Every town should have a basic set of extraction tools.

Gronil

Sep 2, 2020
It's silly that many towns lack basic equipment to process ore in efficient ways by default. While I don't think every town needs a natorus or attractor since this would make valuable metal trade less important, I would like to see every town at least have access to a Crusher, Grinder and Furnace. Vadda especially is surrounded by Granum but only has a grinder and kilns. It should at least be possible to efficiently get flake in these towns, it's a basic resource everyone should have easy access to. I'm not sure if Bakti and Moh Ki are still this way also.

I know we may eventually get portable tools but I still don't think that's an excuse for lacking basic tools in town by default.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This. Theres no reason to have some towns just not be able to extract their own rocks in the area. Like in Vaddas case, there's no reason the town wouldn't be able to figure out that a crusher is good for granum, and then build a crusher. Same with a furnace.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Weren't there portable tools/machines in MO1? Has there been any word of them reappearing in MO2?
Yes there were in mo1. It would at least help a lot if they were added to mo2. but thats still a band aid for having functional towns. I havent heard of any mention of them being added but I'm really hoping they do add them.

Melvinius

Apr 9, 2021
Yes there were in mo1. It would at least help a lot if they were added to mo2. but thats still a band aid for having functional towns. I havent heard of any mention of them being added but I'm really hoping they do add them.
They should implement buildings engineering NEXT, and let the player base build towns naturally for them.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
They should implement buildings engineering NEXT, and let the player base build towns naturally for them.
That isn't really a fix for this problem, though. There will always be people and small guilds that need to be able to live in a town. If everyone has to build for these basic things then the towns all become empty and the game dies. It was a big problem in MO1.

Reactions: Jatix and Gronil

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
Once portables are added into the game it wont be as much of an issue. Some towns aren't as advanced as other and some reading into the lore will confirm that. The main reason towns have different sets of crafting stations is because the game devs want to promote transportation and reginal trading.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Once portables are added into the game it wont be as much of an issue. Some towns aren't as advanced as other and some reading into the lore will confirm that. The main reason towns have different sets of crafting stations is because the game devs want to promote transportation and reginal trading.
Vadda extraction might be ok with portables but nobody is riding the granum to another town to crush it. That doesnt promote trade, it just means people wont mine there.

And yes vadda may be a privative town but that doesnt mean they cant make a crusher. They have a grinder, it cant be that much harder. And I cant imagine a furnace being that advanced either vs a kiln. Especially keep in mind, MO2 takes place hundreds of years after MO1 (or something like that). so by now they have to have been able to make better things in their town.

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
Vadda extraction might be ok with portables but nobody is riding the granum to another town to crush it. That doesnt promote trade, it just means people wont mine there.

And yes vadda may be a privative town but that doesnt mean they cant make a crusher. They have a grinder, it cant be that much harder. And I cant imagine a furnace being that advanced either vs a kiln. Especially keep in mind, MO2 takes place hundreds of years after MO1 (or something like that). so by now they have to have been able to make better things in their town.

MO2 takes places hundreds of years after MO1 with a great catastrophe nearly wiping out everyone in myrland. Effectively nocking everyone back into the dark ages. I agree that from a gameplay perspective you should be able to make basic materials in all towns, if vadda doesn't have a furnace then not many people will want to mine their. That being said it will mean less competition for people who are willing to put in the extra effort. I use to mine in vadda in Mo1. Then take the blood ore to a 100g shed just outside of town and turn it into pig iron.

Reactions: Jatix