunnels!!, darkness etc... maybe some weird mobs to make it kinda scary), or paths. I think the only impassable mountain stuff should be surrounding the map, like the edges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Finnley

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
The "but in real life" comments are also completely wrong.
In real life there are so many passes and paths that lead you over or around mountains, for alot of mountains you can even walk up all the way to the top without climbing.
as3.JPG
All those Red dots are where paths start, the red line is a path that completely traverse the mountain
All of them are with zero climbing

Last edited:

yurilai

Feb 27, 2022

Whoever designed this map should be forced to ride to Hyllspeia from Morin Khur and back until all eternity.
On a serious note devs please take a horse ride out of Hyllspeia up to the glacier then down to the steppe into Morin Khur valley, at this point you will have realized that you cant just skip the thousands hours of work that map design takes by just feeding a algorithm some data
its a pothole in mo2

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The "but in real life" comments are also completely wrong.
In real life there are so many passes and paths that lead you over or around mountains, for alot of mountains you can even walk up all the way to the top without climbing.
View attachment 3775
All those Red dots are where paths start, the red line is a path that completely traverse the mountain
All of them are with zero climbing

You also have such things as this...
\\1af56f83eb2ba43b31351ae2e0cb1b7b.jpg

Geography is an amazing thing.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Is this thread arguing about whether or not the poorly designed erratic topography of MO2 has a basis in real life lore? :p

I think SV has this upper hand here.

Attachments

• rocks.png
    rocks.png
    918 KB · Views: 7