dynamic spawns

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Dynamic spawns in other games = things can spawn pretty much anywhere and not only in specific areas

Dynamic spawns in mo = mobs get spawned directly on top of players to grief them

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix

Dixie

Jan 27, 2022
xD They are dynamic in the sense that your character triggers an invisible proximity sensor in x location (reliably in very specific spots ive noticed) and it instantly spawns 2 razerbacks or 2 bandits etc right on top of you. I just started walking slightly around the trigger spot once you determine it problem solved. Would be cool to see a more robust system with cool things, but hey... i guess the small team starting somewhere ya? In my perspective if most of it is assets purchased, they are essentially learning as they go. Its quite common knowledge and not even inherently a bad thing. We can either help the overall game and move forward together or just be hateful and watch things burn/move on. I love MO and would like to contribute constructive and patient feedback.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
just for info. Dynamic spawns where promised for release. But never went ingame. Henrik said the AI was not capable of handling obsticles well. And stuff like that. And stuff in that area. Not 100% sure. I need to check my summaries first xD. but kinda like that, is the reason why we dont have dynamic spawns right now.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
just for info. Dynamic spawns where promised for release. But never went ingame. Henrik said the AI was not capable of handling obsticles well. And stuff like that. And stuff in that area. Not 100% sure. I need to check my summaries first xD. but kinda like that, is the reason why we dont have dynamic spawns right now.
Warum zur Hölle bist du innernoch/schon wieder on? :D
A few patches ago there was mentioned in the patchnotes that dynamic spawners were added.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
All MO epic content is best seen thru the lens of comedy. Try this with me: "lol, dynamic spawns."

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
Dynamic spawns in other games = things can spawn pretty much anywhere and not only in specific areas

Dynamic spawns in mo = mobs get spawned directly on top of players to grief them
Oh its worse than that, they also never leash. You could theoretically run around the map and endlessly gather more and more dynamic spawns following you, ultimately creating a mass train of black bears, walking dead adventurers, razorbacks and bandits.

That's another issue, the mob variety is stupidly low and doesn't make sense for the areas they spawn in. Why am i getting ambushed by black bears in the jungle??

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I thought dynamic spawns would be like the gamals from MO1 sarducaa, roaming around and not spawning always in the same place. Only SV could think of a so retarded and non immersive implementation like the player actually triggering the spawns. Feels like Im playing some single player campaign or something instead of being part of a living sandbox world.

Reactions: Jatix and Icegoten

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Here is the list of dynamic spawns I have run accross.

5 Springboks.

1 Cougar/panther

2 bandits

1 sator

2 razorbacks

1 taur dog

1 black bear

1 hunter lizard

These are just the ones I have come accross.