End the Naked Meta

• Thread starter Deleted member 44
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 44

To reduce the instance of griefing and cheese ball mechanics I recommend that there be a 10% damage debuff be added per missing normal armor piece (50% total debuff while entirely naked). I think this will eliminate a lot of risk-less tactics that players are using to play the game. I think that their should be certain exceptions like the spiritism magic school and certain other magic spells like death hand. I think this will go along way in discouraging players from spawn death balling with worn short swords, or naked mage bangs. (PS - Remove the bound weapons too)

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This sounds like more of an issue with magics shitty design.

SV had the chance to design magic to use gear like everyone else. Aka a droppable weapon. Spellbooks could have been made to not hold your spells and have stats that effect spells. Etc. Theres tons of options. instead we got pasted over mo1 magic with all of its cons.

Reactions: Calcal

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
To reduce the instance of griefing and cheese ball mechanics I recommend that there be a 10% damage debuff be added per missing normal armor piece (50% total debuff while entirely naked). I think this will eliminate a lot of risk-less tactics that players are using to play the game. I think that their should be certain exceptions like the spiritism magic school and certain other magic spells like death hand. I think this will go along way in discouraging players from spawn death balling with worn short swords, or naked mage bangs. (PS - Remove the bound weapons too)
Agreed, soul-bound weapons need to go.

D

Deleted member 44

I don't think its just a mage issue. I spawned in at CC/JC multiple times just chimped down some full geared players. That just shouldn't be a thing as I'm risking nothing.

Reactions: Calcal

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I don't think its just a mage issue. I spawned in at CC/JC multiple times just chimped down some full geared players. That just shouldn't be a thing as I'm risking nothing.
This is all I do on my footie. All the stuff I have is from risking nothing for the opportunity to get wicked good shit. Got lucky and took out a guy in full steel while he was fighting mobs in the colored forest. Still have the same steel set, because I'm risk averse when I can be, and I prefer not to risk anything without allies around.

This is my entire play style when I'm on a footie, and even I find it a bit fucked up how effective it can be.

I don't think it should apply to spells though. Henrik's whole reasoning behind half of magic being the way it is, is game lore, and according to the lore the less armor a mage is wearing the easier time they have channeling magics.

That, and it's already way too easy to cheese mages, unless they have a competent group around them. No amount of magic is going to matter when I'm running up with my 32% damage bonus hitting for 70-100. Except the laser beams. Fuck the laser beams, but that along with DH are the only really impactful spells for mages, so I guess I'll just deal.

D

Deleted member 44

This is all I do on my footie. All the stuff I have is from risking nothing for the opportunity to get wicked good shit. Got lucky and took out a guy in full steel while he was fighting mobs in the colored forest. Still have the same steel set, because I'm risk averse when I can be, and I prefer not to risk anything without allies around.

This is my entire play style when I'm on a footie, and even I find it a bit fucked up how effective it can be.

I don't think it should apply to spells though. Henrik's whole reasoning behind half of magic being the way it is, is game lore, and according to the lore the less armor a mage is wearing the easier time they have channeling magics.

That, and it's already way too easy to cheese mages, unless they have a competent group around them. No amount of magic is going to matter when I'm running up with my 32% damage bonus hitting for 70-100. Except the laser beams. Fuck the laser beams, but that along with DH are the only really impactful spells for mages, so I guess I'll just deal.
I respectfully disagree. In red cities like GK and Kran you can log in on top of a fighter in ogh armor and bang them out in seconds with naked mages. This can happen in the open world as well. I'm not calling for a value of armor or weight of armor, I'm asking for the slot to be populated, meaning the player needs to take the time to equip armor or their damage will be reduced.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I respectfully disagree. In red cities like GK and Kran you can log in on top of a fighter in ogh armor and bang them out in seconds with naked mages. This can happen in the open world as well. I'm not calling for a value of armor or weight of armor, I'm asking for the slot to be populated, meaning the player needs to take the time to equip armor or their damage will be reduced.
Yeah... but the same logic applies to anything. If five of any class is hitting someone they're dead in seconds regardless. Just feels bad when mages do it because they negate physical armor which makes you have to choose some balance of psy/dex instead of just dex. I dropped a bunch of dex against my will so that mages have to try quite a bit harder to kill me. It's actually worked out a lot better than I expected. Def still cant catch an alvarin footie, but still outrun alvarin mages because they stam out so quickly, and I'm right on par with human speeds.

Enchantments that reduce magic damage are going to be phenomenal. But, I think this plays pretty well into the rock, paper, scissors method of balancing that it seems the devs are going for. Feels real bad, but for every time a group of mages has mage banged me I've killed probably 20 mages who weren't so coordinated.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I just want to know where are things kept if you dont have clothes or armor on? I mean all of the light armor and even the medium armor has pockets on the model. I dont know where I am keeping my reagents if I dont have clothes on? I cant fit that much in my prison wallet.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
A lot of this games mechanics basically let nakeds be tanky which is absurd period, to the point I've managed to hold off guys in carapace while naked with a crappy weapon. Parrying while naked to still take no damage since parrying is stupidly overpowered with no cooldown to switch directions, changes are definitely needed to make nakeds less safe. Bows are at least nice for shooting the shit out of nakeds, but no one uses them outside of the MA players for some reason ever since release.

Always wanted sv to remove worn shortswords, because:
1. other weapon type users dont have a soulbound weapon. (not important)
2. cheesy for basically being your armor as a naked. (the important one)

Reactions: Deleted member 44
D

Deleted member 44

I just want to know where are things kept if you dont have clothes or armor on? I mean all of the light armor and even the medium armor has pockets on the model. I dont know where I am keeping my reagents if I dont have clothes on? I cant fit that much in my prison wallet.
Huh? If you're naked you won't have armor. I don't follow.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Huh? If you're naked you won't have armor. I don't follow.

I am saying if I am naked where am I keeping my reagents? And I agree that you should have to wear something to have anything in your inventory.

D

Deleted member 44

I am saying if I am naked where am I keeping my reagents? And I agree that you should have to wear something to have anything in your inventory.
People run out of houses, stronghold, bank with small amount of reagents just to secure an easy kill with no risk. I'm surprised you haven't done this. With spiritism it's even easier as you have mental projectile. It's actually a really cool tactic. You can open a portal behind an enemy group and start mental projectile them for massive damage with the only risk being your spirit box.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
People run out of houses, stronghold, bank with small amount of reagents just to secure an easy kill with no risk. I'm surprised you haven't done this. With spiritism it's even easier as you have mental projectile. It's actually a really cool tactic. You can open a portal behind an enemy group and start mental projectile them for massive damage with the only risk being your spirit box.
For some reason MP is only doing half the damage it used to to players. I just noticed this the other day. Unless they changed it back yesterday.

D

Deleted member 44

For some reason MP is only doing half the damage it used to to players. I just noticed this the other day. Unless they changed it back yesterday.
I haven't used it recently. Last time I used it was during the Halloween event. I was hitting for around 50~60 on players with 138 intelligence. I hit creatures for 100+.