Equipment hits should not count as a 'miss'

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
It seems ridiculous that I get the miss penalty for hitting someone's giant weapon because the hitbox happened to be in the way of their body when I swing. Is this even intended? If so, people wielding large weapons just have to stand there and put their stupid big weapon in your swing path to get a free hit on you. No skill required, they don't need to parry in the correct direction or anything.

Reactions: Dracu

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Your weapon is able to hit through equipment. So if you got a equipment hit but no normal hit afterwards that means you would have missed the player anyways. Or did they change something about that mechanic?

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
It seems ridiculous that I get the miss penalty for hitting someone's giant weapon because the hitbox happened to be in the way of their body when I swing. Is this even intended? If so, people wielding large weapons just have to stand there and put their stupid big weapon in your swing path to get a free hit on you. No skill required, they don't need to parry in the correct direction or anything.
this is called physical blocking and is next gen btw
i used this as the combat was slower when i missed a parry

D

Dracu

Equipment hits are super randomish by nature... but henrik loves them... so dont expect any changes here. The annoying part... that stuff is clientside and fps dependent... so its not even 100% reliable and consistent either... atleast afaik.

ZVNII

Jun 17, 2021
I like the blocking part. Really cool aditional defensive layer when used well. I hate the fact that it counts as a miss and gives me parry penalty when i hit someones spear.