Drop items on the ground?

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
You can use /drop or /droploot (i don't remember which command works).

Check this thread aswell.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Stuff lying on ground would eat alot of resources making game less optimized which will make people complain about fps drops even more. Same is for bodies - as you can see those are dissapearing right after you die with a nice animation.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah, I get that.

But it does not make it any less of a shame that you can't do something so natural as dropping an item in the game.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
As long as they only make it an option and don't take away the ability to delete.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Deleting stuff does not emulate anything that could really happen, it's just a handy way to grief. More believable and immersive would be to grab some stuff and drop it in a nearby bush. Ground-dropping yes, deleting, unrealistic.

Reactions: bbihah and Belteyn

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
/droploot

And I would like destroying of items to change into a disassemble feature both since deleting wont disappear unless removed and as QoL change. Since we gonna do it anyway why not let some of that materials go around in the economy.

Reactions: bbihah

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
You have a valid point, Badman. TBH, I'll be able to live just about any mechanic that doesn't have stuff magically disappearing from the world without a decent rationale. IMHO, I think it would be fun to take other people's stuff and melt it down to make or repair my own weapons and armor, hee hee.

"Hey buddy, thanks for the tungsteel weapons. Made myself a really nice 2-handed axe for my MC with it, cya." :cool:

Smough

Jul 4, 2020
We dont need item on the ground, we need a drop loot feature where i can choose which items go into the lootbag.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
One last thing before I leave the lovers of realism to themselves:

Most other games that allow for things to be dropped create a huge mess. Which is good, because it makes it hard to loot whatever you need.

Ever tried to find the one good vest while lieing down in EfT? Or finding that coin inbetween all the rotten meat in Atlas?

If we are talking realism - I want that.

Or, to put in another way:
Why are you lovers of realism okay with a literal TON of granum sitting in bag that probably wouldn´t even hold a kilogram of patatoes?
Allows you the INSTANT transfer of hundreds of kilograms worth material from you inventory to your bank? Shoveled much in real life?
Or that somehow a single ruby take the same space as 100 kg of wood? Or that you are able to put armor that was crafted for someone half your size and it fits perfectly? Or that putting a bit of cloth on a literal axe wound will clear that up within 10 seconds?

So all that is fine. But somehow deleting an item is unacceptable. To me that just smells like hypocrisy. But hey, maybe you can explain the difference to me. But I do warn you, I have way more example were that came from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry and Ministro