Ecumenical Mage

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I feel as a community before we push for more magic schools we should look back at our first school and make it more viable / fluid and playable but most importantly FUN for solo player without including other magic schools.

i feel as though spell casting speed needs to be increased greatly and damage lowered. mana regen needs to be raised and mana use per spell needs to be lowered.

the faster casting will allow for some more mobility for foot mages and allow to cast more spells. yes less damage but more spells and more mobility. i think we should try this.

itskyle

Oct 31, 2022
mages dont need a buff or a nerf mages are good where they sit right now
if you lessen are dmg and they come out with spell resist pots then we are nothing but heals
mages are viable where there viable in groups in a groups focus game they heal when needed
and compliment the fighters dmg and they help counter fat MM they are defiantly viable if known how to be played.

Reactions: Elcaminokid

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
The ecumenical is a really boring healbot school basically, I completely agree that the first school of the game should already be a great experience to utilise (doesn't have to be strongest, but usable and enjoyable), instead of somehow trying to make magic usable through heavily locked new schools, of which the two we've got haven't really solved the issues.

Always games should make the core mechanics great before adding new mechanics which are as shit.

Sadly the school is so fucked that making it viable and interesting with this game's context is rather difficult, but it is pretty insane that a game has mages who run out of mana after killing 1 basic mob, no mana potions, have to be MM to not straight out die and be unable to cast anything anyway due to RNG interruption. And MM is boring and inconvenient af to use. Talk about losing all reagents after you die, having to carry them in the first place, and their limited availability on the map. This gets worse with other schools with no end in sight seemingly. Truly a FUN experience.

If some new/old players don't understand yet how shit the magic system in this game is, and by the likes of it will be, they will eventually if they ever play a mage, which they probably won't do. It takes a special kind of masochist to withstand what this game has to offer.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The ecumenical is a really boring healbot school basically, I completely agree that the first school of the game should already be a great experience to utilise (doesn't have to be strongest, but usable and enjoyable), instead of somehow trying to make magic usable through heavily locked new schools, of which the two we've got haven't really solved the issues.

Always games should make the core mechanics great before adding new mechanics which are as shit.

Sadly the school is so fucked that making it viable and interesting with this game's context is rather difficult, but it is pretty insane that a game has mages who run out of mana after killing 1 basic mob, no mana potions, have to be MM to not straight out die and be unable to cast anything anyway due to RNG interruption. And MM is boring and inconvenient af to use. Talk about losing all reagents after you die, having to carry them in the first place, and their limited availability on the map. This gets worse with other schools with no end in sight seemingly. Truly a FUN experience.

If some new/old players don't understand yet how shit the magic system in this game is, and by the likes of it will be, they will eventually if they ever play a mage, which they probably won't do. It takes a special kind of masochist to withstand what this game has to offer.
This guy gets it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Welcome to Mortal...

Mages have always kind of been stuck in the secondary role since day one of MO1. Sometimes a patch makes them viable but then the melee footies cry extremely loud and they are nerfed or something is buffed on the footie to make them better. But wait for elementalism that will fix everything... just you wait.. LOL. (Fun fact wont change a thing).

You are to be a hybrid to be effective as a mage or a mounted fat mage, aka Slag-mage or wheelchair.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
some mages say that they are op and most say they need to be fixed not buffed. i just want them to be adjusted. reduce damage increase mana and mana regen. the more combat and button pressing the more fun and interactive. most would agree that Ecumenical feels clunky immobile , i just think there is ways to fix the issue without making ecumenical OP and without includeing other schools and not really fixing the underlying issue.

the idea here being that ecumenical should work fine on its own and be reliable on its own and only improved with other schools.

the basic ecumenical system is cool and i like it im an old uo player and i understand that their is a fundamental difference between uo and mortal. I like the vision of MO Henrik has and want to see it continue to succeed however myself and many others feel the same way.

adjusting cast times would increase mobility allowing mages to cast more spells (+fun+) Move around more (+fun) make it feel more fluid (+fun)
adjusting mana and regen would allow for even more spells to be cast there for damage would hafto be reduced to prevent over adjusting DPS.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
some mages say that they are op and most say they need to be fixed not buffed. i just want them to be adjusted. reduce damage increase mana and mana regen. the more combat and button pressing the more fun and interactive. most would agree that Ecumenical feels clunky immobile , i just think there is ways to fix the issue without making ecumenical OP and without includeing other schools and not really fixing the underlying issue.

the idea here being that ecumenical should work fine on its own and be reliable on its own and only improved with other schools.

the basic ecumenical system is cool and i like it im an old uo player and i understand that their is a fundamental difference between uo and mortal. I like the vision of MO Henrik has and want to see it continue to succeed however myself and many others feel the same way.

adjusting cast times would increase mobility allowing mages to cast more spells (+fun+) Move around more (+fun) make it feel more fluid (+fun)
adjusting mana and regen would allow for even more spells to be cast there for damage would hafto be reduced to prevent over adjusting DPS.

The problem is this would just make dex/dagger mages more powerful while not really helping anyone else.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I feel as a community before we push for more magic schools we should look back at our first school and make it more viable / fluid and playable but most importantly FUN for solo player without including other magic schools.

i feel as though spell casting speed needs to be increased greatly and damage lowered. mana regen needs to be raised and mana use per spell needs to be lowered.

the faster casting will allow for some more mobility for foot mages and allow to cast more spells. yes less damage but more spells and more mobility. i think we should try this.
yeah faster casting at the cost of spell effective ness would make magic more skill based because you need to land double the spells for the same effect.
But the game is extreamly buggy and stutters all the time. Along with very bad hit reg issues and low frame rates. They need to fix the game first and then they can lower the cast times and effectivness of spells.

Reactions: Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
yeah faster casting at the cost of spell effective ness would make magic more skill based because you need to land double the spells for the same effect.
But the game is extreamly buggy and stutters all the time. Along with very bad hit reg issues and low frame rates. They need to fix the game first and then they can lower the cast times and effectivness of spells.

Reduce casting time and decrease spell effect you end up with people just rapid firing the same spells and people still crying about the same things. It wont solve anything if the DPS is the same. If an outburst takes 1.1 seconds to cast but only does 15 damage instead of taking 2.2s and does 30 damage... it wont matter...

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Agreed if it was my decision I'd trash ecumenycal, reworkit and bake it hard to be something better than this poop.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Haha yes, they exported magery from MO1 did a few changes and It's gucci lets packit up and pile up this shit hahahah

• Haha
Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
All n ALL i would like to see some particles and homing missile effects added to SOME ecumenical spells not all of them. for instance thunderlash , it can stay hit scan but with a successful cast on someone it should physicaly leave the casters hand and fly towards the target , currently some midget ina bush can be casting on you and you have no clue whats going on same goes for the npcs.